*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 12:47:01 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: IP joining for CB games  (Read 7042 times)
WeedWacker

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2006, 05:05:03 am »

I thin kwe need to collectively tell Evill to fricking fix his fricking piece of gnarl program.  If Adobe or Apple released such an unusable update I guarantee they'd either roll back to known working/good version or fix it ASAP.

Evill  Sniper

WeedWacker's guarantee:  "if I don't kill you within 3 shots, the next one's free."
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2006, 05:28:26 am »

Though I have lots of respect for Evill, I have to agree to a point... a lot of us pay for GameRanger, why not just move it back to the working version until the current one is fixed?

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
cO.twist

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2006, 07:03:49 am »

There should be a set rule that each clan can choose its own method of hosting for CB's.  So if clans agree on a split host for a CB, the clan that wants to use GameRanger for their hosting can use that while the clan that wants to use IP joining can use that when its their turn to host. 

It's ridiculous to force us to play on LagRanger just because the opposing clan prefers it, half the kills in the CB will probably be the result of lag.

don't overlook punisher's post.  This really should be a set rule.  (or at least a temporary rule while they are fixing the GR issues).  On a split host, the clan has the option of hosting through gameranger, or via ip.  If a clan is paranoid about playing through ip (which i don't understand why...what difference does it make?)..then ask for ss's.  Its not like you cant do a cheat test on an ip host.
~Po~ TiroFino

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2006, 08:25:38 pm »

Though I have lots of respect for Evill, I have to agree to a point... a lot of us pay for GameRanger, why not just move it back to the working version until the current one is fixed?

I have to agree with this! Why is it so difficult to just move to the previous working version?

I have been hosting IP games, and everyone seems to be having  a great time once again.....

Until this issue of lag is fixed, I will keep hosting IP games, and posting a room in Game Ranger to let everyone know when it's open!

"Ask not what your Mac can do for you, but what you can do for your Mac"
cO.twist

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2006, 09:11:31 pm »

I have to agree with this! Why is it so difficult to just move to the previous working version?

I have been hosting IP games, and everyone seems to be having  a great time once again.....

Until this issue of lag is fixed, I will keep hosting IP games, and posting a room in Game Ranger to let everyone know when it's open!

I suggested this to evill on the RvS side....when it wasnt working at all.  And that is exactly what he did.  He went back to the previous working version so we could play RvS.  Dunno why he wont do this with GhR....
[a] ferret

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2006, 11:47:25 pm »

Because the in-game communication is fundamentally different than Ghost Recon.. He's attempting to fix GhR to make it work w/o the port forwarding. Believe me, after it is complete.. RvS may be next to be in the "working" phase. He stands by his product and we just have to suck it up for a bit.

Ein

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2006, 12:29:35 am »

The only issue I see with ip joining is that it is easier to cheat durring ip games since there is no GR detecting cheats. If people do go about having ip games, I would suggest that the host save all replays weather they are asked for or not to avoid any complications.

Ein
ghost.fr

http://monks.4yu.fr

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2006, 10:54:33 am »

i thought we talked about this long time ago already :

ip joining doesnt bring more cheats or cheaters, u can cheat the same with a mac or a pc !!! u can also run a pc b4 the mac as a router and use sniffers to get datas from ghr and for exemple see where is every one ... for exemple !!!
 but on some pcs 5 years ago u could find these programs and they still exist i gave a long time ago already links and other app away.

SO u can avoid cheaters i now know that

So ip joining is not a big deal, but u cant change the rule in middle of a season, i got screwed 3 times this season because of lag issue and split games!! so why now we should change, now its my turn to screw some one like *energy and W that screw us last time

And season should end as it start
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2006, 05:50:15 pm »

Ghost- everybody has had the same shitty lag TRIBE has.... don't act like a victim.  Just because you want revenge, we can't change a rule to help every clan on the GhR ladder?.... sounds selfish to me.

I say we change the rule so that if a clan wants to cb via ip they can do so for half the cb if the other clan refuses.  I see no reason why one clan should have play by another clans rules... right now if a clan refuses to cb by ip, then what? the other clan gets screwed over?

It's not like this is some major rule change like adding a mappack mid-season Wink ... all this does is decrease the lag problem.  We all know this would benefit every GhR clan on the ladder... why are we even discussing it?  Just do it, make it more fair.

Macuber

"GUSTATUS SIMILIS PULLUS"

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2006, 06:20:56 pm »

I agree 100% with Luna's post. *NRG has NO problem with IP joining against cO, PO, [a], W,or the E's. *NRG does not use any other type of Voice software except for GameRanger. If the 2 clans agree on IP Joining and agree NO voice.. no problem. Level playing field.

"Is it true that cannibals won't eat clowns because they taste funny?"
Tin

« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2006, 07:45:22 pm »

I'm also ok with ip joining. But 7in definitively won't play without voice.
I suggest you, Macuber and all others who arn't used to voice over ip applications, to take a look at Teamspeex. It's the best temporary solution that you can get for now.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 09:20:13 pm by Tin » Logged
gsr

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2006, 08:48:18 pm »

Voice is a powerful weapon and while it might be nice to play without everone yelling (left! left! no, other left!) in your ear, I doubt many would want to give up voice for CBs.

Does TeamSpeex have a server side app?  I thought is was only client side at this time.  TeamSpeak does not run on mac, so you have to set up a PC TeamSpeak server and use TeamSpeex for the client side.

TeamSpeex does work well with PC TeamSpeak servers.  There's always NetFone and IChat (Tiger only for multiple connections?).
Tin

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2006, 09:22:12 pm »

http://www.savvy.nl/blog/download/

Thx to MacGameNet, the Mac Community has it's own server [macgamenet.com].
PUNiSHER™

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2006, 11:48:58 pm »

Thanks Tin I just tried it and it works great

Macuber

"GUSTATUS SIMILIS PULLUS"

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2006, 12:08:36 am »

Ok Tin.. I have downloaded Teamspeex, and have requested a Registered Channel from Bt's. Dunno how long that takes but will have *NRG try it out as well. Thanks for the headsup. (Just hope Evill will FIX GR)

"Is it true that cannibals won't eat clowns because they taste funny?"
ghost.fr

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2006, 12:17:22 am »

Ghost- everybody has had the same shitty lag TRIBE has.... don't act like a victim.  Just because you want revenge, we can't change a rule to help every clan on the GhR ladder?.... sounds selfish to me.

HO sry i didnt explain myself well anouth i dont blame the lag we all do

i blame the fact that we change in middle of season

we did 2 rounds until u guys wakeup about that so now i hope we will end it the way it is and this time WE WILL START TO HOST and after we will split !!!!!
PUNiSHER™

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2006, 01:57:45 am »

So ip joining is not a big deal, but u cant change the rule in middle of a season, i got screwed 3 times this season because of lag issue and split games!! so why now we should change, now its my turn to screw some one like *energy and W that screw us last time

Um we didn't screw you, you guys "attempted" to screw us, you we're hosting and closed the room in the middle of a game when we had possession of the Warzone, you then tried to argue that the room crashed and the game should be replayed, shortly after that you then changed what you said and then told us an  admin told you to close the room.  Last time I checked you can't shut down a room in the middle of a game and then request that the game should be replayed, so don't trash *NRG for your own problem.

I don't think anyone could of predicted this GameRanger update was coming, if clans prefer the lag on GameRanger over IP joining so be it, but don't be bitching and complaining when its the lag that costs your clan a kill or a win. 
In my opinion IP joining helps every single clan, your basically playing lag free clan battles and you still can use voice with the Teamspeex. 
Also keep in mind its the higher ranked clan of the CB that makes the decision who hosts 1st.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 04:34:19 am by PUNiSHER™ » Logged

Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2006, 07:07:59 am »

HO sry i didnt explain myself well anouth i dont blame the lag we all do

i blame the fact that we change in middle of season

we did 2 rounds until u guys wakeup about that so now i hope we will end it the way it is and this time WE WILL START TO HOST and after we will split !!!!!

once again... I don't see your logic at all.  This is something that could be changed mid-season with no great effect on anyone.  I don't really give a flying f*ck if you guys got screwed over, you want to keep it laggy for every other clan because you have to get back at the clans that supposedly screwed you over? come on... that's lame as hell.

ghost.fr

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2006, 09:09:17 pm »

Um we didn't screw you, you guys "attempted" to screw us, you we're hosting and closed the room in the middle of a game when we had possession of the Warzone, you then tried to argue that the room crashed and the game should be replayed, shortly after that you then changed what you said and then told us an  admin told you to close the room.  Last time I checked you can't shut down a room in the middle of a game and then request that the game should be replayed, so don't trash *NRG for your own problem.

I don't think anyone could of predicted this GameRanger update was coming, if clans prefer the lag on GameRanger over IP joining so be it, but don't be bitching and complaining when its the lag that costs your clan a kill or a win. 
In my opinion IP joining helps every single clan, your basically playing lag free clan battles and you still can use voice with the Teamspeex. 
Also keep in mind its the higher ranked clan of the CB that makes the decision who hosts 1st.

Wao

first i sware on my girl that the game crashed and i dont give a F..K what u say, i never lyied here like some do !!

sencond yes and admin "lynx" said that after the split first and after the crash 15mn after the split that the game should not continue!!  so we got screwed cause after agreeing on a fair splited game we did 4 games on ur host and one on our host!!!

when we splited LYNX tald me that the game was over and at this time it was only 2-2-0 so it should have been a draw and because i think it was stupid i didnt listen to him then when we where 3-2-0 the game crashed and u clame victory that is not what i was used to with nrg guys thats what i want to say, we could have finished this game an other time but u didnt want !!!
 and i remember that ur clan asked 5 lag test all together and thats also why the time was over

SO WE WILL FINISH the season as it started and on every single other cb we will start to host and if time is over after 5 games and u dont have a chance to host i wount care more !!!

got it ?

ps punisher dont insult me with telling i'm a lyer cause its rude and anpolit i proved here that i never lyed and that i always gave the right infos since the last 4 years !!
Tin

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2006, 09:48:33 pm »

We all had to struggle with the lag. I don't get your point at all. It's not like some clans have already played all their cbs and would get screwed cuz of this litte rule change. Anyhow you are mainly refering to a CB which was aborted cuz you exceed the time deadline. This is offtopic, it has abosulty nothing to do with the rule change that punisher suggests. wallbashing Whatever, I'm glad that is not up to you what we are gonna do about this lag issuse. Wink

edit: Can we play CBs like Punisher suggests? Did the DBL Admins accepted it finally?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 09:54:38 pm by Tin » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads