*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:12:59 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Vista not playing nice with gamers  (Read 5219 times)
PUNiSHER™

« on: February 13, 2007, 10:58:46 am »

Woooo NJ Microsoft!   lol

"A small but significant number of games written for Windows XP either crash or creep along slowly on Vista, according to numerous complaints by game enthusiasts in online forums.  Most of the problems have been found in popular first-person shooter games such as CounterStrike, Half-Life 2, Doom 3 and F.E.A.R.  Games, especially first-person shooters, tend to strain a PC’s graphics capabilities much more than business or even multimedia applications.  Besides the occasional crash, the most common reports appear to be games whose animation speed, measured in frames per second, suffers under Vista."

Read the whole thing here:  http://www.macworld.com/news/2007/02/12/vistagames/index.php

Monoman
BL Staff

Oh Canada!!

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 11:28:35 am »

Somewhere I read that Vista supports DirectX 9 through emulation which is why all these games are having problems.

Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter.  -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 02:48:30 pm »

Haha i love it. Well done Microsoft you didn't even lube yourselves up before you fucked yourselves again.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 08:15:22 pm »

lol, go figure....a mac website bashing windows new OS.  not a very credible source.  if you want to see real reviews you need to go to 3rd party sites.

Just so you know, everyone I have talked to that has installed Vista Ultimate has reported snappier and faster FPS's in games like BF2, BF 2142, RS:Vegas, G.R.A.W. and other top titles.  The only real problems any of them have had was vista not recognizing there older routers and vista not recognizing raids.

I even beta tested Vista and even in the beta I was running those games at FPS's that XP had and better.

As for what I think about Vista, it is a complete copy of OSX.  It is certainly way, way, way better then XP but OSX still owns them both.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 09:13:32 pm by .vooDoo. » Logged

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 01:56:20 am »

eh? whe'red my post go?

What i said before was basically, sounds like people have been having mixed results then as i've seen several reports of gamers seeing little if no (or sometimes worse) performance under Vista.

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 03:27:15 am »

Vista as a whole is a giant step sideways with a new wrapper. The game situation has been odd at best under Vista, especially with NVIDIA. So unless things get fixed I think XP will go on my (soon to be) Mac Pro before Vista.... RS:Vegas is good on 360, so I'll hope it's good on PC.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 03:47:03 pm »

"would you like to click your mouse button?" Yes  "You have clicked your mouse button"
"would you like to open this email?" Yes "You have opened this email"
"this email could contain something would you like to continue?" Yes "This email has been opened"
"Is this fucking system driving you insane?" YES "User error detected, continue?"

... i thought apple was joking but my mate has been using vista for a few days and is now asking me on advice on which mac he should buy!! Gotta love it!

mesa
BL Staff

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 06:30:23 pm »

Yeah i recently built a PC and went with XP.  I'm glad i did  clapping hands   I'm sure in about 6 months Vista will be fine once some new drivers come out, or a new release.  By then I might go to Vista, but until then I'm a XP fan.

Just a side note for people wanting to go to PC.  It's WAAAYYY cheaper to build a bad ass PC and use a KVM switch between your MAC and PC.  Best of both worlds in a click of a button.

RVS FOR LIFE!!
PUNiSHER™

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 11:31:37 pm »

I have Windows XP installed on my MacBook Pro and I can't even use it because every time I boot into Windows the computer locks up on the desktop screen and I can't move the mouse or do anything.  I have no clue how to fix it either, I tried booting into the Windows "safe mode" but it still locks up.

Windows is crap, one day it works fine, the next day it completely locks up on you.

hehe here's a few more for you BFG

"Would you like to scan your computer for viruses?"
"You are searching a web page that could be unsafe do you want to continue?"
"Do you want to continue having us display this message?"
"Do you want to place a shortcut on your desktop?"
"Are you sure you want to place this item in the trash can?"
"Are you sure you want to empty the trash?"
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 11:37:46 pm by PUNiSHER™ » Logged

Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2007, 11:22:25 am »

An amusing and somewhat disturbing analogy about Vista: http://chalain.livejournal.com/43015.html

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2007, 12:44:15 pm »

"Would you like to scan your computer for viruses?"
"You are searching a web page that could be unsafe do you want to continue?"
"Do you want to continue having us display this message?"
"Do you want to place a shortcut on your desktop?"
"Are you sure you want to place this item in the trash can?"
"Are you sure you want to empty the trash?"

"You have clicked the mouse button. Are you sure you want to click the mouse button?" ... "The mouse button has been clicked, checking for new mouse click driver compatability.... Im sorry but the mouse click you have clicked is not compatible with windows Vista ExtreameL33tMaster  - please spend $500 upgrading to windows Vista titanium SuperUltraMegatron edition."

Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2007, 05:56:44 pm »

My clanleader / tech guru PC genius installed Vista and now he can't play any games due to his now 5-7 fps in every game. I say HaHa in a Nelson Muntz voice.  IMHO Vista sucks the chrome off a trailer hitch....If your into gaming let Vista sit for about six months until it is running smoothly, and until a DX10 game forces you into it.  Otherwise there really is no reason for a gamer to go for it.

Well, I see your hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all kinds of ill shit."
PUNiSHER™

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2007, 08:10:30 pm »

Check out this forum over at ghostrecon.net, alot of people are having trouble with GRAW on Vista. 

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=41995&st=

Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2007, 04:01:33 pm »

Having trouble with lots of games on Vista.   Here's an instructional Video that may help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVbf9tOGwno

Well, I see your hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all kinds of ill shit."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads