*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:41:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132953 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!)
| | |-+  PC Game Centre
| | | |-+  RainbowSix Las Vegas
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: RainbowSix Las Vegas  (Read 5364 times)
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« on: January 06, 2007, 04:50:57 pm »

Any of you intel mac users play Rainbow six Las Vegas?

I gotta say, i was skeptical about buying this game at first because of the preiview flop called Lock down.  I am so glad I got it.  When I saw one of the maps called "Streets" I almost shit a brick.  Yes, thats right all you old schoolers from Eagle watch and Urban Ops, there are several old school maps with this game.  City Street Large and Kill House to mention 2.

For those of you that loved Rogue Spear and the Rainbow six series I would highly recommend this game.  It is the closes game play to those older games I have ever seen with great graphics.

So if you have an Intel box and use xfire, send me a shout anytime and I will be happy to get in some Good Games with you.

--voo
xfire: voodoo007

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 07:31:14 pm »

watched a few videos etc, graphics are definatly 'shit a brick' - slick isn't the word, bloody eye popping is more accurate. If the intel mac ever gets bought this is certainly going on my 'pc games' list!!

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 04:52:27 pm »

Hell yeah its good.  I went all in.  After using my intel Mac for PC gaming for 7 months I decided to build a gaming PC and leave my Mac for what its was meant for......my work(creative media/print & video).

I built a highly upgradable kick ass gaming PC for under $2000. I am so glad I did.  Gaming has taken on a whole new meaning for me.  Graphics are intense...and games run super smooth, all jacked up.  512 of VRAM!!!! cant wait to enable SLI so I cn get it up to 1G Dancing banana

R6 Vegas.  At first I was a bit bummed with the no leaning and all, but the new cover system is pretty sweet.  Repelling has also been added, which is pretty damn cool.  Repel down the side of a building and peer through a window with your pistol out.  Pick off an enemy then crash through the window.  Haven't logged too much time yet, but I'm starting to really enjoy the game.  Customize your character....face, outfitting...armor..different cammo patterns...and so on.  R6 fans should like this one. Support seems to be there for this one...a few patches have already been released....PB has been added...game seems much more stable than the initial release.  If you have an Intel Mac or are thinking of picking up a PC for gaming...do it already.  The installation of Bootcamp is pretty straight forward, and I ran it every day for 7 months without a hitch.  Do not fear it. Anyone needs some help with it, you can contact me here:cell@attackforcez.com with any problems...I'll try and help you out best I can.

I have posted some ss's of R6:Vegas on my Xfire page - http://www.xfire.com/profile/cell440/

The gaming rig info is also listed on the bottom of my xfire page.  It would be really cool to see some familiar faces in the new world.  Contact me if any of you decide to jump in.  Message me on xfire....best way to get in touch.  Hope to see you guys around.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 04:54:05 pm by Cell » Logged

Well, I see your hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all kinds of ill shit."
Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 04:30:32 pm »

I guess no one gives a shit about this one?

BTW its created with the Unreal engine.  Maybe there is hope for you PPC Mac holdouts.

Well, I see your hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all kinds of ill shit."
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 06:48:31 am »

I added you to my xfire cell.  I play Vegas a few times a week.

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 06:06:20 pm »

Cool deal Voodoo, I'll keep an eye out for you.  Played some GRAW with 5150 the other night.  Nice to see some old faces in the PC world.

11.Dr.5150

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 11:01:36 pm »

yea graw was a blast.

my xfire is dr5150

i play about every 1st person shooter for pc atm.
mesa
BL Staff

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2007, 07:41:21 pm »

Any of you intel mac users play Rainbow six Las Vegas?

I gotta say, i was skeptical about buying this game at first because of the preiview flop called Lock down.  I am so glad I got it.  When I saw one of the maps called "Streets" I almost shit a brick.  Yes, thats right all you old schoolers from Eagle watch and Urban Ops, there are several old school maps with this game.  City Street Large and Kill House to mention 2.

For those of you that loved Rogue Spear and the Rainbow six series I would highly recommend this game.  It is the closes game play to those older games I have ever seen with great graphics.

So if you have an Intel box and use xfire, send me a shout anytime and I will be happy to get in some Good Games with you.

--voo
xfire: voodoo007

Streets!!! woot, I plan on getting Vegas very soon.  See ya out there!

RVS FOR LIFE!!
PandabeaR

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2007, 08:58:20 pm »

Yo voodoo, I got a pc that I play RSV on all the time. My xfire account is pandab34r. Love to play sometime. Maybe we can get more gr players on.... I know cell plays that and GRAW alot so yeh. FUN Smiley
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2007, 08:34:58 pm »

Cell so what is your final conclusion about RSV? Did you enjoy it? Can you compare it with GRAW2?

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2007, 11:05:25 pm »

Not even close.  Although the graphics are pretty damn sweet, the cover system is a bit lame i thought,cool at times, no so cool at other times but at the cost of no leaning it is just not that cool.  It could have been this way for campaign, but for MP it is just not right.

CAmpaign is sick though, repelling was a nice addition. Running around seemed a bit weird, kind of slightly crouched not a real sprint if you get what I mean.

Custom skins are really cool, you have the ability to customize your character for MP, very wide variety of loadouts.  But something is different and maybe not in a good way from the RvS team skins.  Liked it better, with only the custom arm patch to distinguish.

No damage model(limping).  Lame....took that out of GRAW 1 & 2 also.  Sadly missed.

Kits have a nice selection, liked the kit selection setup better in RvS.

Maps are pretty sweet.

Lack of support may have all but killed R6V.  1.0.5 patch just was released yesterday, fixing MP bugs and server crashes, and a slew of other things.  Community cried about it since December.

Pretty good game, besides the above mentioned complaints, but GRAW 1 held my interest for way longer.
I'd give the SP a 7.5/10 and the MP a 6/10.

GRAW's campaign 7/10 & MP & MP 7.5/10

GRAW 2 may get a 9-9.5/10 on MP, but I will wait, last night was my first night playing, first impression was a good one though. Seems they are heading back in the right direction, with more open rural type maps.  There is even one that reminds me of a combination between the Island Thunder Maps of High Sierra & Island.  I will try to post some screenies tomorrow, maybe FRAPS a video as well.

Phara
BL Staff

*DAMN Battle League Admin

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2007, 01:04:15 am »

Read quite a few on your clan's website (www.attackforcez.com). Most of your clan seem pleased with it. Im talking about GRAW2 btw Smiley
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2007, 07:33:41 pm »

GRAW series has never done anything for me.. it just has seemed like a console project from day one. Being a Rogue Spear player, I much prefer my time in Battlefield games to R6:V or GRAW (Though I prefer R6:V far more as it at least felt computer-like on computer... that and it's a faster game designed without camping in mind. Wow that was an old school GhR insult  Wink    Lips Sealed).

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2007, 09:30:27 pm »

GRAW2 PC was built from the ground up standalone for PC.  Not a 360 port like R6:Vegas.

R6:Vegas has released a patch finally, and Widescreen support has been fixed.  Game seems to run a bit smoother now.  Still a great game.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads