*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:08:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Protesting guest choosing map & color  (Read 3898 times)
P.D.A_Konig

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2002, 04:25:39 pm »

Well thanks for starting the mudslinging Eur. But since it's all about finding a way, like Bondo said, I will explain my actions and pose a few questions.

Firstly we made one or two mentions of lag, then we dropped the issue. If you want to make a big issue of it, you can go right ahead, otherwise if you'd like to be reasonable and realize that mentioning it once really isn't bitching and moaning, I'd be happy.

Secondly, you were camping too, this is why we started camping. Since it was not safe to get out of the hangar (we only did this when you started in the building the only time you didn't start in the building we got out without a problem, we really aren't total dumbasses) Besides even Bondo suggested this, it can't be that bad an idea.

Thirdly, the only reason I brought up the fact that we were outnumbered was to illustrate the fact that we did kick your asses even with your numerical superiority. I can't vouch for my other members, they had to leave, so we played handicapped, we did the same to you, and besides I'm not bitching and moaning about it, like I said, I was just illustrating my point that we could win (not by camping) even when outnumbered.

4th, if you decided to choose air just to show us up, well thank you for being pricks. If you can't be accomodating for 30 min, I think you don't have much in the way of a spine. It's called sportsmanship; we asked you to hurry up, you took your time, we asked a little more to spur you on, then you decided we needed to be shown a lesson. That's real gentlemanly guys, way to go.

5th, Grifter, I'm not saying that we have to disallow certain maps because one team has a slight advantage, but when blue starts in the building and gold in the hangar, gold doesn't have much of a chance if blue utilizes both windows and the door, which is the way to play the map and is only fair in context, but if you really want a true test of skills, it's not really anything much. Think of what nighthawk said, every time we could just switch back and forth between blue airport on each other's host, which kind of destroys the point of Battle League.

and Eur, PDA gladly accepts the challenge.

K?nig
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged

For the educated: Laudatur ab his, culpatur ab illis. - Horace
Bondo
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2002, 04:57:56 pm »

Well, I personally find people shooting out of those windows as extremely cheap as they get that whole sticking out of the window not being able to be hit thing.  It is a visual bug and when they can't be hit, neither can you, but you tend to waste bullets firing at them to no avail.  Just like we don't allow blue dooring on CSL I could see us saying that shooting from the windows is unfair due to the bug but the starting spots themselves aren't the problem.  I have no problems getting out before they get to the door or window.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2002, 05:06:32 pm »

Lol thats the only thing I can say. As Stevie mentioned it was never a problem on which side you are to win. There are many different tactics on each starting point.

There won't be a rule change or something else(map resistrictions, bah you are kidding)

To discuss this point is ridiculous. Sorry guys practice more and you will see that there is a possibility to win.

Greetz,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads