*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:16:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: clans joining then disbanding! i have a problem  (Read 3400 times)
Cow

The better you are the luckier you get

« on: June 17, 2002, 12:03:45 am »

with the new season i do not think it is fair if clans join during the season then win one game and disband the next day. ?For example we CBed SX which beat us in OT by 1 it was an awesome CB but this clan joined during the season then disbanded the next day! How is that to work? ?So any clan can be formed and attack a certain group to make sure they do worse? SX had no intention of doing this but it is possible and is a loop hole in BL right now. ?
? ? ? ? ? Their should be a rule if a clan joins during the season (NOT the begining) that the clan must be active for a certain amount of time or play a certain amount of games against different teams for their CBs to count to prevent "phony" clans being made to attack teams. ?For example if a clan was formed just to beat AgT and drop them to a lower ladder rank then disband the next day. ?That is unfair and this should be taken care of. ? I think that our loss against SX should be removed because of the reasons above. ?I am not bitching about our loss because the CB was amazing, but this should be looked at.
Bondo
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2002, 01:08:51 am »

Actually Cow, I was talking to Gorf and he specifically requested that we not count the CB.  I don't think he intended to have the clan last such a short time, but that is the state of RS.  I am personally more than just a little distressed at clans constantly joining or dropping as well as changing names, and also about players constantly switching clans.  Anyway, we'll look into the SX SECT thing.  About not allowing new clans to join, I think we may restrict that after a month or something, but seeing as some haven't even signed up yet we need to allow some time.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged
Bondo
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2002, 04:39:27 am »

The ruling of the admins is that the CB will count.  It was played within the rules and can't be withdrawn after the fact.  Yes it stinks that SX went away so fast but it isn't like your example where you would beat a clan with a different clan as the players of SX weren't associated with any clan so they aren't helping anyone directly with this.
Grifter
God bless the freaks

Detroit, where the weak are killed and eaten

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2002, 08:56:09 am »

I agree that the CB should count... we lost fair and square in a great CB.

But to chime in on the other side of this discussion, since the BL is only a 3 month Season, we may want to do something with rosters.  I'm just brainstorming here, so don't take this too literal... but what if each clan that joined the BL had to submit a list of it's players.  Once the BL has started, players that played for one clan, cannot CB for another.  Kinda like the trade deadline in many sports... only this covers the 3 month season.  

The two thing this could do is 1) Motivate clans and leaders to keep the clans going.  If they can't CB for the rest of the season, they may want to finish out the season with that clan...  and 2) It keeps the funny stuff out of the BL... where a really good member leaving to join another clan can swing things.

This also wouldn't limit clans from picking up so called "free agents" that weren't in clans... or even picking up guys from clans that they left or that broke up (these just couldn't CB).

Like I said, just an idea I made up just now... so tear it apart and let me know what you think...

"...to the last, I grapple with thee; from Hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."
Bondo
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2002, 10:00:00 am »

I wouldn't be completely averse to that, in fact it could be helpful, but it would take a considerable amount of work to keep track of.  Either way, it won't be used this season, will be considered for next I suppose.
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2002, 04:22:08 pm »

yes, the work load would be a problem, but other than that, i dont  think that it is a bad idea

one issue that may crop up is ppl who are picked up (free agents according to grift) would need to be reported to the bl somehow (manditory weekly roster submissions mb, or the roster could be submitted with every cb) and what happens if these 'free agents' join a clan, decide they dont like it, and leave before their name is submitted?

just possible issues that we should look at
p.s. i would favor the weekly name submissons, just so the new ppl have a chance to decide if they like the clan or not. that way, if they leave before the week is up thay are not on the roster
if they participate in a cb then thay are stuck with that clan till the season changes

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
Bondo
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2002, 07:01:52 pm »

I wouldn't think that weekly roster changes would be needed, once they are on the clan, they couldn't leave (or at least join a different one).  Basically what would happen with the free agents is that when they signed the clan leader would inform us and then we'd make sure the player confirms it, then he would be added and would be stuck on the roster.
Cow

The better you are the luckier you get

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2002, 11:22:44 am »

this problem ever going to get fixed? Clans joining then disbanning the next day?
?(uNt?YodaTi.Hfa

Flames not a noob but he sucks.

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2002, 05:03:30 pm »

If it is fixed in the way you propose it be everything should be fine all the clans that CB anyway are the usual ones (KoS, AK, +Stfu+ ect.) it shouldnt efect the battle league in anyway that could be harmful.

"Friends, respect yourselves as men, respect each other in the moil of battle! Men with a sense of shame survive more often then they perish. Those who [flee] have neither fighting power nor any honor."        -Argives; Homer's Iliad
Bondo
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2002, 06:00:44 pm »

There is work underway on a script that will sort this out...but it will take time and probably won't be ready for the next season.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads