*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:21:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132953 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip
| | |-+  Tech Talk (Moderators: *DAMN Hazard, Civrock, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | | |-+  iPhone, Please be true
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: iPhone, Please be true  (Read 9729 times)
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2007, 10:52:37 pm »

Well it ain't cheap mate but by god does that look like one 'i shit allover blackburry' phone! Its god damn sexy! love the google integration, love the design, love it long time! Cheesy

can't justify spending that ammount of money though, not that i'd have the option to till the end of the year.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2007, 07:06:21 am »

Based on a sample size of three nerds, I think that the tipping point for wide acceptance of the iPhone is going to come when they offer a 20 GB model.

The BlackBerry crossover market is going to be jumping, methinks, but the iPod+cell phone crossover market won't be brisk until the capacity increases to be on par with an iPod. 8GB isn't much when you're thinking programs + music + video, after all.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2007, 10:42:30 am »

Yep, as much as steve was selling the 'all your music, tv shows, films, photos etc how on earth is anyone going to fit it all on 4GB? i imagine the 'inteligent filling' (like ipod shuffle) is one method but its still damn nice Smiley

However, considering it was MAC world expo im damn disapointed by the lack of mac announcments. they didn't even update anything and just sneakily update it on the website. i didn't want to have to wait another couple of months!!

PUNiSHER™

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2007, 12:59:15 pm »

Its nice to see Apple is advertising this damn thing all over their website when its not even going to be available for another 5 months!!!

I can see this selling out like the PS3's with people lining up outside stores just to get one.  Ebay will probably have them going for $2,000.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2007, 04:20:02 pm »

Im tempted to open a betting book on how long it is we see one of the Phone companys releasing a cheap 'not half as good' rip off? 3 months maybe 4? Wink

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2007, 05:06:44 pm »

I actually laughed out loud when i saw this!! Cheesy

Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2007, 08:28:24 pm »

Punisher, I just don't think they're going to be that popular. If I understand correctly, they interoperate with BlackBerrys, and so I'm betting they're going to be huge in the business world. But outside of the people making $150K/annum, I don't think the iPhone is going to be that hot. I think the demand among the general public will swell dramatically once the price/storage ratio gets better. After all, 8 GB of storage is minuscule when you're looking at the iPhone as "an iPod that makes calls", which is what it is to most people. As I previously said, I think the tipping point is going to be when Apple releases a 20 GB model.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads