*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 24, 2024, 11:10:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: How soon till Season 12 begins?  (Read 2372 times)
-ViP-PUNiSHER
« on: October 28, 2005, 12:15:49 am »

When is Season 12 going to start?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 12:17:20 am by =US=PUNiSHER » Logged
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 12:41:07 am »

according to the BL page,
-[ Season 11 is at an end;
    Season 12 starting soon!
[/color]

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 01:45:43 am »

Um...what Dark said.[/size]

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
cO.libre

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 01:59:54 am »

that's what we heard for the whole 70000 months in between season 10 and 11 ..

cO.libre - The Chosen Ones<br />www.thechosenones.us
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 02:37:56 am »

Oh good!  Then you already know what to expect.[/size]  Wink

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2005, 03:13:33 am »

Oh good!  Then you already know what to expect.[/size]  Wink

Grin

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2005, 07:54:15 am »

Nah the date will be announced within the next 5 days and it's probably going to be a 2 - 3 week break. I have to look at my calendar which starting date would fit best.

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
cO.twist

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2005, 01:42:36 pm »

is it possible to have the finals brought back for season 12?  That's the reason we (cO) didn't care to cb in season 11....because there is nothing to compete for.  (winning the regular season really isnt anything to compete for when no one is cbing).
Stripes
Forum Whore

Zero Tolerance

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2005, 03:29:18 pm »

Exactly why and many of the z][t's didn't see a meaning with cbing.

Please do or consider what twist is saying  Smiley

• - Stripes - •

- • www.zero-t-clan.com  • -

z][t - *DAMN Pre-Season Triple [ Winner Of GhR, GhR CQB, RvS Ladder ]
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2005, 06:12:19 pm »

is it possible to have the finals brought back for season 12?  That's the reason we (cO) didn't care to cb in season 11....because there is nothing to compete for.  (winning the regular season really isnt anything to compete for when no one is cbing).

diddo

• Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1 •
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
PloKoonPma

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2005, 07:41:38 pm »

Hi everybody,

I know it was a litle hard to find cb's this season, but

*DBL GR Team 11-3
Rank   Clan   EloPoints   Won   Draws   Lost   Winrate   Games   Games Won   Draws   Games Lost    Games
1|(1)   [a]   1319   25   0   5   0.83   206   134   9   63   [GR, GR-2, RvS, RvS CTE, RvS Adv, GR Adv]

We did 30, only =US= cb'ed as much we did.  If we could do 30  and =US= 29 I'm sure other clans could cb more than they did, I know there wasnt many of the clanmates u usually cb whit, but its only a matter of be online and have a positive attitude. That explain why some clan did not found cb's.

Please bring back Finals for season 12 !

Take care

[a] FrOg / pLo KoOn™

Kangaroo

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2005, 02:31:44 am »

If everyone wants finals what is the point of the season if noone needs to compete during regular season. We may as well just do monthly tournaments?
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2005, 08:05:40 am »

If everyone wants finals what is the point of the season if noone needs to compete during regular season. We may as well just do monthly tournaments?

because to get into the final 4 (just a thought) you obviously have to place in the top 4 clans... in the past seasons with finals the activity has been much higher, and personally, I need something to motivate me to cb... when I'm not in a clan quite as active as [a] for example we can't simply cb a ton of times and win a season title over clans more active than us... so what's the point in competing? it would be a different story if every clan was just as active as one another, but that isn't the case.

and it's different from a tournament because the duration is much longer and it keeps clans (like cO) cbing. Unlike a tournament which just lasts a weekend or two.

cO knows they have no chance of beating the more active clans in the ma season with most of us working and in school so we have no reason to compete.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 08:07:16 am by cO.krush » Logged

Tin

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2005, 07:48:34 pm »

cO knows they have no chance of beating the more active clans in the ma season with most of us working and in school so we have no reason to compete.

Is that the point of competing in a league?
You only compete if you see a chance of winning?

I mean winning is cool, but not necessary.  In my eyes winning isnt the main point of competing in a league. I can tell for myself its more about having a great time with my mates and if my clan isnt 1st on the ladder at last it isnt important to me at all.

Though all in all we should consider bringing the finals back for XII. Infact it seems like lots of clans lost the motivation to cb, it was seriously a pain in the ass to find a cb, especially for ghra since mostly all clans are us clans.

In my opinion a season with  finals at the end would increase the motivation of the less active clans and in conclusion the activity.

-Tin

Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2005, 01:37:14 am »

Is that the point of competing in a league?
You only compete if you see a chance of winning?

I mean winning is cool, but not necessary.  In my eyes winning isnt the main point of competing in a league. I can tell for myself its more about having a great time with my mates and if my clan isnt 1st on the ladder at last it isnt important to me at all.

Though all in all we should consider bringing the finals back for XII. Infact it seems like lots of clans lost the motivation to cb, it was seriously a pain in the ass to find a cb, especially for ghra since mostly all clans are us clans.

In my opinion a season with  finals at the end would increase the motivation of the less active clans and in conclusion the activity.

-Tin

I think I speak for cO when I say cbs aren't really to have a "good time with my mates" for us (yes, we have a good time cbing, but personally I'de rather fuck around in a normal room where I don't have to worry about my performance)... we honestly have way more fun playing normal games and chatting while doing it. 

But if we really have no chance at winning, no, I see no point in competing.  I'm not saying we're not going to compete unless we know we're going to win, I have tons of fun cbing and it's not JUST about winning... but when we're competeing against clans way more active than us, losing motivation is inevitable...

In the end the finals gives every clan an equal chance, you don't have to be the most active clan to make it into finals.  And considering we don't have a clan limit rule I think it'd only be fair...  The clans with 14 active members really have a much better chance at winning the main season than, say a clan with 7 active members.

And I'm not trying to take away from [a]'s season win, it was a well-earned win and they did a damn good job.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 01:49:00 am by cO.krush » Logged

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2005, 05:05:23 pm »

Update on this topic: right now we gonna decide to start season XII on 14th november - 26th december or from 19th november - 30th december. Also other suggestions are still open.

The advantage of the later is that you may can play throughout the holidays, however may at this time also many guys leave to go skiing or something else.

More news as they come.

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
Tin

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2005, 06:53:45 pm »

Sweet, 
14th november - 26th december would fit best for me. Wink

Are any changes coming up for XII? Such as new game types, score systems, additional ladders (e.g. AA) ?

-Tin
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2005, 06:56:41 pm »

Maybe some new gametypes for FFA, maybe readding slightly modified SuperFinals(due the request from the community).

Scoring systems stay the same, may some ladders will be dropped while others will be readded.

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
Tin

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2005, 07:16:18 pm »

…  maybe readding slightly modified SuperFinals(due the request from the community).

…slightly modified SuperFinals … that means we will have the finals back for season XII? Cheesy

Scoring systems stay the same, may some ladders will be dropped while others will be readded.

So you wont drop one of the systems and will still have 2 GhR Team Ladders with diffrent scoring sytems?
That would be fine for me even though the double submitting/confirming is annyoing.   Lips Sealed

-Tin

[a] kiwi

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2005, 12:45:58 am »

This season was not about who was most active. As you can see in the results some clans who cb'd way less than others have similar points. Until there is a set of *fair* rules (ie. not who wins the most points, or happened to bet the most sheep) then it will continue to be like this, whether there is a finals or not.

Having a superfinal is just another excuse. ghra cb'd about half as much as us but still made it into no. 2 spot.

Until we have a *fair* system, ie. ALL clans cb the SAME number of times vs each other for a defined set of points, without all this wishy-washy "more points if you're at the bottom" business, then it will always be a wishy-washy system, with or without a superfinal.

We had the most cbs not because we were the most active or had the most members on, but because we HAD to actively seek out cbs this season because we happened to be at the top of the table, and a loss for us to a lower ranked team meant a huge deficit in points.

~Po~ pretty much caught us up from way behind after just two wins against us, and we had to win 2-3 times the number of cbs with other clans just to make up for the points we lost in just those 2 cbs vs ~Po~.

A *fair* system is all i ask for, with an even starting line. After all a 100m runner doesn't start further up the track just because they have a slower personal best time.

- [a] kiwi
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads