*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:26:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  What movies have you seen recently?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What movies have you seen recently?  (Read 61239 times)
cO.twist

« Reply #400 on: May 14, 2006, 09:18:10 am »

We also watched Brokeback Mountain and I was also disspointed in that.  It got great reviews I think mostly cause it was something different but I thought it had a really shitty plot and at the end of the movie I was thinking how pretty much nothing had happened.  I am not saying this because it was two gay guys, in fact that didn't bother me at all watching them make out or whatever.  I mean, it's weird but I wasn't covering my eyes. 

Making out is putting it lightly...the first time they kissed, one of them got his ass pounded in. 

about MI III...i actually liked it....i thought there was alot of action.  I liked the fact that they didnt show him actually retreiving the rabbits foot...how he enters/exits was badass...just showed a different prospective of what was going on during that time...i thought it was different/cool.
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #401 on: May 14, 2006, 03:31:31 pm »

We watched North Country a few nights ago and that was very good.  It's about a mining company in Minnesota around the 70's and it was basically run by men until a few women decided to show up and the majority of the movie just shows how badly they were treated and how one of the fought to get the rest equal rights.  It's really good for any of you sexists out there who think like these miners did.

We also watched Munich last night and that was also very good.  About the 1972 (i think?) olympics where the arabs killed 11 israelis.  The Israeli government then hires a group of assasins to take down the top members of the arab terrorist society called Black September.  Some sweet explosive special effects. Smiley

BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #402 on: May 14, 2006, 05:19:11 pm »

I just watched Munich for the first time last night too.  I always enjoy seeing a movie that shows Israel getting back at the people that want that country eliminated, which is basically every nation on earth except for the United States.[/size]  Wink

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #403 on: May 14, 2006, 07:01:42 pm »

We also watched Brokeback Mountain and I was also disspointed in that.  It got great reviews I think mostly cause it was something different but I thought it had a really shitty plot and at the end of the movie I was thinking how pretty much nothing had happened.  I am not saying this because it was two gay guys, in fact that didn't bother me at all watching them make out or whatever.  I mean, it's weird but I wasn't covering my eyes. 
Making out is putting it lightly...the first time they kissed, one of them got his ass pounded in. 

True, heh, that was really weird the way out of the blue he just yanks him over and well . . .ew.

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #404 on: May 14, 2006, 10:41:16 pm »

Yesterday I watched SilentHill with my girlfriend and we both found it kinda boring, and in no way horror. If you have ever played SilentHill, you know what a frightening feeling it should generate. Although the movie had a similiar atmosphere as the game, and locations looked really similiar to the game, there were no shocks or anything else. Further the CGI Animations could be easily distungished from the other real shoots.

Last but not least, why the hell did they take a female leading actor, bah. The game was unique and really frightened me, but the movie just made me tired.

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
DAMN Bondo

« Reply #405 on: May 15, 2006, 05:11:45 am »

I just watched Munich for the first time last night too.  I always enjoy seeing a movie that shows Israel getting back at the people that want that country eliminated, which is basically every nation on earth except for the United States.[/size]  Wink

You missed the point.

True, heh, that was really weird the way out of the blue he just yanks him over and well . . .ew.

Yeah, it was a bit unusual. Usually you need a bit more preparation and caution. Did anyone else notice the nice spit on the hand as lube? I actually missed it too but my roommates were all over that detail.
Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #406 on: May 15, 2006, 08:05:45 pm »

I hear Weak was a stunt double for the bare ass scenes in Brokeback Mountain.  His performance landed him a starring role in the Mexican remake titled "Brokeback Wetback". He declined the stunt double.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 10:56:42 pm by Cell » Logged

Well, I see your hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all kinds of ill shit."
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #407 on: May 21, 2006, 11:06:01 pm »

We just watched The Sweet Hereafter and it was good but at the end I was still confused, like they had some more to explain.

It was basically about an accident in Canada which involved a bus full of kids and a small close knit community.  Interesting watch though a slightly older movie.  1997? I think.

DAMN Bondo

« Reply #408 on: May 22, 2006, 04:57:56 am »

Saw The Da Vinci Code yesterday. It does an amazing job translating the book into film. Whether you like it I suppose has more to do with your opinion of the source material. I happen to think it is very important because while it is fiction based on pieces of historical evidence, so is the Bible. It can and should make one think about what they want to believe about Christianity.

Today I saw Silence of the Lambs for the first time and actually was very disappointed. The Hannibal-Clairese (sp?) interchange is great and I can see why there were acting nominations, but the actual murder mystery of the movie is weak...equivilent to the film versions of James Patterson novels Kiss The Girls and Along Came A Spider. I liked the prequel Red Dragon, which I watched first, much better. I started to watch Hannibal afterwards but couldn't get into it at all.
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #409 on: May 22, 2006, 08:24:51 am »

So I also saw MI III I liked it, despite the fact that it needed a major plot upgrade, it was an intense movie that kept me interested the whole way through.  Of course, it went farther from the original amazingness of MI one where you didn't know who was good, and who was bad.  (I mean it had the small bit with Laurence Fishbourn and the other MI exec guy) but it was nothing like the original.  The second movie had more "action" but was less intense.  I thought MI III was well worth the money, and was at least a good way to spend 2 hours or so.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #410 on: May 22, 2006, 04:49:09 pm »

In my never ending pursuit of the obscure and profound..i need to suggest "Bad Boy bubby".

An indie Aussie film, by a legendary director.
There were 22!! photography directors, so in terms of subtle but BRILLIANT photography, this one was a masterpiece.

now, its weird, its dark, a bit disturbing, but one of the best thought out small movies ive ever seen.

premise:
Young man lives with his mother, who  has stunted his emotional and intellectual growth by Extreme control..until one day..bubby gets out to see the real world for himself.

In addition, the sound is shot with stereo helmet mics, so that the sound comes thru as Bubby would hear them. Much is shot from his perspective. Neat touch.

And good to hear from you guys on MI3 and DaVinci..Its been pathetic watching all these religious groups get bent over  *gasp* A WORK OF FICTION!!!!
Im anxious to see them both..However my eyes will NEVER see Weaks smooth brown ass in Brokeback, becuase I dont do gay cowboy flicks... My wife said it was good, albeit a bit uncomfortable...(Sheix went out for beer and pool while she watched it)

Oh, and although Im not a comix fan, ive had fun with the Xmen movies and look forward to the 26th. The trailers look like it might be the best of the three, in terms of action and effects....i put these in the "fun" category..I go to eat 7 dollar popcorn, a six dollar coke and hear rumbling dolby speakers..its that simple.

Screw Medved, and Ebert and Roper..fucking payola shills..
Ive loved almost every movie they have railed against.

I discovered why the buddha laughs.
The truth is so horrifying, it's funny.
:V:*Beast

don't try Norton on me... it won't work...

« Reply #411 on: May 23, 2006, 01:16:34 am »

Yesterday I watched SilentHill with my girlfriend and we both found it kinda boring, and in no way horror. Last but not least, why the hell did they take a female leading actor, bah. The game was unique and really frightened me, but the movie just made me tired.

So, that was you snoring at the back!!!

Da Vinci Code: I kind of liked the book, a typical page-turner, the movie was... average  Sad

MI III: EWWWW!! Tom Cruise EWWWW!! the series were way much better

Silent Hill: despite Mauti's snoring, I enjoyed the movie

i added "Bad Boy Bubby" on my list, thanx for the tip Sheix
another great Aussie cult film is "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert"
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 01:20:46 am by ViRuS - The...Beast » Logged

quote of the year:
(quoted by Ace:) unknown: If idiots could fly, GR would be an airport.

vanitas vanitatum, omnia vanita est...
GeT iNfEcTeD!!
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #412 on: May 23, 2006, 02:10:42 am »

I'll be going to see DaVinci in a few weeks when things calm down at the theaters.

What is a little ridculous is some people I've talked to are taking this movie literally which is not what its meant for.  Just like Sheix says it's a work of FICTION. Wink

Only thing thats true as stated in the beginning of the book:

The Priory of Sion
Opus Dei
All descriptions of artowrk, architecture, documents and secret rituals.

Other than that it's just a STORY.

NiKLoT

« Reply #413 on: May 24, 2006, 05:57:01 pm »

Mi: III , hmm no story much action, thats pretty much that what i like
TDC: i liked the film, i read the book too and fo sho it doesnt reach the quality of the book but i still liked it (love all Dan Brown books and in case of the davinci code, id rath belive him then the chirch!!!)

Now to a film i prefered i hadnt seen it: Hostel, this film had no release in switzerland! but as i am, if something is forbidden or illegal, i have to try or in this case to c it, and i had to say OMFG!! This film is not like a normal horror film, this film has no story besides sexaddicted guys searching bitches untill about 1/2 of the film but then the masacre starts and its just horrible.. well w/e
Ethion
Forum Whore

2x1.8 G5 at your service

« Reply #414 on: May 29, 2006, 10:27:03 pm »

I managed to get ahold of a movie called The Final Countdown, from 1980.
With stars like Martin Sheen, and Kirk Douglas.

It's about a aircraft carrier that gets transported back in time to 1940, when the japs are going to attack Pearl Harbor..

I have to say, it's one terrible movie, but so funny. One scene, a senator manages to destroy a whole chopper with a flare gun. Quality ey?

http://imdb.com/title/tt0080736/

DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #415 on: May 31, 2006, 09:44:16 am »

shade just so you know, Priory of sion isnt real, it was discovered to be a 1950's hoax a while back.

I just finished the book davinci code (It took me all of one day) and I've got to say, I hate it when books are so good you can't put them down.  I wanted to go do other things, but I just couldn't this book was so good.  Its too bad that the movie supposedly doesnt keep up with the book, even with the big names.  Oh well, It will be neat to see anyway now that I've read the book.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #416 on: June 02, 2006, 12:14:34 am »

Direct from the beginning of the book

FACT:

The Priory of Scion -
a European secret society founded in 1099-is a real organization.  In 1975 Paris's Bibliotheque Nationale discovered parchments known as Les Dossiers SEcrets, identifying numberous members of the Priory of Sion, including Sir Isaac Newton, Botticelli, Victor Hugo, and Leonardo da Vinci.

What parts of the book did you read? heh.

DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #417 on: June 02, 2006, 06:25:32 pm »

The whole thing, then I watched some of the discovery channels Da Vinci Code week, which said that the Priory of Sion is in fact a fake.  That list was created back in the 50's according to the discovery channel  And shortly after its discovery was proven to be a fraud.   A group called the "Priory of Sion" may have once existed, but it did not have leaders as illustrious as Isaac Newton Leo Da Vinci ect. ect.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 06:30:11 pm by DarK. » Logged

*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #418 on: June 02, 2006, 07:36:21 pm »

I actually have that entire documentry from the discovery channel called the real Da Vinci code but havent had a chance to watch it yet but I know it features the co-author of "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" which is mentioned in the Da Vinci code and actually is a bestseller.

If you really want to be able to seperate fact from fiction read that book or "the woman with the alabastar jar" same subject but written by a former catholic who while trying to refute holy blood, holy grail actually found herself believing it

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #419 on: June 06, 2006, 02:14:54 pm »

Well i watched Three Kings last night... I had got the inpression previosuly that this was some stupid jumped up 'three gun toting nuts go steal gold in iraq" and i was very very surprised.

1. it wasn't, it was a decent enough film to sit down and watch

2. There are some great little one liners and jokes despite the un-comical settings! Cow explosions was a personal favorite.

3. Im becoming a bit of a fan of george clooney god damn it.. it was watching "O Brother where art though" that really did it heh.

4. I don't mind saying that ending brought tears to my eyes considering what has happened in Iraq.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads