*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:59:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Reason we need a challenge feature...  (Read 3194 times)
Grifter
God bless the freaks

Detroit, where the weak are killed and eaten

« on: June 05, 2002, 12:42:03 am »

Ok, since I'm the big fan of the "challenge rule" I figured I'd start a thread about it.  Every time a clan refuses a CB with us, I'll post it and the reason given.  I know that there are valid reasons, and this is not meant to rag on any one clan (as with SWAT, we heard many, many excuses).  I'll also post any challenges we turn down, just as contrast.  I know that it has been a problem in the past for some clans to get CB's, and I lived through it firsthand... and if I'm wrong, this thread will show that too.

So, to start it off...

6/1/02  AK

Typhy wanted to set up a CB with SECT... Rapid was not to be found, Typhy left GR without answering me.

6/3/02  AK

Rapid repeatedly kicks me and Oso from his game and leaves GR without responding to our challenge for a CB at all (his only words were that he forgot i wasn't on ignore).  He and another AK (with the large AK that he said to look for) were on and playing.

6/4/02  TAP

Asked TAP Yoda for a CB (they had 3 on, we had 3 on).  He said he was playing like shit and maybe tomorrow.  (he was very nice about it though)

That's it so far... 3 for 3 in the turn downs, and the new BL is only 4 days old.  I'm flexable, we can set them up or do them at the drop of the hat... what I don't get is why clans don't want to CB.  I mean, that's what clans are all about to me.  Oh well... more to come I'm sure.

BTW, the reason I'm posting this under the BL is because it's directly related to a rule that was shot down about challenges.  So please lets start no flame wars here, just leave that for the General Gossip forum.  This is just to show numbers and reasons or excuses (whichever the case may be), not to pass judgement on any one or two clans.
[/color]
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged

"...to the last, I grapple with thee; from Hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."
Bondo
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2002, 01:07:46 am »

I think it is safe to say that a challange system is in the works, but it will take some time to iron out all the details.
Grifter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2002, 01:19:51 am »

I thought that was a safe bet two months ago too... but it got canned for some reason (of which I'm not clear on).  So, until I hear it as being a done deal, I'll keep this going.

"...to the last, I grapple with thee; from Hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."
AK_Rap1d
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2002, 11:53:12 am »

STFU you fucken Drama Queen!

Friday Night was Lakers Night you idiot!

Saturday I waited for your dumbass all morning and all the way to 3:00 PM and you never showed.

Sunday was Lakers Party and they won and we celebrated into the night! ? WOOOT FOR THE LAKERS!!!

So Grifter, STFU with all your drama. ?People can't CB when YOU Say so, BIG FUCKEN DEAL! ?Some of us actually have LIFES OUTSIDE OF GR, *DAMN, and RS, so stop being such a whining lil bitch that cries when you don't get your way. ?(I bet lil "grifter" is going to be one pain in the ass spoiled rotten child when it pops out)

Just stop all your nonsense crap. ?CB's are to be done by 2 teams when they both are available and willing. ?If they can't, they can't. ?Your bitching about it will do nothing more than show us how much of a drama queen you are. ?There are rules about CB'ing all clans in the ladder, so you can count on those clans that didn't CB you when you asked, to be CB'ing you later. ?Otherwise they get penalized. ?So in the meantime do yourself, us, and your wife a favor and stop posting such drama in here to stir shit up for no reason. ?

BTW, I will continue to kick you out of my room, and LMAO with you lying about me kicking Oso out when he never even came in! ?Fucken lying ass bitch... ?I did kick you out of my room on Monday cuz you decided to be such a flaming faggot and I will continue to treat you like that until you fucken change, you 2 year old girl! ?I was playing with an old member of |?K| that hadn't been on for like 3 months since he got his DSL disconnected, and we were training and touching base and testing his new 56k connection and you come wandering in to act like a flamming faggot. We got no room for that, so go somewhere else with that crap. ?Not in my games. ?Also, we're not even signed up for the new BL yet, cuz we're simply not fucken ready you rocket scientist if you didn't notice yet! ?I been having to work a lot lately and haven't got a chance to kick it with my team or play as much RS Sad Anyways, good ol' drama queen grifter will always be just that... How fucken funny...

(I expect more drama from this queen of the forums after this post)Roll Eyes
*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Forum Whore

fear my suck!

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2002, 01:49:28 pm »

weee! time for my try to find a CB log:

5/31/02 SW
Actually started the CB 3v3, lag was too horrendus and one player had to go anyways, so dropped to 2v2. Played four games, then with teh score at 4-0 one of them said they had to go, something about being in trouble, and we'll finish later. still waiting.....

6/2/02 FO?CE
Sadly, Gorf's partner left the moment i asked.

6/2/02 AgT
I don't remember the exact reason, but i remember they said "Tomorrow"

6/2/02 KoS
Ultimo wasn't on, so it couldn't be official.

6/2/02 ?(unt?
Was gonna happen, just waiting for brig to get off the phone, then jeb, pat, and crom came on, and jeb said they were all too drunk to CB, or they were just playin' bad.

6/2/02 Everyone else on gameranger at the time, between 6-10 PM pst

in all, on 6/2 we asked like 7 clans for a CB, and all got turned down for one reason or another, mostly saying "tomorrow". some had good reasons, but others *cough*(unt*cough* didn't . But after all that, i'm still not in support of a challenge system.

Why? Mainly because my "real" life is incredibly random, with friends calling or calling friends at random, and having no plans set in stone but usually doing stuff. If there's a scheduled CB and a friend calls, i'm not gonna stick around for the CB, i'm gonna take off. I rarely have anything i'm gonna do planned more than 30 minutes in advance. And while other *NADS could do the CB, many aren't on much, and I like to be there for it, as any leader does.

*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Leader, Founder, Ownage incarnate
Clan *NADS
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2002, 03:19:19 pm »

i think rapid just made the perfect case for the challenge rule.

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
Grifter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2002, 06:22:04 pm »

Yes Brain, especially since 1) They suggested it in the first place and then wouldn't even discuss it on GR (accuse me of being a drama queen all you like, if you didn't hear a word, it's all just a made up lie). and 2) Typhy really wanted to do it on Friday night before he blew town.... which I came on after getting home from the Wings game to try and accomidate Typhy.

But, like I said, I'm not going to argue this crap here, or it will lose it's point.  Rapid didn't want to read the part about this not being directed at clans, but just a listing of frequency and reason/excuse, to base a new rule upon.  So he can post what he wants, and I'd ask the moderators to clean it up if he goes off topic again, or if I did... as I want thist to be about why there's a challenge rule needed, not a flame war.

Anarchy, the reason I disagree with you has nothing to do with the reasons you gave... but in SWAT, we had to beg people every day to CB us, and the answer was NO 49 times out of 50.  We would ask clans to CB most nights, but many clans just figured they'd lose so why bother with the CB (an attitude that I just don't understand... better to CB and lose then not CB in my opinion... it's what I thought clans were all about).  

Bondo
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2002, 06:49:07 pm »

Well, regardless of whether Rapid is dodging or not, you do play act like a drama queen.  With as often as your accusations come it is like you are crying wolf and so people will stop taking interest in what you have to say about Rapid (or me) because you constatly are saying negative things, most of which are pointless.
Grifter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2002, 07:05:21 pm »

Not my fault he dodges that much, and way to keep it on topic Bondo... nice work.

Bondo
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2002, 08:49:11 pm »

Fine, I'll be on topic.  Having a challenge system wouldn't have helped you as AK isn't on the ladder and so you couldn't have CBed them anyway.
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2002, 10:50:56 pm »

but in SWAT, we had to beg people every day to CB us, and the answer was NO 49 times out of 50. ?We would ask clans to CB most nights, but many clans just figured they'd lose so why bother with the CB (an attitude that I just don't understand... better to CB and lose then not CB in my opinion... it's what I thought clans were all about). ?

hehe, i guess i can let you in on the joke now grifter,
TAF was founded with the sole purpose of giving swat it's first loss, if you would have asked, we would have played you for 8 hours straight, just to TRY and win one cb against you. unfortunatly, the best laid plans of mice and men...

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
Grifter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2002, 06:31:47 am »

Bondo, I know you and Retardo have a hard time understanding this... but my post isn't directed at AK... This problem has been around long before they were even a clan.  They are just one good example of it (and yes, I was wrong for assuming they were on the ladder when they attempted to schedule one with us... my bad there).

The point is that too many clans (notice that it is plural please) turn down other clans... how many times do I have to say it?

Brain, too bad that never came off... I would have been in for that.  But there is always the here and now.... hint hint.

Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2002, 12:58:57 pm »

Brain, too bad that never came off... I would have been in for that. ?But there is always the here and now.... hint hint.

yea, too bad
i'll see if i can drag my lazy ass into gr one of these nights, and i'll see if i can grab a few guys, you see if you can find a few old swat buddies, and we can prove that you would have schooled us. the biggest problem is that i have to help my parents run the family buisness from 4:30 to 9:00 mon-fri
i'm not doging(taf isnt on the ladder, so it would be just for fun) it is just a serious timing issue(i might be able to squeeze out for a tuesday or thursday to play) remember that is in central time too so we might be able to pull one off later at night

unfortunatly, the best laid plans of mice and men...

also methinks you missed this little joke

Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2002, 02:04:04 pm »

Grift. Tap Will i guess but, we are not that good....
And We may Turn down cb's if we are Trying to get new members or one of us is playing terrable but as soon as possible i will Cb you grift.

Ps. Can you get back to me on that e-mail?

The marines are so good they took a jeep into some Iraq village trying to get ambushed, they refueled 6 times and did everything they could to get ambushed. and didn't!
Then the same people take in a army jeep and try not to get ambushed and they do. but the marines kill them all and go home.
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2002, 11:19:42 am »

6/2/02 AgT
I don't remember the exact reason, but i remember they said "Tomorrow"

If memory servers me right Anarc. I was there the next day to cb but I had no AgT members on. I give all my members free access to cb who they want. The problem is that when i 1st log on to gr I get hit by all clans to cb and sometimes all i want to do is just play. Can you understand that? If you want to request a formal cb, u can email me anytime and i will email you back with when i can be on.  Grin

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
Grifter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2002, 01:53:47 pm »

6/8/02 ?TASK
Kilzo challenged us to a CB.... but for the next 3 hours, I was the only SECT online (then I left).... ?too bad, but that's a step in the right direction.

Yes, I'll be putting in any we turn down.... even if it's just because nobody was on.  All in the interest of complete stats.

Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2002, 10:21:47 pm »

Well, I'd like to cb, but I have finals from June 10th until June 14th. After that I'll take on anyone!

Embarrassed ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Roll Eyes?

(Oh and I was thinking, maybe I'll challenge SECT to a cb when I know there's only one person on, just to tell people, "SECT turned down a cb against us")  Grin

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
Grifter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2002, 05:10:31 pm »

6/11/02
After getting truned down twice last night (can't remember who... sorry, I was writing a paper) NADS accepted and we got a CB off.

This season is looking up!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads