*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 24, 2024, 11:15:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: GhR FFA cb issue: #3993  (Read 2503 times)
Vermin

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2005, 01:23:11 pm »

When 5 of 6 people in a FFA complain of lag, there must be a problem, and the lag didn't start until midway through the 1st game, it seemed like someones software update was running in the background or they were downloading.   And if you have a problem with our clan why do you even read our posts and get your nose in our buisness.  We're the most active team clan on here and without us 50% of the games that took place in the Ghr ladder would never have happened.  Don't give me the bullshit, its amazing z][t goes and CB's a clan (NSF) that has no players signed up for the *DBL league, and then they go and post the results knowing they aren't signed up, but hoping somehow they will let their wins count anyway.  The league breaks the rules for z][t and allows you to CB Tribe 3 strait times as long as you CB 2 other clans by a given date.  Getting rather far-fetched eh?

I see that you're once again trying to shift the attention on me and my clan to avoid having to face the arguments I just presented you with. It's exactly as with DeUmRabbit and Phara. I can't say I'm surprised.
-ViP-PUNiSHER
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2005, 10:15:58 am »

You demand Phara to be banned from the *DBL because he supposedly glitched in a public game?

My clanmember was banned for glitching in a public room so obviously I must defend him, I don't think you understand the point I was trying to make.  It wouldn't be fair that one guy gets removed from the league for public glitching and another can get away with it.

You refuse to approve a bloody FFA because of lag issues you didn't even care to test before commencing the games?

The admins needed an explanation on why the CB was rejected, 5 of the 6 people in the room rejected the CB and obviously the reason had to be stated here in the forums.  Just because a lagtest is lag free doesn't mean there isn't gona be a lag problem later.  Somebody could have a friend or someone on another computer making downloads while the CB is happening.  A lagtest can't confirm you'll have lag free gaming for the entire match.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 10:26:09 am by =US=PUNiSHER » Logged
Vermin

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2005, 10:23:40 am »

My clanmember was banned for glitching in a public room so obviously I must defend him, I don't think you understand the point I was trying to make.  I don't think it would be fair that one guy gets removed from the league for public glitching and another gets away with it.

It's not, however it must be said that the issue with DeumRabbit was quite much more complex than Phara's.

The admins needed an explanation on why the CB was rejected, 5 of the 6 people in the room rejected the CB and obviously the reason had to be stated here in the forums.

Well, 5 people rejecting it doesn't really make any difference when none of you were apparently very familiar with the rules. Smiley
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2005, 05:05:32 pm »

Quote from: Vermin on September 30, 2005, 11:11:40 pm
You demand Phara to be banned from the *DBL because he supposedly glitched in a public game?

My clanmember was banned for glitching in a public room so obviously I must defend him, I don't think you understand the point I was trying to make.  It wouldn't be fair that one guy gets removed from the league for public glitching and another can get away with it.

I am aware of no issue concerning Phara and therefore cannot comment.

The admins needed an explanation on why the CB was rejected, 5 of the 6 people in the room rejected the CB and obviously the reason had to be stated here in the forums.  Just because a lagtest is lag free doesn't mean there isn't gona be a lag problem later.  Somebody could have a friend or someone on another computer making downloads while the CB is happening.  A lagtest can't confirm you'll have lag free gaming for the entire match.

Ok let me explain it for you. the FFA match was carried out meeting all *DBL rule specifications. The complaints against the CB it seemed could have been avoided had players followed the DBL suggestions for playing cbs - although yes i totally agree a lag test does not mean that it will be a lag free cb, it is a fundamental problem with the internet which we do not have control over. There were alternatives that could have been followed including switching host which were not followed.

In general the BL is not about to start voiding CB's because of complaints regarding clan battles. That said im rather surprised by the aggressiveness of the attitude regarding the outcome of a FFA "fun ladder" match.

I'll leave this open for any other responses but this will be locked and people warned if this degrades into any more of a flaming match

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
cO.Vickedson

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2005, 06:32:09 pm »

Once again, I did not reject this FFA.  Just wasn't given the chance to confirm because it was immediately put under DBL approval.

"...........dodge this......|wham|!?"
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2005, 06:33:59 pm »

thats fine vick its no problem, for the record this issue was closed a while back and the cb was confirmed!

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads