*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 07:59:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Game Agent - a Mac game utility from Aspyr  (Read 1707 times)
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« on: June 01, 2005, 02:37:58 am »

Has anyone used this? - oh, btw, its FREE!

For a second, I thought it was another GR.

The King of Pistoleros
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 03:00:50 am »

I think this is aspyr testing their hand at applications. Scott better hope they don't end up with a GR competitor.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
c| Lone-Wolf
Forum Whore

Frog blast the vent core!

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 03:16:10 am »

I was part of the group that beta tested it.  What I've got to say is that there's a reason it's free, because there is nothing in the application you cant do in 30 seconds of your own time.  Mostly it is a convenience for those people who dont know their systems very well, and just want to be told if the game will run or not on their machine. 

Keep in mind those system specs are way too high for just about every game.  For example, someone got Doom 3 to play on an iPod.  Did it play well? No, but it played.  More realistically though, and following that example, I got D3 to play on my 1Ghz PB, 1 GB RAM w/ a Radeon 9600.  It was pretty jerky in some spots, but it still ran and was playable (probably not on Nightmare though).  But GA said it would not run on my system.  So take what it says with a grain of salt. 

But overall a pretty cool little application, though it doesnt seem like a tremendously useful one.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 05:34:55 am by c| Lone-Wolf » Logged

Quote from: (SiX)Sheixhundt
Air is a mechanism of control.
and i reject it.

They cant hit me from all the way over the-
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005, 04:25:20 am »

In that case, I don't think I will bother to DL it.  But there has been a huge 46,183 peeps that have DL'd it from Macgamefiles so far.

The King of Pistoleros
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 04:36:35 am »

It's useful in that it does a comparative. So idiots on GR don't have to ask if their system can take a game. The app itself is slick.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads