*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:00:34 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What makes one player better than another?  (Read 7218 times)
?(uNt?YodaTi.Hfa

Flames not a noob but he sucks.

« on: August 15, 2002, 07:28:38 pm »

I was playing today and i noticed some people (who shall remain nameless, and i trust them to stay out) said they were bad in 1v1 but were better overall. i was just curious, what makes one player better then another? Most of the game is small 1v1s, yet teamwork is a major factor. I know this is partly answered in the "who's the best rs player" thread but not to the extent that would answer my question. So really, what makes one player better than another?

Also, i hope this thread does not lend itself to spam. Please, if you dont have anything good to say, don't say anything.

"Friends, respect yourselves as men, respect each other in the moil of battle! Men with a sense of shame survive more often then they perish. Those who [flee] have neither fighting power nor any honor."        -Argives; Homer's Iliad
*Kilzo*:TK0:*DC1*

?Knights of Omnipotence* ?DefCon1*

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2002, 07:42:53 pm »

Reflexes, Aggression, and aim....
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged

Kobe Tai, Krystal Steal, and Sky Lopez!
Psyks

An apple a day keeps a pc away

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2002, 08:00:35 pm »

dont forget connection Grin

-Ps?ks
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2002, 08:58:22 pm »

There are many things, one of the things that I think is definantly most inportant is aim, When I was playing against Xo, he moves okay etc. but not great, but has an amazing aim, because of that he almost beat me, There are diffrent kinds of players, there are the 1v1 players, who are good either against large numbers of tangos, or in 1v1s, or both. Then you've got your team players, these are players who own when you put them with a good team, but when their alone, or with a weaker team, aren't as good, and then there are your players who have both skills.

Actually Psyks, I don't find that connection is a big deal, it's all in getting used to playing on it. I get more lag than lots of 56k people, I got the nice cable up here, but it's split into 3 parts, and I live in Alaska. I think that when it comes to connection, it's all in knowing what your connection can handle, and what it can't. For an example, I know that I am a better player if I can hit people from a medium distance, I am not a sniper or anything, and I never stop moving, so I'm not that good at really long range, and at close range I get a lot of lag, this is a tactic that I have had to adapt to sence I got ban from GameRanger, IP joining causes me more lag, so I am not able to get into as many of the close range battles as I used to do.

Using lots of ammo can be very good at times, I get so many kills by just firing whole clips in the genral direction of the enimey as I side step. Another key thing is movment, this is somthing that I make sure that everyone who has passed my training into AK knows, is that always moving is what wins. If you watch me play, you'll never see me stop, always sidesteping, going backwards etc. I see a lot of newbies stop and shoot when they get out their pistols, at close range, acuracy isn't all that inportant, I would say that movement is the most inportant part of being a good player. There are many other things like being able to judge where a tango is moving to after you get them on your HB so that you can nade there.

-Typhy

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Cow

The better you are the luckier you get

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2002, 10:47:03 pm »

Bah typhy there are so many things that make people better then others.  Don't bother naming things, in general there is aim and movement, but you left out brain power and dancing.... sigh i am naming things.  Anyways the best players have all of that synergized (if that is even a word, i think it is, it is but i made it a verb, weeee =).  Its a combination of everything.  
Typhy what the hell are these players that are better 1v1 and better in teams?! What is that shit, i only call that half a player.  Its all about what u got up top though.
Colin on g4(gorf's bro)
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2002, 11:10:30 pm »

one thing which makes a great player is psycology, especially when the other person can hbs u.  Gorf is trying to teach me it but its hard.  I'm not talking about how u feel when u kill someone, i'm talking bout when ur in a pipe in storage depot and a guy can see u on hbs and he's comin round this way but u know he's smart so instead he'll go through the pipe and come out behind u, but u know this so u rush out when he goes into pipe and make him eat lead!!!

got myself confused but u know what i mean-- Grin Grin
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2002, 01:05:40 am »

Cow, I really don't understand what you intend to say with your posts, it just doesn't make sence, this is a forum, not live chat so you do have time to spell things correctly and spell them out, please do that so that I can  understand your post. I was saying that there are diffrent kinds of players, the best players are the ones who are good alone as well as on a team, also ones who can manage without their HB Sencor, unlike you Smiley

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2002, 01:22:54 am »

um, what makes people better than others is 3 things in my opinion...
1. aim and reflexes. being able to shoot before the other guy can, plus making every shot a head shot. if you get acused of using a aimbot, you fall under this category
2. bsing. the art of confusing everyone else, basicaly do what people don't expect, like not rush every game. basicaly creating mass panic on the battle ground.
3. not bitching, people who get really angry when they die, or lose constantly. just keeping things fun
jeb
also, learn every route to rush through on each map

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2002, 01:38:45 am »

Well, I get acused of having Body Armor and an Aimbot, the first one of these goes with the style of play that I use, however, I'm not the greatest shot, I dunno why people acuse me of having an aimbot, I would have to agree that those are all inportant, dancing used to be very inportant, it's near inpossible for me now, with IP joining, all the lag that I get.

-Typhy

Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2002, 01:44:09 am »

i've been acused of aimboting 2 times this week, because i enhance my skills by using a 9mm pistol in normal games. aparently its bs to get 4 kills with a pistol, while the noobs are runing around trying to use a pdw.

Typhy

Woot

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2002, 01:48:03 am »

Pistols are good, however, if you're going to use one of them as a primary, then you must not get into close combat against a HK MP5K-PDW. The PDW will own you, I've seen you and Colin use pistols pretty well as of late. 9mms are the best.

KoS PY.nq.ict
Forum Whore

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2002, 01:58:08 am »

bah here are my 3

1. Bsing (like jeb) - confusing the opponent or luring them into your trap

2. Connection - Lag has a lot to do with the performance of the game and how you respond to its actions

3. Computer - depends on how well rs runs on your comp, mouse interface, etc.

(uNt 2001-2003 Long live the memories.

"|MP|Cringe.jNu.X.3: no smoke, us white people dont eat dog"- This quote brought to you by Assmasters Anonymous.
BTs_Colin

Not Gorfs Brother

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2002, 02:30:45 am »

Headshots are the biggest thing.

Using a pistol while u run is good practice.

i'm the DP facial when your searching for teen
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2002, 03:07:44 am »

i got a 5 kill own 30mins ago, with nothing but a pistol and on desal plant. i got in 3 dances with pdws, its easy to avoid their fire. epscialy when using a pistol.
the key is, get rigth up on them, and circle them, don't even try to shoot them, and don't worry about geting behind them, but just run around their legs while they fire in despiration, then you stand up and they are either runing away reloading or pulling out the pistol, so simply empty a clip in their direction, and problem solved Shocked.
another good stratagy is to use a pdw as a secondary gun, and the 9mm as your first used gun, cause its got insain acuracy on the run, and if you run outa bullets you have a fully loaded pdw to fall back on.

Typhy

Woot

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2002, 03:08:22 am »

I still disagree with the lag thing, I think that any player can adapt to play on any connection, they just need time, I think that whatever your used to works the best.

Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2002, 04:46:06 am »

connection has alot to do with it, i can tell you cause i went from a 56k connection were i could only use the pdw to get kills via spray and pray, to a dsl connection that gave me 40pings were i could effectivly use a assault rifle and pistols. a faster connection is helpful especialy to rush

Cow

The better you are the luckier you get

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2002, 10:40:37 am »

typhy bite my ass and don't come back with some gay joke cause those are for ninny's.  The 9mm does not own at all.  If you are in a laggy game the 9mm will do you no good because half the time you will miss and hit the chest or arms in which case it takes about 6-7 bullets for a kill. .45 is my fav for a pistol, enough power to kill for chest and instant head shots, not to mention i have shot someone in the head with a 9mm and they did not die.  But when it all comes down to it all, skorp ownz j00 all.
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2002, 12:00:35 pm »

am i the only one who finds it harder to play with a moded retiucal, like no some people's hosts (who shall remain nameless). I find that when you shoot a straight line of bullets, its no good for medium and close range combat, so if the host has a moded UMP .45, i'll be using the PDW. there are also some bitch ass hosts who enjoy moding the pdw's reticual till it isn't worth using.
I'm a strong advocate of every option being left on since i use the Lag guns, 3rd person, and c4 regularly.

Flame

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2002, 12:09:45 pm »

in order to be a good player in my opinion, is that u have to have good aim in conjunction with moving fast because i move fast around people and when i see then i just fire shots as i run past them so they cant hit me and they accuse me of warping *cough* yoda *cough* Smiley . but the problem is that usually i dont kill them when i run past them so u have to "warp" and while ur "warping" u have to kill them so they cant shoot back at u or even they wont see u. second u need a good attitude because if u dont have one then ur team wont like u that much unless ur popular, but u dont need that in 1v1 games.
?(uNt?YodaTi.Hfa

Flames not a noob but he sucks.

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2002, 01:26:27 pm »

...and they accuse me of warping *cough* yoda *cough*

Flame, im on a 56k till next week *sigh* so there is alot of lag and warping. Connection is a very important part of the game. In a game with good connections and such, it doesn't become a factor. It's in those games that skill comes into play. I would have to say first shot and aim are the most important. First shot because if you get the first shot of and it  knocks his riticule you have more time to get the next shot off. Aim because if you get a head shot you don't need to worry about nex shots and your chances of being gimped are less (because hes already dead).

"Friends, respect yourselves as men, respect each other in the moil of battle! Men with a sense of shame survive more often then they perish. Those who [flee] have neither fighting power nor any honor."        -Argives; Homer's Iliad
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads