*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 24, 2024, 04:16:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Another FFA joining problem  (Read 1099 times)
Ein

« on: October 05, 2005, 04:49:25 am »

I know Eight posted a similar thread earlier but I tried joining a FFA game today, hosted by =US= Roem. I entered the correct pass as well as spaces before the pass, after the pass, and in the pass, and still coulndt get in. I asked Wickedson about this and he told me to post about this in the forums to draw attention to this problem (and I do believe that people blocking everyone but who they want to be in the FFA is a problem). Are the admins looking into a way to stop this from happening or is this allowed by everyone? If so, Im going noob hunting and only giving them the pass to my room for my easy wins.

Ein
Vermin

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 09:41:49 am »

I know Eight posted a similar thread earlier but I tried joining a FFA game today, hosted by =US= Roem. I entered the correct pass as well as spaces before the pass, after the pass, and in the pass, and still coulndt get in. I asked Wickedson about this and he told me to post about this in the forums to draw attention to this problem (and I do believe that people blocking everyone but who they want to be in the FFA is a problem). Are the admins looking into a way to stop this from happening or is this allowed by everyone? If so, Im going noob hunting and only giving them the pass to my room for my easy wins.

Ein

Isn't fighting newbies in the FFA prevented by the new system now, though?
-ViP-PUNiSHER
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 09:50:29 am »

Try IM'ing the host to get in and make sure they have the password done correctly.
Vermin

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 10:24:29 am »

Try IM'ing the host to get in and make sure they have the password done correctly.

The way I read Ein's post, it had already started, though.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 10:41:10 am »

If this keeps happening then we will have no alternative than to void all FFA's that are played without using the correct passwords, please remind everybody whenever you get the chance that its very important.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
cottonmouth

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2005, 04:28:51 pm »

I was in an FFA in Jamos room the other day. When I entered the room, it was open, no password. The room was locked after several players joined.  After the 3rd map, Brandon crashed.  We all agreed to give him time to return, all of a sudeden, Jamo had to shut the room down to make sure  Brandon had the password. This is not a shot at you Jamo, shit, I had fun and could not have cared less about delaying the game.  I'm just trying to keep the playing field even for everyone, even players who want to join half way through an FFA, and without the correct pass, this is not possible, you can not IM the host if he is in the middle of a game.
The password exists to keep unregestered players out of the game, lets keep the community together and keep the pass-word straight. With less and less CB's being played, I think people are gonna jump into an FFAs more often.
Also... thanks to Jamo and GS and whoever else is hosting FFA's. It's great competition and lots of fun.  Lets keep em going!!!!!

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2005, 04:53:59 pm »

To go through the procedure for people in future:

Your hosting room must be locked with the *DAMN BL FFA Password from the outset and there must be no body in the room before it is locked.

I know from experience that it is tempting and convenient to both have open rooms to get people to join to FFA, and also to IM people with the password. It might sound like we're being unnecessarily anal about this but there are reasons, Everyone who is registered must be able to join the room. If you do want to do this thats fine - but id suggest you either use a chat room first or you must close the room and remake it (locked) with the correct password

only those who are signed up on the *DBL will be able to get the password, thus avoiding the hassle and problems we get if we have unregistered players participating in the league. 

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads