*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:34:33 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132953 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Repost: only 2 cb's allowed per clan?!?  (Read 1808 times)
Ein

« on: July 24, 2006, 07:29:03 pm »

First off, I'd like to appologize to Mysterio for my strong words. You were the only RvS admin on when I found out about this rule and unfortunately you got the brunt of my initial reaction.

Now on to my point: Only 2 cb's per clan?!?!?

I understood why this rule would be made for last season when we had scheduled CBs and 1 was scheduled by the league and the other was set by clans. I thought however, that this limit would be lifted as it was before last season when clans were allowed to find their own cb's (again like the season before last).

Here it is, the season is only half over and V as well as DrK are almost completely finished with their allowed cb's. V has played 10 cb's I believe. Total they can play with the number if active clans is 14. So they can only play 3-4 more cb's all season. No wonder they want to go inactive. Even if the clans who they've been trying to cb with challenged them(which seems unlikely) and those challenges went unanswered by them, they are almost stil in the clear from being dropped from the league because they don't have enough cb's left to get dropped for.

DrK have played 8 cb's and it would have been 9 if we accepted KoS's challenge. That leaves only 5 more cb's for us left to play.

Now the clans that both DrK and V have left to cb are hard to get cb's with(excluding KoS, don't worry guys, were coming for you soon). DrK has tried challenging but the challenge was ignored. If we keep challenging and being ignored, the clans we challenge will be dropped from the season. We don't want that because it means even less possible cb's so we've decided not to attempt more challenges. We just look for cb's in GR.

Clans in the RvS ladder all seem to be somewhat active but were running out of clans to CB, which is all we want to do, win or lose.

As I said, I talked to Myst, and he informed me that if we didn't like this rule we should have mentioned it before the season. He's right, we should have... But like I said, we were under the impression that we could cb more since we were not doing scheduled ones this season.

We don't want a rule change mid season but DrK would like the administration to consider raising the CB amount limit to anywhere between 3-5 cb's per clan for next season. That would give clans like DrK or V 7-21 more chances to cb in a season, which I'm sure both clans would be up for. I have actually spoken with members of V and KoS and both seemed in favor of this limit increase.

We want the league to be active as I'm sure everyone does but we can't contribute to the league activity if we max out on CBs like what is happening this season.

Ein
PUNiSHER™

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 11:15:59 pm »

I like the rule of limiting the CB's to 2.  If this rule wasn't in place there would be clans that would CB as much as possible making it really difficult for the other clans to catch them in the standings.  Not every clan has the time to come on each day and CB like crazy.  Another good thing about the rule is that every clan can only play the same # of CB's, we dont have one clan that plays 10 CBs and one clan that plays 40.

Clans like :V: are almost completely finished with their allowed CB's because they probably play an average of 1 CB every other day.  Like I mentioned before some people CB like crazy and playing games is their life.  If you made the max # of CB's per clan to 5 don't you think they would take advantage of that. 

The last thing we all want to see is clans being able to pick and choose who they want to CB, just imagine one clan constantly CB-ing a noob clan over and over just to get more points.  Would you like to see a clan that CB's the noob clans 5 times and then only CB's the good clans once?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 11:38:06 pm by PUNiSHER™ » Logged

Ein

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 12:07:29 am »

Well, 5 cbs was the most I suggested but I also suggested 3 which is only 1 more cb per clan but results in being able to play 7 more cb's in a season considering that the season has the same ammount of active clans as this one. 7 cbs more would be a welcome change.

This would also allow clans to pick up extra points if needed. For instance, under the current rules, there is no way for DrK to win the ladder even if we finish all our CBs. V's win ratio is too high and since were limited in cb's, there is no way for us to make up the points   (which other clans, not drk, would look at as why try then).

If your clan cannot cb that much, maybe they should look into getting more members or members in different time zones so that they would have a better spread of when they would be available. For instance, DrK is composed of both euro and US players which has worked to our advantage because we have people to cb both euro and US clans durring peak hours for each area. This also helps with lag due to geographic location.

As far as picking and chosing clans to cb, the challenge system prevents that. If a clan ignores 3 cb requests in the season, they're dropped from the ladder which makes it hard to pick not to cb another clan.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 12:15:22 am by Ein » Logged
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 11:31:17 pm »

He Ein,

you are completely right what you post and that the limit is too low for this season. Unfortunaly I took the limit from the last season where it was approriate due the complete set schedules.

However for the *DBL 2.0 you don't have to fear any low limits like this. For ladders with the advanced scoring there will be a reasonable limit where every clan has the chance to cb all clans within the season(like it is now), but the limit will be chosen automatically in relation to the participating amount of clans. So you get at least between 20 - 30 cbs per season per Advanced ladder.

Good night,

Mauti
ps: sorry for the late answer. Your opinion is important to us, but I'm busy with the *DBL 2.0 and the admins have also discussed a few things internaly.

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
:V: Stripes

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 12:16:50 am »

Very good points punisher  Wink

As punisher is pointing out, with this rule you have to win your CB's, and that's what i like about it - that u can't just CB anyone and just take it as it goes, you have to do a great job from the start of the season to the end of it.

2 CB's per clan is just not enough, the problems was we got done with our CB's too fast and found no point in playing anymore.

2 CB's per clan would have worked if the Season wouldn't last that long, if next season is gonna last as long then you might wanna put up the amount of CB's u can do per clan.

Im looking forward for DBL 2.0 Mauti,
do you have any idea when it will be out?

Regards,
Stripes
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 12:18:40 am by ViRuS - Stripes » Logged

--------------------------------
Stripes (ViRuS Clan Predator)
stripes@virus-clan.com
GeT iNfEcTeD!!!
http://www.virus-clan.com
http://www.virus-clan.org
http://www.team-virus.org
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 12:24:30 am »

The limit always depends on how many clans participate: so an amount of 20 - 30 cbs be divided through the participating clans. Right now you have a limit of 12cbs throughout 60 season days, which is too less. In the future I gonna try to keep a level of doable 20 - 30 cbs per ladder.(for ladders with the advanced scoring system - the Elo ladders don't have any limits right now).

I still have a lot of different ideas in my mind.

Should be done until end of september/early october. Right now there is still a lot of things to do...

Good night,

Mauti
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 12:28:07 am by *DAMN Mauti » Logged

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Ein

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2006, 02:01:02 am »

Mauti, thanks for thr response. I don't mind the delay. A lot has been happening with finals and the problem dropbox. Its good to know people are listening anyways. Thanks.

@ Stripes - Punisher seems to be in favor of the 2 cb per clan only rule. How do you agree with him but think the cb limit should be incrreased? Sorry. You just confused me with your post.

Ein
:V: Stripes

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2006, 02:53:10 pm »

It's easy, i bet Punisher wants more CB's  if i know him right and thats what i posted out for.

But in the same time i'm saying, that 2 CB's each clan just isn't enough..

- The point is i like this system that u cant just CB the same clan so many times, but in my opinion 2 CB's would work if the season would last like max 20-30 days, if the CB is longer i would prefer taking it up to 5-6.
All depends on how long the season is.. I think we don't need to discuss this anyway, it seems Mauti has everything planned and know what the next will bring us as we can read in his earlier post.

So let's just be patient and try what will be held for next season.

If you don't understand my points, i'd be more than glad than try to pointing them out specially for you  Beer

Remember English aint my native language, so take it easy on me ;-)..

Regards,
Stripes
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 05:40:21 pm by ViRuS - Stripes » Logged

Stripes (ViRuS Clan Predator)
stripes@virus-clan.com
GeT iNfEcTeD!!!
http://www.virus-clan.com
http://www.virus-clan.org
http://www.team-virus.org
Pages: [1]   Go Up