*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:57:03 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: How did the used challenge system work out?  (Read 2482 times)
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« on: August 22, 2006, 03:43:52 pm »

I would like to know from you, how did the challenge system work out for you last season?

Did it work easy enough? Did you have problems with your challenges and scheduled cbs? Do you think it should be used in an improved automated version next season?

Please answer, so we can improve the system for the *DBL 2.0 launch.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
[a] LYNX

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 08:20:11 pm »

better than thought. tho in the first weeks i think noone got it that you can cb each clan only twice, the challenges helped to get a cb scheduled at all. i would like it if it gets its own place in the forum if its reused.

[a] LYNX
[a] ferret

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 01:41:28 am »

i enjoyed the fact that you can hold someone to their word.some clans enjoy making life difficult and never can understand how to hop in a CB and get it started.. so this method helps out the more eager clans to get them up to pace.

~Po~ TiroFino

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 02:59:03 am »

Liked it! Very good for accountability.

"Ask not what your Mac can do for you, but what you can do for your Mac"
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 04:05:28 am »

I would suggest more strict rules to make sure clans meet their obligated player count as short handed or forcing a clan to downsize seems like a underhanded problem. I do think it was a success in the big picture though.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
:V: Stripes

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 12:20:46 pm »

I like the idea about scheduled CB's, that you actually HAVE to cb.
Personally i don't believe in this system though, clans out there aint organized enough and a lot of the clans
doesn't check the *DBL Forum daily and aint able to check their Challenges. Look at [TRIBE], DrK, -aP-.
(DrK)* is alot on gameranger and plays Raven shield alot, i just never see one of their members check the challenges, theres Ein who did it in the start of the season but began to lose it at the end.

I don't wanna drag into internal clan stuff, maybe they decided to NOT give a fuck.
But if we use this system there must be another way to check your challenges, cause people don't bother to check the challenges via DBL Forums, and suddenly ooops - u miss a challenge and get kicked out of the league.

Regards,
Stripes
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 12:04:27 pm by ViRuS - Stripes » Logged

--------------------------------
Stripes (ViRuS Clan Predator)
stripes@virus-clan.com
GeT iNfEcTeD!!!
http://www.virus-clan.com
http://www.virus-clan.org
http://www.team-virus.org
Ein

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 10:57:41 pm »

I agree with stripes. Like he said, sometimes peopleb just aren't able to make it onto the forums on a daily basis. I was one of the few from my clan who actually checked the challenges. And it is true DrK didn't answer 2 challenges near the end of the season but we had our reason for those.

If it does become automated, I'd suggest emailing the clanleader of both clans when a challenge is issued. This gives the clan who made the challenge a confitmation it had been se. It also gives the clan being challenged a heads up that they have actually been challenged.

It doesn't help to email clan leaders once the challenge post has been missed and wp have been given. By then it is too late. Let the clan leaders know in advance.

Ein
:V: Stripes

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2006, 11:02:19 pm »

You could maybe put up some *DBL Leader eMails?
I don't know if the *DAMN eMails are working like "alias eMails"?

In ViRuS we all have our own eMails like ' name@virus-clan.com we use the application called 'MAIL' that you get with  your OSX. SGT Hartmann drives his own server and is gave the whole clan an invidual eMail acces.

Example: AGC@damnr6.com - then when a Challenge appears a ' BOT ' or a forward eMail could be sent to that adress.

I hope you get my idea?

Regards,
Stripes

----EDIT----

Mauti: Do you have any idea of when the next season will start?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 11:06:29 pm by ViRuS - Stripes » Logged

Stripes (ViRuS Clan Predator)
stripes@virus-clan.com
GeT iNfEcTeD!!!
http://www.virus-clan.com
http://www.virus-clan.org
http://www.team-virus.org
Monoman
BL Staff

Oh Canada!!

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2006, 12:45:13 am »

Just use the Notify button on the forum. Since the challenge board is separate you would only be notified when something has been posted there.

Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter.  -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
Ein

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2006, 01:09:19 am »

The bad thing about using the notify option is that you will receive an email no matter who posts meaning if clan a challenges clan b, then clan c will receive an email to check forums when there's nothing that applies to them there. The same would happen to clan d-z.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2006, 11:05:19 am »

For the *DBL 2.0 the challenge system will be totally integrated into the system and you will only be notified if you, or your clan receives a challenge.

Also the selection process of selecting dates and times will be automated.

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads