*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 11:52:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  What movies have you seen recently?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What movies have you seen recently?  (Read 61252 times)
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #380 on: March 12, 2006, 08:23:40 pm »

I never saw "Ray" but I know that Walk the Line was inspired by Johnny Cash's Biography (autobiography?) and I loved the movie.  Wakeen (spelling?) Pheonix and Reese Witherspoon were so good together.  I loved this movie.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 06:41:16 am by DarK. » Logged

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #381 on: March 18, 2006, 05:35:09 pm »

We just watched the Constant Gardner last night, it was good but I'm still confused.

The way the filmed it was interesting and different though, and just watching these poor African children was enough to rip your heart out.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #382 on: March 18, 2006, 05:37:52 pm »

I personally found some of how it was shot really annoying, but some of it looked fantastic!
What confused you?    (the ending was pretty horrible, when you know what's going to happen and your just sitting waiting for the inevitable, horrible)

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #383 on: March 18, 2006, 06:33:45 pm »

Some of the characters I couldn't rememer the names of so alot of the dialogue about certain people I didn't know who they were talking about so alot of the storyline i missed because I didn't have a clue what they were talking about.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #384 on: March 18, 2006, 06:34:42 pm »

Ah yeah hehe, mate you should go and see Syriana if you really want to get confused Wink  My god my head hurt after that film.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #385 on: March 18, 2006, 06:36:13 pm »

I don't do well with names, hell I can hardly remember my own most of the time.

I think we're going to get Pride and Predjudice next, my gf has read the book and she really wants to see the movie now.

Spanke

« Reply #386 on: April 06, 2006, 10:55:40 pm »

past week = ////A Clockwork Orange //// Taxi Driver //// The Magnificent Seven ////
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #387 on: April 08, 2006, 05:23:23 pm »

We just watched "Memoirs of a Geisha" last night, it was very interesting and good.

(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #388 on: April 21, 2006, 10:32:06 pm »

Might be hard to find, but a Russian vampire Flick is making the rounds in Indie Theatres called Dark Watch (Nochnoi Dozor)..one of the most amazing and kickassingly different vampire movies ive ever seen..

http://www2.foxsearchlight.com/nwnd/

Go see that shit.

I discovered why the buddha laughs.
The truth is so horrifying, it's funny.
Ein

« Reply #389 on: April 22, 2006, 12:21:42 am »

Memoirs of a geisha had great cinemetography but the storyline is much better in the book.

A great movie I just watched last night is Memento. Watching a movie from the point of view of someone with short term amnesia is great.

Ein
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #390 on: April 23, 2006, 04:40:06 am »

Kalifornia with Dave Duchovney (sp?) and Brad Pitt crazy crazy crazy

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #391 on: April 23, 2006, 08:49:01 am »

Just got back from Lucky Number Slevin..
Great headfuck movie.

snappy writing, kickass cast.. hartnett (who can actually act..who knew?) Morgan Freeman, Kingsley, Lucy Liu, Stanly Tucci, and Bruce willis...

hot damn..
GREAT Ending!
spend the money..its ok.

I discovered why the buddha laughs.
The truth is so horrifying, it's funny.
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #392 on: April 25, 2006, 01:30:30 am »

Ya, I heard lucky number sleven is reallll good.

Just watched Donny Darko, old favorite.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #393 on: April 25, 2006, 03:38:13 am »

Movies you should see:
Brick: film noir-ish movie with the kid from third rock from the sun. His girlfriend goes missing, he has to find her etc. Really really good, snappy dialogue, nice cinamatography

Thank you for smoking: adman without morals+cigarettes+katie holmes+william h macy+aaron echeart+rob lowe=good funny movie

Inside Man: Denzel Washington, Clive Own, Jodie Foster. Spike Lee joint, funny, clever bank robbin movie. Clive Owen is fucking sweet

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #394 on: May 06, 2006, 06:49:25 pm »

We just watched The Chronicles of Narnia and I have to say I didn't like it much at all.  I felt it was a little too young feeling.  I mean you have thoes movies that are meant for children (Shrek 2, Finding Nemo, ect.) that you really enjoy nonetheless but this one I couldn't help making fun of it the whole time, I just found alot of the parts to be quite rediculous.

We also watched Brokeback Mountain and I was also disspointed in that.  It got great reviews I think mostly cause it was something different but I thought it had a really shitty plot and at the end of the movie I was thinking how pretty much nothing had happened.  I am not saying this because it was two gay guys, in fact that didn't bother me at all watching them make out or whatever.  I mean, it's weird but I wasn't covering my eyes. 

PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #395 on: May 06, 2006, 08:00:47 pm »

X-Men III
Mission Impossible 3
United 93

All are good movies in their own regard, I recommend them all - especially X3 when it hits wide release later this month.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #396 on: May 07, 2006, 07:54:39 am »

X-Men III
Mission Impossible 3
United 93

All are good movies in their own regard, I recommend them all - especially X3 when it hits wide release later this month.

I really thought United 93 was well done.  Havn't seen Mission Impossible 3 yet, but I'm gonna go soon just because of who the director is (J.J. Abrams created Alias).  I'm not a big fan of Tom Cruise though...but I gotta give it to him for having been married to Nicole Kidman for a while.[/size]  Wink

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
DAMN Bondo

« Reply #397 on: May 09, 2006, 08:25:08 am »

Well, I've been gone so long recently takes on different meaning...here are the best movies from last year that I've seen so far...still probably going to see a few more changes...I'll be seeing Munich in the next two days since it is coming out on DVD. I watch DVDs exclusively because Netflix is much cheaper than going to a theatre.

2005 Top 10
Brokeback Mountain
Sin City
The Constant Gardener
Kontroll
Crash
Match Point
Breakfast on Pluto
Hustle & Flow
The Matador
Hamburg Cell
DAMN Bondo

« Reply #398 on: May 14, 2006, 08:28:46 am »

Today I went to see Poseiden in the theatre (I only go when I'm with people and they seem to have bad taste so far this year). As could be expected, it is god awful.

Watched The Exorcism of Emily Rose on DVD, it is phenomenal. It isn't really a horror film at all. Instead it is a compelling courtroom drama about religion/spirituality that is effective.
jerkasaur

« Reply #399 on: May 14, 2006, 09:07:02 am »

I've actually heard that Flight 93 is absolutely excellent and I'd personally like to see it sometime soon.

MI III however is one big steaming pile of shit. You'd think it would be a halfway interesting and exciting action movie, but it by far has the least action of the entire series. Instead of impossible missions (and the action that goes with that), the movie instead focuses way too much time on a horribly acted and writen romance between Cruise and a Katie Homes look alike. I also wanted more Philip Semor Hofman (spelling). However the worst part was that they spent a significant amount of time setting up Cruise to infiltrate a weapons lab instead a skyscraper, yet omitting any footage from inside, aka 15 minutes setting up getting in, no time inside, oooh he's out and he's got the device.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads