*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:42:39 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  What movies have you seen recently?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What movies have you seen recently?  (Read 61204 times)
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« on: January 12, 2005, 10:46:04 pm »

Watched the movie King Arthur last night.  The fight scenes are awesome in that movie, not to mention Keira Knightly is freaking HOT  Anyway I liked this movie it had a good plot even though it was a totally different version of King Arthur than I have ever read.    But It was quite good, Anyone else seen this movie?

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 10:53:46 pm »

I saw Meet the Fockers a couple nights ago and I thought it wasn't quite as good as the first one. It has its funny moments, but overall it's not as funny as Meet the Parents.

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 11:03:16 pm »

Watched the movie King Arthur last night.  The fight scenes are awesome in that movie, not to mention Keira Knightly is freaking HOT  Anyway I liked this movie it had a good plot even though it was a totally different version of King Arthur than I have ever read.    But It was quite good, Anyone else seen this movie?

I wasn't that impressed with King Arthur(Although Kiera Knightly is gorgeous). I've seen and liked Closer, Finding Neverland, The Incredibles, and Oceans 12(Although it wasn't as good as the first one. I also saw the Motorcycle Diaries, which I would really recomend.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 11:44:15 pm »

I took my 5-year-old daughter to see Polar Express the other day.  It was cute.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 11:52:29 pm »

yea, I saw Polar Express at the iMax theatre in 3D... any movie in tht theatre is amazing (iMax is at the Minnesota Zoo) I think it's like the 3rd largest movie screen in he world and one of the top sound systems.

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2005, 12:08:07 am »

I saw it at the iMax in boston. I think it being in 3D was the only redeeming feature. The kids looked very wooden, specially his friend on the train.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Ein

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2005, 12:21:54 am »

saw both polar express and the sponge bob movie... damn I like cartoons too much. Sad
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2005, 12:50:01 am »

I saw Meet the Fockers a couple nights ago and I thought it wasn't quite as good as the first one. It has its funny moments, but overall it's not as funny as Meet the Parents.

Yeah, I thought it was -almost- as good as the original. Seemed a bit shorter than the original though. Loved the scene with the cop towards the end. "STOP RESISTING!" ahhhhh that part killed me. Anyways. I'd recommend it, definitely worth seeing. While we're talking movies, who's stoked about the new Willy Wonka flick coming out this summer? Tim Burton's directing it, Johnny Depp is Willy Wonka. Gonna be sweet. Cheesy

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2005, 01:19:42 am »

Johnny Depp is such a good diverse actor, Edward Scissor hands... Pirates of the carribean, Secret Window, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory! Wow if thats not diverse then...   Anyway I loved Oceans 11 I wanna see oceans 12, think I will this weekend,  But I dont understand why they would ever give the money back, must have to see the money to understand...  Another movie I saw another time recently (no I have seen it before and yes it is older) is The Italian Job.  That is a good movie (with another hot girl Charlize Theron)

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
*DAMN Bondo
*DAMN

The Radical Moderate

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2005, 05:19:07 am »

I thought Meet The Fockers was better than Meet the Parents...I guess I identified with the humor better, I could see myself being like his father, a lawyer who becomes a househusband and such. Anyway, I saw that, Phantom of the Opera, and National Treasure over Christmas weekend.

On DVD lately I've seen Troy, Garden State (amazing, best movie last year that I've seen,) Manchurian Candidate, The Cooler.

I'll probably watch Silver City tomorrow, got that from Netflix today.

While Garden State moved to the top of my list, Phantom of the Opera is about third, I'd never seen it performed but the story is really amazing and I already figured I'd like the music since I like Andrew Lloyd Weber's Cats and Jesus Christ Superstar. Yes, I am big into musical theatre, and I'm secure in that  Grin
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2005, 05:40:17 am »

<Writes his netflix reveiw> I got King Arthur from Netflix and the next movie on my list is Man Of (or on) Fire (I think its of fire) anyway I hope this one is good, btw Natalie Portman is hot too, anyone know when the next Star wars is out, this summer isnt it?  Anyway I also saw national treasure, and since I doubt it came out in Europe (although Im probably horribly wrong) it is a movie about a guy who thinks that the forefathers Of the USA decided to hide all of the treasure from the egyptian temples, in america.  And they devised some clues ranging from an old pipe on a boat frozen in the artic circle, to a cypher on the back of the Declaration of Independence,  Pretty original storyline and is a cool movie for morons and history-buffs alike.  I liked the movie quite well.

*DAMN Bondo
*DAMN

The Radical Moderate

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2005, 05:07:04 pm »

Pretty original storyline and is a cool movie for morons and history-buffs alike.  I liked the movie quite well.

Haha, I liked the movie a good deal, but saying it has an original storyline is funny because it is a blatant rip-off of The Da Vinci Code. It is basically an Americanized version. Has most of the Dan Brown conventions though.

Yeah, the "final" Star Wars comes out in late May I think. Portman was never finer than in Garden State Wink
c| Lone-Wolf
Forum Whore

Frog blast the vent core!

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2005, 08:34:08 pm »

Yeah, the "final" Star Wars comes out in late May I think. Portman was never finer than in Garden State Wink

You know, only because it is a continuation of the Star Wars story, will i go see that movie.  I so desperately wish i didnt feel obligated to go see it, no matter how painful i know it is going to be. 
 wallbashing

Quote from: (SiX)Sheixhundt
Air is a mechanism of control.
and i reject it.

They cant hit me from all the way over the-
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2005, 08:40:41 pm »

who's stoked about the new Willy Wonka flick coming out this summer? Tim Burton's directing it, Johnny Depp is Willy Wonka. Gonna be swee

Friend of mine was down on the set about a month ago doing some filming next door... He stepped outside (covered in fake snow) for a break and guess who was stood right beside him? Yep Mr Depp in his tasty purple gown thingy... Said it was one of the most sureal moments he's ever had, stood head to toe in fake snow, talking to Mr Wonker/Depp

!! Mad eh gotta love it though  clapping hands

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2005, 10:45:38 pm »

Ok, Im gonna go see spanglish and Oceans 12 this weekend so I will have a review sunday night. Cool soon

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2005, 11:20:17 pm »

The last movie I have seen in the cinema was Oldboy. Damn this movie is extremely brutal, although you don't see that much blood. Much more violent than Kill Bill in my opinion. Also the story is so weird, but after looking closer at it they just have retold the story of Oedipus and another greek saga.

However the pictures this movie shows are so beautiful, every scene has its own still life.

Other movies I saw recently in TV was We were soldiers, quite nice movie, and The virgin suicides, weird one,but also very nice.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2005, 12:48:25 am »

The virgin suicides,

Yeah thats a weird one and no mistake... You know its based on a true story?

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2005, 01:28:27 am »

Yes I think they have even said it at the end of the movie. Sad, sad,...

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
*DAMN Bondo
*DAMN

The Radical Moderate

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2005, 02:44:15 am »

I really liked Silver City but I wonder if it is a movie that Coloradans would enjoy more than anyone else. I mean, I assume people across the country and indeed the world can go in for the parody of sorts of Bush/Rove/Republican Party. But there is so much in Silver City that is specifically Colorado. Aside from shooting the movie in Denver and the mining city of Leadville, the writer/director really did a good job researching Coloradan political issues: environmental degredation due to mining, illegal immigration, water rights, etc. I just ate it up because it was so local.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2005, 11:02:07 am »

Ive just got "Fargo" out on DVD to watch again... Its one of the Coen brothers best films if you ask me. If you've not seen anything by them, do so, really. please, they are bloody good Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads