*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:48:28 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132953 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Battlefield 2142 coming to Mac in July!  (Read 9495 times)
PUNiSHER™

« on: June 11, 2007, 11:04:15 pm »

"Electronic Arts (EA), the video and computer game publisher behind some of today’s most popular games, has announced its direct support for the Macintosh. The company will begin releasing Mac versions of some of its biggest games beginning in July.

Taking the keynote stage with Apple CEO Steve Jobs, EA co-founder and Chief Creative Officer Bing Gordon told attendees of this week’s Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) that EA would return to the Macintosh beginning in July with four of its most popular franchises: Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars, Battlefield 2142, Need for Speed Carbon and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. In August, EA will ship Madden NFL 08 and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08.

The plan is for EA to release the Macintosh versions of all of these games simultaneously with their PC and console counterparts, said EA spokesperson Tammy Schachter."

http://www.macworld.com/news/2007/06/11/eagames/index.php

.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 11:09:10 pm »

When 2142 comes out look up www.agp-clan.com.  It would be good to have some macintosh players in our group.  25+

Recruit Requirements
Recruiting Requirements
Clan Requirements:
- Must currently be a BF2 or BF2142 Player (Subject to change if majority of clan changes games in the future)

- Must be 25 years of age (23+ for family or personal “real world” friends of =aGp= members)

- The recruiting process will last 4 weeks for applicants who are not family or friends of clan members. (Includes “Exception” candidates)

- The recruiting process will take 3 weeks for family members and “real world” friends of clan members. ****“real world” friends are defined as someone you know personally, not just over the net.

- At the end of the recruiting process the new recruits will be added to a vote for clan membership before becoming full members.

- There will be a one week vote with a minimum 10 total votes that have to be cast from =aGp= members to accept recruits into the clan with a majority vote of 70% – 30 % before a recruit is accepted into the clan. (ie. If only 10 people vote….at least 7-yes/ 3-no to qualify to become a member)

-“Exception Clause” - Allows the possibility for someone who is under 25 years of age and older than 21 to become a member. This is for rare cases only and the majority of these type of candidates probably will not get through. But there are candidates that show a high level of maturity as well as excellent team play. Same treatment will be given to these candidates regardless if family, friend ,etc. to keep the integrity of clan in our best interests. These candidates will be presented to the Senate by =aGp= members who will then take turns playing with the candidate. The Senate then has to be unanimous on allowing the candidate to continue on to the next step which will be meeting the recruiting division. From there it will be as if the candidate was 25 or older and will go through the 4 week recruiting process like anyone else.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 11:10:51 pm by .vooDoo. » Logged

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 07:27:33 pm »

sweet....can't wait to meet up with some familiar faces in 2142!!!

Well, I see your hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all kinds of ill shit."
KGB

what's going on

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 10:25:45 pm »

I was wondering if this will be a complete port or just for the new intels ?
btw did anyone see the keynote, the CEO from EA looked drunk as hell when he did his keynote speech Beer Cider

Monoman
BL Staff

Oh Canada!!

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 03:53:58 am »

The games will not be native ports. EA is going to use Cider for the games which means they will only work on Intel Macs.

Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter.  -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 06:26:44 am »

The games will not be native ports. EA is going to use Cider for the games which means they will only work on Intel Macs.

screwy, though I suppose it does make sense.

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
KGB

what's going on

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2007, 07:25:49 pm »

Duh

what is the point of porting it only to intels when you can run those pc games anyway ?

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2007, 10:09:09 pm »

Well quite a lot of sense given a lot of use would rather not have to boot up windows if we can avoid it! I hate that bloody OS a little bit more every time i have to use it!

Cider is a wrapper that takes the original code and by loading modified win libs into memory you basically end up with a windows app running on OSX without having to change any of your original code. Problem is whether it can really provide the job without a major performance hit - and i don't think there have been many opportunitys available yet for people to really be able to make a call on that.
That said, if EA start finding they sell lots and lots of games on the Mac OS and Cider can stand up to what it says it can do, there are going to be a lot of very happy people - not to mention the likely hood of more companys looking at the additional revenue possibilities in the mac market.

Im surprised nobody has mentioned the engine that Carmack was demo'ing - pretty damn inpressive!

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
KGB

what's going on

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2007, 07:19:27 pm »

I want to play BF 2142 on that old relic of a G5 dual 2 gig. wallbashing wallbashing wallbashing
Don't have the money to switch to an intel.

BTs_Mysterio
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2007, 01:44:55 pm »

Did EA announce what type of cross platform interoperability would be made for the games MP? I think I'm going to buy the PC version of BF1942 and then the Mac version of C&C:3. Just seems too risky to buy a game at new price when they haven't announced the most important aspect of the game yet.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2007, 11:12:15 pm »

I want to play BF 2142 on that old relic of a G5 dual 2 gig. wallbashing wallbashing wallbashing
Don't have the money to switch to an intel.

I'm in the same boat as you. wallbashing

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
BTs_hooks

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2007, 02:10:05 am »

considering the fact that the game is being ported or emulated with Cider, there is no reason why it wouldnt be cross platform, also for the guy who has the G5 ull be out of luck, BF2142 is Intel Only, because of the very reason there will be cross platform, Cider.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2007, 10:34:40 am »

To be honest BF2142 isn't exciting me that much -  the port of ET-Quake wars by aspyr is a little more tempting.

I had a go on X3 Reunion the other night (another game that uses the Cider wrapper) and it ran, and pretty well - it wasn't stuttery etc and the graphics look pretty intensive - however its hard to compare with the original PC version and taking into account i'm running it on an absurdly high specced machine. - Its hard to know whether cider will really stand up to the demands of these new games - or whether we'll end up with bug ridden crashing cider wrapped games because nobody will spend the time or money porting the app properly.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2007, 04:23:01 pm »

ET: Quake Wars is horible.  Ive been beta testing it now for the last 6 months.  Im  downloading the new beta build now and will post if its any better, but I doubt it.

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2007, 06:37:24 pm »

All that speed and you won't join me for a couple of BF2 rounds BFG?  Cry Don't fear windows.... just don't check your email when using it.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 06:43:26 pm by BTs_Mysterio » Logged

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
c| Lone-Wolf
*DAMN Staff
Forum Whore

Frog blast the vent core!

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2007, 06:50:25 pm »

If my PC were a person I'd poke it in the eye.  Instead im going to reinstall XP to see if it unfuckeries itself.  Somehow I doubt it, but it's worth a try. 

Quote from: (SiX)Sheixhundt
Air is a mechanism of control.
and i reject it.

They cant hit me from all the way over the-
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2007, 06:52:46 pm »

I admit it is depressing to see Blue Screen of DEATH on a MacBook Pro.... but I still love it.

John Lennon
mesa

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2007, 06:09:28 pm »

Probably a stupid question here, or it's been talked about already... i just dont have time to read all the post.  With that said ...  We need more love

Do the mac players play on the same servers as the PC players?  If so, could the mac players list the servers they play in.  As for me I do own a PC and would love to play 2142 with my fellow GR buds.

See ya.

RVS FOR LIFE!!
Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2007, 10:07:11 pm »

To be honest BF2142 isn't exciting me that much -  the port of ET-Quake wars by aspyr is a little more tempting.

I dl'd the demo for this game, and my first impression is that it is pretty ghey.  BF2142 on the other hand is a great game.  Not in the same vein as GhR, RvS, CoD or even AA, but it is fun.  Think of BF1942 on crack in the future with great graphics, and running smooth as silk.

Post some of your BF2142 usernames in here, so next time I load up, I can add you guys to my buddy list in game.  Mine is Cell420.

From what I read, BF2142 only runs on an intel Mac.  Well, then try out AA2.8 or GRAW2.  Crysis will be out soon, I doubt an Intel will run that very well, even in Bootcamp, but there are tons of demos for Windows.... and COD 4 first week of Nov. Some others to check out are Frontlines Fuel of War, Armed Assault and on the horizon,  Ground Branch by Blackfoot Studios.
  If the results are not that great running these ported games in Mac OS then install Bootcamp and XP and get rocking.  Crossing my fingers, ran windows on my Intel for about 6 months and 9 months with a gaming PC and not 1 issue.  I do not use Windows for email....could be the reason why, have my trusty Mac for that. clapping hands  and work.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 10:15:42 pm by Cell » Logged

Well, I see your hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all kinds of ill shit."
mesa

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2007, 06:30:20 pm »

Can Mac and PC players play together?

RVS FOR LIFE!!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads