*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 10:39:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: True Map coordinates for Ghost recon  (Read 983 times)
Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« on: July 07, 2003, 06:46:36 am »

Hello,

This is kind of a strange question but I was wondering if anyone knew how the true map coordinates worked for the Ghost recon maps.  I am working on a mod conversion and I wanted to make some of the items for the game in different spots of the map.  Now I look into the missions files to try and modify them.  Sorry I am new at this, but I am trying to discern what the numbers mean in the zonelist section of the .mis file for the map.  I am under the assumption that these are where the scripts are for where people start and end in certain types of Ghost recon games.  Plus it seems to have the coordinates to where the sounds are supposed to be heard as you walk thru the map itself.  For example a line of script would look like this:

<Zone IgorId = "139" ScriptId = "56" Name = "Wind Sound Zone 1" Pos0 = "-230.48;-18.45;0.00;" Pos1 = "174.15;-429.20;0.00;" Sound = "1" EnvTag = "25"/>

Can you please tell me how to figure out how these commands would help you place certain features within the game?  I really only need to know how the numbers work itself, but if you would like to explain the whole line then that will work too hehe.  The numbers I think are the true map coordinates are the ones that look like this:

"-230.48;-18.45;0.00;" Pos1 = "174.15;-429.20;0.00;"

Does anyone know what these numbers mean to allow the placement of this particular sound that the script above is written for.  If I can figure that out then it would solve all my problems within the Mod I am working on.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2003, 06:48:12 am by +MOD+Saberian » Logged

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2003, 09:34:11 pm »

Well all those values are created by IGOR - which opens the .map data and creates the correct coordinates. You could only modify the data by "try and error" but that's it.

BYe,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2003, 08:04:55 am »

Thank you Mauti, i have figured out what all the numbers stand for.  It took me a long time to finally see how simple it actually was.  I know that IGOR is the most common way to change stuff like that but I have found out exactly how it works, thanks to my bro Blitz.  It took me like days to see what it was when he found ti in almost minutes.  It was quite sick actually.  If you would like I will email you the info.  If you are interested that is.  I must admit, I did use igor for the map position on the map area, but that's about it.  I really dont like using PC's in the slightest and try not to if at all possible.  I know, I am stubborn, but in the end I will learn much from not using PC applications to create.  Plus  I must admit, re-doing a game that was for PC to the Mac by using the script alone is pretty sweet.  Plus the PC version did suck ass.  Anyway, when i finish I hope that you will allow this mod to be used as a download, cause I am pretty sure no one has done anything like it before.  Oh well, we will soon see =)  I should be done by the end of the week with the help of my clansmen =)  Thanks again for the info.  =)

+MOD+Saberian

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads