*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:47:23 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132953 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A last minute christmas update  (Read 4700 times)
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« on: December 23, 2006, 11:32:06 am »

Hi guys,

sorry for the lack of updates but I'm really under pressure from all sides. One university project demands more time than the other. My girlfriend is totally unhappy seeing me under such a pressure, and is also pushing me to spend more time with her. Deadlines and exams are coming closer and closer and the *DBL 2.0 development is still not finished.

The good news I'm still working on it. The *DBL 2.0 is far away from being vaporware. The bad news I still need time. I wish I could hold on the time for a few months and press the play button again when everything is done. I'm really sorry that I stress your patience that much, but I can't work faster with all these things I have to do and finsih beside the *DBL: right now I have 3 other university projects running: implementing a CORBA client for an online reservation service, developing a Carnivore Surveillance/Spy  Tool and last but not least creating an OpenGL demo scene with an own written framework/engine and own scripted shading examples and features like bump mapping.

The *DBL 2.0 is by far the most complex of my current tasks due its enormous size. So I'm struggling at all corners with deadlines and hope to finish all projects successfully in january 2007. Holidays will be used more or less completely  for programming and to calm down my girlfriend that soon I gonna have more time again for the fun things of life.

Right now I struggling with the website design of the *DBL 2.0 and some javascript functions.

Btw if you haven't done already take a look at the *DBL page for a small surprise  Wink

I hope you all get the idea what it should show. Hint: you should be able to see more than just 2 faces.

As you can see I'm on fire, or better my seat is on fire ;-) but I haven't forgotten you. So please be patient with me.

Finally I wish you all a merry christmas and a happy new year. I hope to bring you some great releases in 2007.

Yours,

Mauti
ps: a trophy, if you haven't seen it.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 11:36:23 am by *DAMN Mauti » Logged

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 12:16:48 pm »

damn it mauti, no wait *DAMN IT Mauti! Don't knock yourself out, great to see that everything is still going well and don't worry projects allways take longer than you think Wink love the graphic - very Aqua! Smiley

The other projects sound seriously hardcore, just one on its own would be a heck of a work load, if there's stuff that any of us can help out with with the DBL work do ask - there might be a few javascript pro's out there and there are definatly a few capable site designers who might be able to lend a hand!

Other than that happy christmas mate, enjoy!

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
[a] LYNX

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 01:05:31 pm »

merry x-mas and yeah, rethink about the outscoring!

[a] LYNX
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads