*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 09:51:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  iGuard Sucks!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: iGuard Sucks!  (Read 1636 times)
rev316
« on: September 01, 2005, 07:44:37 am »

Looks like were releasing 2.0 very soon. Drew and I spent a lot of time on this (about a couple hours). This will probably be our last release, lack of funds and college.

Please give a shout out for Drew, all his hard work. While he doesnt even own a Mac! Took a lot of guts for him to step back from cheating and to help mac users out.

Anyway, heres what 2.0 will have.

-Interaction Bot Detectors (Something punkbuster doesnt even do!)
-iGuard no-longer scans directory files! (Yes Monoman, that ini you did is now pointless)
-New exec scanners and txt hacks locators.
-Works with Athena Sword
-Added extended logging reports

In summary, you can use all your modded maps and crap. Fill it up with whatever crap you have. iGuard is protecting the users on the activation of the hacks, rather then the files.

I do ask one thing, please submit your bugs/comments to our forums. Its a pain in the ass visting 12 different forums about resolving issues.

Bugs forum:
http://www.twilightice.net/~revsd5/wordpress/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=4

Chat forum:
http://www.twilightice.net/~revsd5/wordpress/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=2

Donations:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=revelationsd%40hotmail%2ecom&item_name=iGaurd%20Cheat%20Prevention%20Technologies&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD&charset=UTF%2d8&charset=UTF%2d8

Developer copies will be sent whenever I feel like it. Gimmy a week. Hopefully this is the end of any cheating doubts in Raven Shield.

-Hello, and Bye

Rev.

Yes, iGuard does suck. Thats why were releasing iGuard 2.0.
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 05:00:56 pm »

HAH!

Glad to see that it was YOUR post that spiked my blood pressure!   lol

I dont tolerate public Iguard bashing...but you certainly hold the exemption card on this one!!

Just wanted to say, that despite the appearances of ingratefulness (ie few donations, some public grousing etc) that the RVS community DOES owe you a thoughtful thanks.  In large part, this effort has helped in restoring some trust from player to player in the best fps ever made, and brought a lot of guys back to the game for some laughs, and good time shootin.

So, however much time you spent, we ARE grateful, us unbeneficial as that may be to your bottom line...some times the best rewards in life dont have a price tag attached..and as Im sure youre aware, dedicating time to gamers, may put u in contact with that sentiment. zbut addressing peoples trust in one another, there has to be some intangible reward for you somewhere..im hoping, to make the effort worth it to the two of you.

Just know that behind your back, lots of guys besides myself have expressed relief, and support for the efforts youve made for us.  Just make sure you and Drew document your release process, so that in time, you can look back on this and show future employers, that in the face of those obstacles, (lack of funds, time and support) you offered a REAl solution, and delivered two products that WORK, and acomplish what they intended. Thats thats all the real world asks of people anyways, and in time, you will be financially rewarded...  I promise.

peace. and thx

I discovered why the buddha laughs.
The truth is so horrifying, it's funny.
leet_guest
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 11:02:19 pm »

I find it funny, ironic and disturbing that the same people that Probably ported the hacks from PC to mac in the first place release a Mac anti cheat program and try to profit from it. That is a great marketing strategy. Wish I thought of it.

Of course this is a conspiracy theory and my own opinion, but non the less could be very true.

Something to think about.
core.Sinister

Check your six!!

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 12:28:18 am »

I find it funny, ironic and disturbing that the same people that Probably ported the hacks from PC to mac in the first place release a Mac anti cheat program and try to profit from it. That is a great marketing strategy. Wish I thought of it.

Of course this is a conspiracy theory and my own opinion, but non the less could be very true.

Something to think about.

.........There was never anything to port. Infact rev spent about 9 months looking for a "mac specific" sdk so I dont think he was responsible.

Interaction checks are welcomed. Its no secret I was totally against the method you used for previous versions however if this works then well done. Heh i may even start to play RVS again (and donate a bit to the iGuard fund)
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2005, 07:55:45 am »

I find it funny, ironic and disturbing that the same people that Probably ported the hacks from PC to mac in the first place release a Mac anti cheat program and try to profit from it.

The neat thing, is that we dont GIVE A FUCK!! woohoo...
Everyone has their own motives for all sorts of stuff, oh say like cheating, or aliasing, or stuff like that..somedays everyone seems shady eh "leet"?

And yes, you should have thought of it, but i bet foresight aint your strong suit.
And its also super easy to take shots and be snide, when you dont have anything to contribute..id bet my entire salary that that's your MO across the board...so gg for you.

One could question why youd choose NOT to focus on what it HAS done (see the Bts site for names of those it HAS caught), instead of the motives of those that took their time to provide a solution. And as for profit? I bet you think the money just poured in then, from pay pal donations?? Ask REV about it, im sure he'll set you straight there.

I guess I would have expected a LEGIT RVS player to applaud ANY efforts that would help prevent those crazy hackin kids from PUSSING OUT to build their "LEET" reputations at the expense of the good guys who have never ever thought of cheating...unless Iguard somehow stands for something YOU opposed...

Of course its a conspiracy theory, but none the less, could be true.

I discovered why the buddha laughs.
The truth is so horrifying, it's funny.
PandabeaR

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2005, 03:52:29 pm »

*sigh* iguard just feels like a big brother...somone always watching...making me want to do vewwy vewwy bad things... Nade
0 Kilz:M:

Sancho!

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2005, 09:48:09 am »

Perfect, now that we know your intentions, since you can't play legit, do yer thing, just never on our server. Go be a pc whore, sad ass kidz.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads