*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:41:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132953 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  What movies have you seen recently?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What movies have you seen recently?  (Read 60789 times)
*DAMN Elandrion
Global Moderator
Forum Whore

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2005, 12:51:41 pm »

I've seen:
Collateral: nice, but sometimes unnecessarily brutal,
Oceans 12: didn't like that at all... very weird, and there is almost no coherent story for the last half hour,
Moulin Rouge: that was very funny. even her dying was funny...

We were soldies was very nice too, especially compared to Haunted Hill on the other Channel.

*DAMN Elandrion - another *DAMN Austrian!
Brutha
Forum Whore

Assumption is the brother of all fuck ups

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2005, 04:28:36 pm »

This is Spinal tap. It's a classic.

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2005, 08:23:49 pm »

"Welcome to collinwood", one of the best movies I've ever seen. Rent it, buy it, *cough* it..  It's worth it  Smiley

*DAMN Bondo
*DAMN

The Radical Moderate

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2005, 03:39:38 am »

Ive just got "Fargo" out on DVD to watch again... Its one of the Coen brothers best films if you ask me. If you've not seen anything by them, do so, really. please, they are bloody good Smiley

Fargo is no O Brother Where Art Thou. The Man Who Wasn't there was also better than Fargo IMO.

Saw In Good Company at the theatre today. It was pretty good...funny and touching, but had a few aspects at the end that I didn't like.
Cobra

Slap ma fro!

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2005, 04:05:17 am »

I recently purchased Garden State (which is excellent) and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (which is probably my favorite movie of 2004) on DVD, so I had the pleasure of watchin' those again.  I got Collateral for Christmas, which I thought was extremely well done — the characters' subtle quirks, honest psychological standoffs, and visceral intensity are just outstanding.

If you don't like the way I drive, get off the damn sidewalk!
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2005, 03:58:11 pm »

Fargo is no O Brother Where Art Thou. The Man Who Wasn't there was also better than Fargo IMO.

Saw In Good Company at the theatre today. It was pretty good...funny and touching, but had a few aspects at the end that I didn't like.

I beg to differ. Fargo and O Brother are very different films - both excellent in their own right. The man who wasn't there was good but how exactly would you say it was 'better' than Fargo? .. just curiouse Smiley

I sat through "the avengers" Last night... As a film student i think i can fairly say it was one of the worst bloody films ive seen in a long long time - massive budget, appauling script and a disasterouse performance from a cast that couldn't have been any more clinical and sterile. Its no wonder if flopped in the box office.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
*DAMN Bondo
*DAMN

The Radical Moderate

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2005, 05:13:49 pm »

I didn't like Fargo Wink Like a C movie (still better than Intolerable Cruelty though.)
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2005, 05:23:04 pm »

Bondo there is a cuppa tea, some biccys and a copy of Fargo on DVD at my house. Get your ass round here i can't have this Wink

... Next thing someone is going to tell me that they "didn't think much" of Mrs Smila's feeling for Snow
« Last Edit: January 16, 2005, 05:47:30 pm by :MoD: BFG » Logged

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2005, 06:00:48 pm »

I recently purchased Garden State (which is excellent) and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (which is probably my favorite movie of 2004) on DVD, so I had the pleasure of watchin' those again.  I got Collateral for Christmas, which I thought was extremely well done — the characters' subtle quirks, honest psychological standoffs, and visceral intensity are just outstanding.

I liked ESotSM(heh, hows that for an acronym) better than Garden State, although Garden State was excellent.

I saw The Life Aquatic in the theaters last night which I liked a lot. Wes Anderson puts together such electic casts, and his films are all so much different than the normal stuff that Hollywood puts out. Plus, Bill Murry is amazing.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Cobra

Slap ma fro!

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2005, 06:16:46 pm »

I liked ESotSM(heh, hows that for an acronym) better than Garden State, although Garden State was excellent.
Yeah, I agree  Smiley

I saw The Life Aquatic in the theaters last night which I liked a lot. Wes Anderson puts together such electic casts, and his films are all so much different than the normal stuff that Hollywood puts out. Plus, Bill Murry is amazing.
Yeah?  Very cool.  I haven't seen it yet, but since I first saw the trailer I was hoping this movie would turn out well.  I think most critics hated it, but I'll probably give it a chance, nonetheless.

If you don't like the way I drive, get off the damn sidewalk!
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2005, 06:24:31 pm »

I think the New Yorker liked it.

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2005, 10:44:20 pm »

Well my review for Oceans 12 follows:

If you have seen Oceans 11 you know how insanely confusing it is.  Any for those who enjoy the confusing (like myself) you will not be let down.  Also I think that you could see this movie without having seen the first one,  Here is the one peice of information you need,  Danny Ocean and his 10 co-conspirators stole 160 million (ish) from Terry Benedict, because Benedict stole Oceans wife away from him.  In the end Ocean gets the girl and the money.  I enjoyed the Julia Roberts playing herself (Especially enjoyed the frenchman telling her she looked nothing like her) and Bruce Willace (excuse my spelling) was an unexpected but funny cameo, might I add that Once again another movie has an incredibly hot girl in it (Catherine Zeta Jones, lucky michael douglous)  Anyway, I think that this was and is a very good movie and worth seeing, for the 30 minutes of no plot, maybe you are referring to benedict going to each of the 11 members?  See the first movie or read above.  That should explain why it had 30 minutes of no plot.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2005, 11:26:22 pm »

Has anyone seen Elektra yet?  I'm gonna go sometime this week when I get a chance since I'm a big Jennifer Garner fan.  Most of the reviews I've seen have been bad, but I never listen to reviews anyway...they usually don't see things the same way I do.[/size]

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2005, 12:14:53 am »

Dude, elektra doesn't even look good.

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Brutha
Forum Whore

Assumption is the brother of all fuck ups

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2005, 12:42:58 am »

Damnit, hollywood has to stop destroying my childhood heroes. They did it to Daredevil, and now they are  ruining Elektra!!!

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2005, 01:20:39 am »

Dude, elektra doesn't even look good.

Jennifer Garner doesn't look good???  What the fuck man, are you as gay as Flies?[/size]

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2005, 01:32:08 am »

Side note for GS: This isn't one of your trying to get banned things again is it?

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2005, 01:47:58 am »

Side note for GS: This isn't one of your trying to get banned things again is it?

No, not at all.  Why would they ban me?  Everyone knows Flies is gay, what's the big deal?[/size]

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2005, 01:52:56 am »

...that would explain his female icon...

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2005, 02:15:17 am »

True enough.
Garner is hot, Alias used to be such a good show. However, she doesn't make the movie. J Lo is hot, and she has been in a run of shitty movies. Speaking of shitty movies, I really want to seeConstantine.

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads