*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:52:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132953 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Short update + NEED YOUR HELP  (Read 7664 times)
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« on: January 07, 2007, 11:45:02 pm »

Hi guys,

just a short update: I used the time over christmas to bring the project forward. I finished some modules and the webdesign(to all guys that suggested to outsource stuff - I can't because I use it as university project - may some icons and such stuff can be done by others but not essential things like the layout) and already integrated it into the code base. It worked as easy as I expected it  Grin

The layout features a CSS drop down menu(like the Finder one): you have some main categories and when you move over with the mouse a menu appears.

Here I gonna need your help for a pretty simple problem:

I don't know how I should call the main category for stuff like Hall of Fame, Stats, Clan Pages, User Blogs, etc. All this stuff that has not directly something to do with ladders, rules, forum or your profile.

Any ideas? Should I make them accessable via the "Home" main category or group some links together  under a new category!?

Thanks and good night,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 01:01:39 am »

yeah that occured to me after i posted it before - wouldn't be very good sub-contracting your degree work! Wink

Um regarding menus --> best thing is probably if you can give us a full list of the different sections and then we can see what is best grouped together.

i think i would put the clan pages and user blogs etc under some kind of 'community' grouping.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 11:12:30 am »

Alright so far my menu structure is the following:

*DBL Home(no submenu - just a direct link to the index so far) - Ladders(with all ladders as submenu) - Rules(with probably submenu links to the game rules) - Forum(I'm not sure if I get the own selfdeveloped *DBL forum going for release - if I do it would feature direct links to all categories) - Contribute(with submenus CREATE: A new Clan - new roster; JOIN: - ladder - clan; POST: forum, clanpage, blog, MANAGE: Your clan - Your User Settings - Notifications and eventually SEARCH(but I'm not sure about that)

Maybe last but not least I should add a BROWSE main category covering clans - users - online servers - cb invitations (most recent entries from the last 2 items are also visible on the start page).

So a community tab is a good suggestion, or as posted above add these items under a browse tab.

All good ideas and suggestions are welcome.

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 11:31:33 am »

yeah, a browse categoy sounds good - for AA etc our guys  are constantly 'browsing' the servers and stats etc to see who is online and whats going on - so i can see that being a very popular way.

[a] LYNX

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 12:43:42 am »

feature request: in the forum menu item, i would like to see a number behind each sub forum which states the number of new entries since my last visit.

the menus "ladders" and "rules" should merge into one menu with the last item beeing rules - or how many rules you wanna link to?

same with "manage" and "contribute" -> just name them "my account".

feature request: definately do a search! the forum and all the clan pages and stuff like rules should be searchable. its the content of this site. all this info sortable by a good filter is a really big feature in my view, imagine mac os x.3 vs. x.4!

[a] LYNX
[a] LYNX

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 12:46:23 am »

downloads menu is missing with the options for mac or pc. an privileged admin is needed for that section too.

[a] LYNX
PUNiSHER™

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 02:58:54 am »

Punisher's suggestions:

- *DAMN $5 Membership Pack  (*Paypal Only* to Mauti)  (Allows users playing in the Battle League to win merchandise.)

All membership kits come with the glitchers t-shirt!  lol
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 05:31:01 am by PUNiSHER™ » Logged

[a] LYNX

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 09:52:08 pm »

pun, i would pay you for that picture! i would favor black t-shirts...

[a] LYNX
PUNiSHER™

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 12:03:30 pm »

Mauti do you have any updates or news about when the new website will be done?  Also is there going to be a New *DBL Pack when the site is ready?

There hasn't been any Ghr CB action in such a long time how about a "modless" spring tourney on a weekend?  Possibly 4 vs 4 and let teams sign up on the forum?  It wouldn't necessarily have to be a clan thing, people could just submit a 4 man roster.  Then have the official CB start time at 1PM or something on a saturday or sunday.

PS:  The *DAMN clan should get off their asses and play.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 12:08:34 pm by PUNiSHER™ » Logged

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2007, 03:37:40 pm »

Hey Pun,

I'll answer what i can for you as i know Mauti is up to his ears in work.
Re schedule last time i spoke to him it was a matter of 'weeks' so its close, very close!

Im certainly up for organising a tourny, you might find by the time its organised DBL 2.0 hits the net but there is no harm is organising it - modless & or modded are allways possiblilities and allways have been - perhaps folks might be interested in a open clan tourny - groups of 4 from any clans playing a simple knock out tournyment?

Worst

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2007, 05:42:22 pm »

PS:  The *DAMN clan should get off their asses and play.

We are playing (tribe is) but since are almost the only euro clan thats still active, we cant cb cause us clan members are at work.

count on me for your tourney, and on many others players, everybody want to play, but without league or tourney or w/e, they dont ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads