*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 04:41:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Situation Report and other News!  (Read 3459 times)
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« on: March 15, 2006, 01:17:47 am »

Good Evening Folks. Just to update you with a bit of a Situation report. There are a few things to cover so i will keep it brief to save you the boredom and so i can get some sleep! So without further adue:

DBL tourny this weekend and Gameranger status

Because of the continued reports of problems with the recent Gameranger update we are going to be running the upcoming tournament allowing IP joining. Yes thats right IP joining. Please feel free to use the forums for organizing this, we will try and liase with clans to make sure everyone knows whats happening and we can set up a section of the forum for posting IPs and arranging servers etc.
The reason for allowing IP joining is simple. People want to play and we don't want the issues with Gameranger to prevent that. More details on the Tourny will follow shortly!

Tourney Assistants

to assist in the DBL Tournament we are enlisting the help of well DBL Helpers who will be about to assist with any problems you might have. These guys aren't replacing Admins they are simply making themselves available if you need clarification of the rules or need an impartial party or assistance. We currently have Po-Kitkat, Krush and Dark on the list but if you feel you can provide the following  and are willing to help out with the task of running all this then please drop us a line and i'll add you to the list.

•  Have good knowledge of the rules and be able to clarify rules and answer questions.
•  Mediate with neutrality in disputes between clans.
•  Assist players with pre and post game troubles i.e submitting a cb
•  Help liaise between clans and clan members.

New DBL Admins

Next order of the evening is to welcome Weakspot, Lynx and Mesa to the DBL Admin team who replace Brutha who id/we'd all like to thank for his time and work towards the league. Ghost Recon players will all know Weakspot and Lynx and the same goes for RvS players and Mesa. They bring with them each a lot of experience and a willingness to dedicate time and effort to the DBL!

well i said i'd keep it short. As allways all constructive feedback and comments are well received and i hope folk will pull together for some good games over the coming weeks!

Thanks

BFG
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 11:26:36 am by BFG » Logged

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
jerkasaur

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 08:47:18 am »

Omg, you made weak and mesa admins.... do you know what you've done?Huh?
Macuber

"GUSTATUS SIMILIS PULLUS"

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 09:11:34 am »

No flame intended but..
1. Pick someone who bailed Ghost Recon to play AA
2. Who said "Ghost Recon is dead."
I find it ...how would you say...ironic?

"Is it true that cannibals won't eat clowns because they taste funny?"
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 09:49:54 am »

DBL currently runs ladders with Ghost Recon, Raven Shield and Americas Army - and others where and if desired. The team predominantly consists of GhR and RvS players, to have at least one AA player in my view is no bad thing. However id also say that it isn't simply a matter of 'what game you play', for 95% of the work these guys have to do that is irrelevant. The need for new admins was to help ensure that during tournaments etc we had a strong constant presence able to assist the community with rules regs and organization.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2006, 11:20:07 am »

Round one of the Tournament starts this weekend yes.

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 11:46:07 am »

IP joining is an extra option if you experience the GameRanger issues. Even Kevill admits that there are connection issues with GhR and RvS. So if you don't have any issues you can just play via GameRanger as you are used to. If you see you only experience lag within GameRanger but IP joining works fine you can do it.

Just test it before you gonna play and everything should be fine.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
PUNiSHER™

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2006, 11:49:42 am »

Thanks for clearing that up, I was under the impression the host was going to be hosting a game without using GameRanger.

:V: Stripes

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2006, 01:58:46 pm »

I thought only one admin from each clan was allowed, isn't that right?

Just curious.. not 100% sure!

Stripes..

--------------------------------
Stripes (ViRuS Clan Predator)
stripes@virus-clan.com
GeT iNfEcTeD!!!
http://www.virus-clan.com
http://www.virus-clan.org
http://www.team-virus.org
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2006, 02:27:47 pm »

It used to be the case at one point yes stripes. However because of changes in the way the Admins opperate this is no longer the case.

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2006, 02:30:06 pm »

ah.. Alright, just wanted to get it clearified  Smiley

Stripes

stripes@virus-clan.com
GeT iNfEcTeD!!!
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2006, 02:30:50 pm »

@ Punisher: you misunderstood me. If you see that nobody can host properly in GameRanger you can open a game outside of GameRanger as well, then you should use the forum to transfer IPs or you can open a chatroom in GameRanger etc...

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2006, 10:04:35 pm »

Just a little reminder: This coming weekend is the first Ghost Recon Tournament weekend. Please ensure your clan is up-to-date on all the new rules, schedules and times. Also note: You should have played each of your scheduled clans at least ONCE before Saturday. Your scheduled CB for this weekend is MANDARORY - however, if you have played both CB's for a scheduled clan, you won't need to turn up to that particular CB time in the weekend.

Also the ip joining option is temporary until Evill has the update fix ready. There has been too many reports of lag (excessive, abnormal lag) unable to join rooms and getting dropped from rooms. These are not just Ghost Recon specific problems though, so just a little patience and all will be restored soon.

If you are having problems getting your first CB with a scheduled clan played, please alert an admin and we'll help mediate to find a suitable time for both.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
Macuber

"GUSTATUS SIMILIS PULLUS"

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2006, 06:14:20 am »

IP joining loses VOICE! Everyone who PAID for PREM bought it for this. This IS UNACCCEPTABLE!

"Is it true that cannibals won't eat clowns because they taste funny?"
<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2006, 07:09:48 am »

when your mac breaks or there's a fault, you accept it and take it to the shop to get fixed right? and in the meantime you use something else or go without. Sometimes not everything works like clockwork. No one is perfect and with the significant changes that evill is making, I think a little patience is not much to ask. He is making head way with the fixes, so it shouldn't be too long. ip joining is merely an option to help you guys if you experience major problems with lag etc. Of course both clans will need to agree and if you don't have anything else to use for voice, perhaps try netfone or teamspeex. We can't offer any other solution at this time I'm afraid.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
Civrock

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2006, 08:43:04 am »

Off-Topic: "Everyone"? Certainly not. I bought Premium to support GameRanger (respectively Evill), what it is and has done for the Mac Gaming community, and to thank for all the friends I met through it. If there wouldn't be Premium, I would've simply donated the money. GameRanger can't just be taken for granted... fortunately there are at least a few people who don't only pay for the additional features, but for it being there.

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2006, 08:50:51 am »

Off-Topic: "Everyone"? Certainly not. I bought Premium to support GameRanger (respectively Evill), what it is and has done for the Mac Gaming community, and to thank for all the friends I met through it. If there wouldn't be Premium, I would've simply donated the money. GameRanger can't just be taken for granted... fortunately there are at least a few people who don't only pay for the additional features, but for it being there.

Since you have besmirched this thread [Suck up to BFG not to slap me out of here] of it's topic Civic, I'll share why I bought premium:

• Links being links (so high-tech), and...
  • The ability to use other apps I paid for, while playing games I paid for.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
Civrock

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2006, 09:03:55 am »

Since you have besmirched this thread [Suck up to BFG not to slap me out of here] of it's topic Civic, I'll share why I bought premium:

• Links being links (so high-tech), and...
  • The ability to use other apps I paid for, while playing games I paid for.

What you're doing is called "trolling" a thread... I simply took offense in Macuber saying that "everyone" bought Premium for in-game voice and put the record straight.

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2006, 10:06:28 am »

Allright guys no need to take a nose dive.

*Macuber, nobody said this is perfect, we're simply trying to help make sure that if you guys do have problems with gameranger you do have an alternative. As has been noted this is not a permanent change, as soon as the reported issues are resolved we will revert to GR only hosting - we have no reason not to.

You might find you don't have problems - or everyone would prefer to take the problems on the cheek and keep with GR... if not and you really want voice, id suggest DL'ing KDX or talking to Bombastic and getting yourselves a Teamspeax room on his server.

Cheers.

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2006, 09:30:22 pm »

is it so hard to download teamspeex for you mac*

stripes@virus-clan.com
GeT iNfEcTeD!!!
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2006, 10:17:39 pm »

is it so hard to download teamspeex for you mac*

Don't treat everyone as if they're stupid Stripes... No, it's not hard to download Teamspeex at all but for many people Teamspeex has proven to be very delayed.  And for those people who just want to come on and play without having to connect to a chat server or other peers, Premium is the best and only way to go.

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads