*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:24:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: *DAMN BL Mappack 1: Spawn Discussion and Bug Reports  (Read 6750 times)
Civrock
God save the Royal Whorealots

« on: November 23, 2003, 08:16:34 pm »

About spawn,warzone and siege points:

You can submit your ideas where to make the spawn, warzone and siege points so they are as fair and as exciting as possible. Please notice that in season 6 also multi cbs can be done on all maps except the CQB ones. However if you think you know how set points so that the map can also be used on a different ladder submit them as well.

Just make a screenshot in GhostREcon of the command map and add your suggestions where we should put the different points with photoshop or any other application. If the command map isn't detailed enough also add a textual descriptions where the zones should be.

Just send me your ideas to my mail address. Please don't send me pics larger than 100kbyte. The best suggestions will be realized.

Deadline is the 4th december.

Yours,

*DAMN Mauti

hey guys,

if you find any bugs or glitches post them here! So everybody knows about them and can avoid these.

note that not all maps are for every gametype (stated in the rules)!

z][t-Civic
« Last Edit: November 29, 2003, 02:34:46 pm by *DAMN Mauti » Logged

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
[one] Gambit

Protector of llamas everywhere

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2003, 12:50:30 am »

Two gameplay issues I have noticed so far-

1) Stairs in Aztec are such that you cannot move on them if prone. character also sinks halfway into stairs. I'm  sure the usual glitching issue exists if  you happen to  fall prone at just teh right spot at top of the stairs, but there is no way to crawl up to the edge.

2) You can actually walk through burned out cars on downtown. I am not sure if its all burned out cars or just the one I tried.

That's all so far. Otherwise, I'm really looking forward to having some new maps to play on.
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2003, 04:02:58 am »

If these bugs are going to be fixed, then how are you going to fix certain ones? The Mappack will have to be re-released, which could lead to problems.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2003, 05:08:47 am by BTs_CRYPT » Logged

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Fridge!

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2003, 04:52:30 am »

on downtown when you come down some of the stairwells your screen goes blank and you have to guess your way out of the building before your screen comes back

"Fridge killing all 3 of us 6 games in a row and his other players pretty much blew ass... it was dodgy because we did have some of our best players in that mock cb, and for us to lose not really to their team but fridge alone was quite odd, us, being some of the best players of last season."
Acri

I swat flies with a hammer. Redundant?

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2003, 09:46:46 am »

The bug that fridge reported happens pretty much everywhere where you enter rooms and there are stairs nearby (on Downtown). Also, if you go to the  top floor in the central building, you might fall through the stairs and DIE on the way down. It's a four-storey drop... Not a fun way to end a cb.

The warzone on Downtown should be placed in the market looking area. It is just as easy for all spawn points to defend, which is more important than how  easy it is to reach.

I hate Aztec. I hate Aztec. Die CS, die.

You have reported, Mauti, that warzone on Market is not allowed? Why?

On Weapons Research, one of the spawn points are placed outside and is totally unfair. Perhaps we should place all spawn points inside and the warzone outside! That would be interesting.

Nomad's Park has fucked up spawn points. We must either:

a) Add a lot of trees on the map.
b) Move spawn points into the four EXTREME corners of the map. Spawning on the hill gives you the ability to see all other spawn points and there is no way for the ones on lower ground to hide, unless we have 45  sec invuln time Cheesy

I have experienced that the warzone on Captain's Nest switches a bit too easily because it is a slope. Try making it a bit harder to switch it?
Also, it seems that the spawn points are a bit odd. Perhaps move all spawn points more towards center?

On Reservoir, two spawn points are visible to eachother. Although invuln time is on, one of the spawn points has nowhere to hide! I suggest we move the one that HAS hiding a bit further north.

That ?s all for now.

And further more... what the... Oh my god! You sunk Portugal!
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2003, 10:36:23 am »

Crypt to release updated spawn points can be done server side. That's easy and will only be 100kbytes.

Acri you don't need any trees on Nomad map. There are so many possibilities. You can start on both hills just have to move the start points a little bit backwards. Or one at the top and one and the bottom. Because you can't see them due the fog. Same with one hill and one near a corner. Easy. Further you have around the corner trenches.

Market: because the warzone in the hall is almost impossible to conquer once taken but:

However if you think you know how to set points so that the map can also be used on a different ladder submit them as well.

The map bugs can' be fixed by us. You just should report them so you know avoid them like craters on battlefield.(I gonna edit Civic's post because this is leading to confusion)

Bye,

Mauti
« Last Edit: November 24, 2003, 10:58:26 am by *DAMN Mauti » Logged

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don't make me smack you.

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2003, 11:33:24 am »

OK on downtown.. some ties you spawn in things.. i.e... barrels.. and cant get out.

on nomad.. the fog is great.. but the NV seems to take most ( if not all) of the fog away.. there might not be enough fog written into the NV files for that map.

Djing isn't realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it's about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ's:they love it, they live for it.
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2003, 01:12:17 pm »

on nomad.. the fog is great.. but the NV seems to take most ( if not all) of the fog away.. there might not be enough fog written into the NV files for that map.

Well, sometimes, you can see through with the NV, and sometimes not(people that are closer), just like ghost town, the player will have to use judgement on when to use NV, and when not to.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2003, 02:03:51 pm »

Fog can be added a little bit. No problem. Please don't report any spawn points as bugs because they will be changed soon. Just add ideas please.

Downtown map - one spawn is between tables - the only way to get out there is to prone out.

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
[TRIBE]Meatwagon

How does it feel to be DONKEY PUNCHED?

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2003, 06:34:19 pm »

on downtown fell out of the building when i went to the window. and when i hit the ground it looked like i was still in the wall. and also the barrle thing which gm pointed out.
Da? Swiftkill

Swiftkill

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2003, 09:09:55 pm »

What about turning these maps into a pure skill game and making it completely random spawns? Grin  I think that would take care of many problems, just as long as its set that the two spawns are the same distance.

If you are not Swift, you are nothing.

crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2003, 01:56:05 am »

What about turning these maps into a pure skill game and making it completely random spawns? Grin  I think that would take care of many problems, just as long as its set that the two spawns are the same distance.

I don't think that's possible, and the spawns are already random. (out of 4 or so)

BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2003, 05:49:36 am »

OK l8test thing i have heard from a few peeps is that in OS 9 they turn the map packs on in GhR.. it makes there GhR os x only and they have to reinstall it. can anyone else check this out.. im still tring to gt my new g5 set up.

Djing isn't realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it's about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ's:they love it, they live for it.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2003, 11:50:39 am »

THat's impossible! I use it all the time in Mac OS9 and it works flawless.

since 13th June 2000
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2003, 12:59:06 pm »

hmmmm.. i dunno then.. one guy i know has tried it 3 times w/ the same result??  Huh Huh

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2003, 04:49:57 pm »

Since nobody has posted any real visual suggestions here are my suggestions for spawn, siege and warzone points.

Note I think that the Prison, Aztec and De Dust spawns are fine so I wouldn't modify them at all.

Green squares are siege points, white are warzone points and red ones are the spawn points.

1.) Downtown Map

I would add the warzone in the middle of the market. Almost all spawns have the same distance to the warzone. For Siege I would let the defending team spawn in the 3story house next to the market. It's an very important tactical building because you control almost the whole market and main street area. Wouldn't be easy to conquer but not unfair at all.

2.) Bunker

Spawn point 1 and 2 start at the base level of the bunker the spawns 3 and 4 are at the end of one of the tunnels. With these points nobody can see each other at the start. Warzone would be in the middle and siege points are similiar with the spawn points.

3.) Cpt Nest

All spawnpoints are concentrated around the middle so you don't have to run that much. Distance is almost equal for all to  reach the warzone. Siege points are  the cableway base/top station or the chopper landing zone.

4.) Reservoir

Don't be confused that spawn 2 and 3 seem to be very near they are at a differnent level. The warzone and siege point is at the stairs from the tunnel to the building in the middle of the map. No spawn can see each other and allow for nice tactical movements.

5.) Weapon Factory

Probably one of the most discussed CQB maps. Yes it is a small map. I would put the spawn points around the large hall where the siege and warzone is located. Each spawn has an independ entry to the hall.

6.) Market

At each corner of the map an spawn and siege point and in the middle of the map the warzone which is very hard to defend.

7.)

I have moved the spawn points at the hills a little bit away from the middle. Now you can't see any other spawn point from the start. Siege points = spawnpoints and warzone would be in the middle as it is right now.(That's a tough one to reach)

That are my suggestions. Please leave your opinions. Yet you can complain or add other suggestions but later you have to play with them.

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2003, 06:08:37 pm »

Ive only looked at these very quickly but i think they are a massive inproment on the current spawns. i like the balence's between the distance and tatical advnatages.

regarding a few of the map:

market - spawns spots 3 and two. Could there be issues of GL bombing from spawn spot 3 into the area of spawn spot 2 before the team at two would be able to spread out enough? possible the same issue with spot 4 GL bombing spot 1 ?

Nomad map - Are there not big sadvantages with spawning on a hill regarding cover / vegetation and a commanding view?

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2003, 08:04:52 pm »

Yep spawning on the hill is an advantage relating to cover but on the other side you are open toward 3 sites where the other team could have spawned while the spawns on the ground have to face only one direction where the enemy could be.

About Spawnnading could eventually happen like in MP River.

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
Da? Swiftkill

Swiftkill

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2003, 09:43:30 pm »

on downtown, what about putting it in the center building on one of the levels?

If you are not Swift, you are nothing.

th.Sentinel

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2003, 11:24:01 pm »

I found a major bug in bunker, when I was playing on a host in with arcade mode on, I wanted to run up the stairs next to the blue bunker, but ended up inside the bunker  Huh .

After testing a while I found out it only worked with arcade mode, but... there is a glitch near the stairs, you can crawl inside the bunker when you're on the ground in front of the stairs. And sometimes you end up in a glitch, the glitch allows you to look trough the walls of the bunker and sometimes even trough the ground bits next to the bunker...

I hope this can be fixed because its major...

th.Sent

+    + +    ++[+] +     ++[+]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads