*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 01:04:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  Raven Shield bullet types
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Raven Shield bullet types  (Read 1210 times)
Bob M
« on: June 25, 2005, 06:40:38 am »

Out of curiousity, why don't the JHP bullets seem to be more effective than FMJ in RvS ?  Also, does modding the Karma file have anything to do with bullet damage ?  Additionally, I've actually sat down and tested statistically what bullets tend to have better stopping effects.  It seems the high-powered pistol rounds aren't really all that effective.  For instance, 2 hits from the 9mm MP5A4 gets more kills than single shots from the 10mm MP5/10A2.  Rifles seem to be an exception to this, they seem to be just as lethal as any of the SMG's.  And during the same testing, I noticed the JHP ammo was less effective than FMJ.  It seems the damage values only affect the ability to shoot through doors and the like, as far as tangos, it appears that lower-powered weapons work better, even when controllability is not a factor. 
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 06:48:04 am by Bob M » Logged
core.Sinister

Check your six!!

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2005, 11:52:46 am »

The bullet damage in RVS goes on size only. The higher the caliber the more hitpoints it has. Most of the weapon stats are complete bs.
BTs_hooks

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2005, 10:14:22 pm »

because FMJ = full metal jacket are armor peirceing and JHP = hallow point (i think)
bloodanguts

Blood for the Blood God!

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2005, 07:38:40 pm »

FMJ is good against armored targets (ie good for MP vs)
JPH is does a lot of damage against unarmored targets, so is better against terrorists.
Bob M
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2005, 10:20:41 pm »

FMJ is good against armored targets (ie good for MP vs)
JPH is does a lot of damage against unarmored targets, so is better against terrorists.

Yeah, JHP is Jacketed Hollow Points, but I've actually sat down and kept track of what kills terrorists better, and it seems that FMJ works much better.  That's what doesn't make much sense, JHP should be more effective.  Also, JHP should be able to go through windows at close range, but I guess the game designers didn't realize that.  FMJ is NOT AP, if it was AP, it would be able to tear through walls, doors, windows, but it wouldn't do much damage to tangos due to overpenetrating, that, and it'd be a huge risk to hostages.  It seems JHP is basically "safety" ammo best used in situations where you're concerned about bullets going through tangos and doors and hitting hostages.  Anyways, I just thought it was kinda strange compared to what these bullets are supposed to do in real life.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads