*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 07:37:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Where do you spend your summer vacations?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Where do you spend your summer vacations?  (Read 2200 times)
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« on: July 16, 2007, 09:01:00 am »

I'll stay the most time in Vienna finishing the *DBL. One week I'm going to Hallstatt, a small village in the middle of Austria, with my girlfriend. In mid august I'll visit Berlin for one week again with my girlfriend. There we also visit a Tegan & Sara concert =)

Where are you going?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 11:38:54 pm by *DAMN Mauti » Logged

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Phara
BL Staff

*DAMN Battle League Admin

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 03:19:53 pm »

Well I went away for 5 days at the start of July to a tennis tournament in the north of Northern Ireland. Didn't do as well as I had hoped Sad. Apart from that I will be stuck at my house and then at the end of August, I will be moving to Wales forever. Dad's got a new job and the family is going with him. Not to happy about it but will be a new experience lol.

Phara
c| Lone-Wolf
Forum Whore

Frog blast the vent core!

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 10:19:38 pm »

I'm currently living in Phoenix, Arizona working on a degree in Game Design, and trying to land a job with the THQ owned company, Rainbow Studios here in Arizona (with the goal in mind of using Rainbow as a way of working for Relic, in Vancouver BC once I'm done with school).  So my 'summer' involves classes, and 115F+ degree weather.  It's fantastic.  ...    Sad

Quote from: (SiX)Sheixhundt
Air is a mechanism of control.
and i reject it.

They cant hit me from all the way over the-
Phara
BL Staff

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 10:29:38 pm »

I'm currently living in Phoenix, Arizona working on a degree in Game Design, and trying to land a job with the THQ owned company, Rainbow Studios here in Arizona (with the goal in mind of using Rainbow as a way of working for Relic, in Vancouver BC once I'm done with school).  So my 'summer' involves classes, and 115F+ degree weather.  It's fantastic.  ...    Sad

Hmmm, well the weather here has been pretty shit. Worst summer in ages. Not a full day of sunshine yet. Today it was hailstones, strong winds and lightning lol.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 11:37:51 pm »

Here in Vienna it's damn hot. We have now almost midnight and it has still 86F and during the day up to 100F.

@ Lone: a degree in GameDesign sounds cool. Are you a good artist(drawing)? It would be cool if you could post some pictures.

Good night.

since 13th June 2000
Phara
BL Staff

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 11:48:49 pm »

Yes , I wouldnt mind seeing some of your work either Lonewolf. That degree sounds pretty cool. Id much rather be having your weather right now instead of having rain meaning cant get outside much to do stuff lol.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 11:52:52 pm »

Btw Phara from where do you move to Wales? Generally it sucks to leave everything behind, on the other side if you have been a bad guy it will be a new chance to get a better reputation ;-) J/k.

since 13th June 2000
Phara
BL Staff

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 11:54:43 pm »

I'm moving from Northern Ireland, near Belfast to Cardiff.
c| Lone-Wolf
Forum Whore

Frog blast the vent core!

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2007, 10:48:50 am »

Sadly no, I'm not involved in the art side of things in Game Design.  My (ideal) focus would be to work in writing, concept and balance.  I can envision things and paint them with words, just not with traditional tools, physical or digital.  Things are looking good so far (only a few months in, so hardly time to make a real solid judgement on the progression of things), but I think this is a good place for me to be, despite some of my first semester's professors being so-so in quality.

If this doesnt work, and QA doesnt either, Plan C is to teach at the highschool or college level, which I was doing last year in Washington, teaching (optional) introductory level Visual Basic courses as a TA.  If I had my way, I'd probably be teaching History (WWI especially), or Sociology, Philosophy or Psychology. 

Phara let's trade.  Tonight we had the first major thunder and rainstorm of the year (apparently there is a 'monsoon' season in Arizona, from mid July to September), and at the sight of clouds (to say nothing of the torrential downpour and constant thunder and lightning), I was almost giddy with excitement.  You can have my sun and ridiculous temperatures, as long as I get your clouds, rain, and cooler temps. Sound good?

Quote from: (SiX)Sheixhundt
Air is a mechanism of control.
and i reject it.

They cant hit me from all the way over the-
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2007, 08:04:54 pm »

I'm in Boston like usual. I'm interning and working two days a week, which means I'm poor as shit (which, incidentally lone, is why you havent seen me online for a month or two. i decided lunch was a little more important than WoW. I'll be back once school starts again though - though I guess I probably have already been purged from OTB. oh well). I also have parts in two shows, so I'm pretty busy.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2007, 06:01:00 am »

I try to get out of here as often as possible as things are still a long way off to being the way they were before Katrina hit.  I normally try to make a trip every other weekend or so to places like New Orleans, Louisiana or Mobile, Alabama or Pensacola, Florida.  My next big trip (week long) is going to be to Washington, DC around April of next year.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
*NADS Lo$eMoney

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2007, 10:08:33 pm »

Now that I live in Las Vegas, I try to make it back to Hawaii for summer as much as I can. Every winter (here in the sttates) I go back home to see my family in New Zealand, where it is summer (got to love that equator). So I get 2 summers every year.

Pushing the limits of acceptable human behaviour....
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2007, 12:25:19 am »

That sounds great LoseMoney. 2 summers, hmmmm, == 2 summer vacations!? ;-)

since 13th June 2000
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads