*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 10:03:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip
| | |-+  Tech Talk (Moderators: *DAMN Hazard, Civrock, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | | |-+  Have you upgraded?
Poll
Question: Its been several weeks since the release of Tiger (OS X 10.4) So have you upgraded?
Yes im running Tiger now - 10 (58.8%)
I was waiting for 10.4.1 now i'll upgrade - 1 (5.9%)
Im planning on upgrading in the next 6months - 4 (23.5%)
I would like to but can't afford it - 0 (0%)
No im not going to upgrade - 2 (11.8%)
Total Voters: 17

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Have you upgraded?  (Read 3035 times)
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« on: May 18, 2005, 04:23:53 pm »

I was a bit surprised there was such an overwhelming silence since Tiger came out... and since 10.4.1 popped up the other night, im switching all the computers over to 10.4 now. Anyone else or are people simply happy with Panther?

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 04:51:26 pm »

Hey look BFG!

fully 100% of the respondents to your poll said they would be upgrading within the next six months!!!
But i..(shit, i mean THEY) are probably afraid of upgrading the system on a WORK computer...to cut back on hair pulling incidents...and fateful incompatibilities.

Grin

I discovered why the buddha laughs.
The truth is so horrifying, it's funny.
BTs-FahQ2

FahQ2

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 05:52:57 pm »

I installed tiger at work here and at home,  All graphics programs are operational with no adverse affects so far.  Been working for about a week now.

"Beer is proof God loves us"

- Benjamin Franklin
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 06:34:53 pm »

awh sorry shiex we've ruined your stats now! Wink

ps - i've yet to have any problems with tiger apart from one nasty event with Macromedia Director which had a moment of madness and crashed repeatedly 6 times in a row over the space of 5minutes! other than that though everything is lovely Smiley

:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005, 08:23:37 pm »

Need money, then I can upgrade.  Smiley

BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2005, 09:13:34 pm »

I was waiting for 10.4.1 so now I'll upgrade.  Grin

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2005, 09:49:28 pm »

At least we don't have to wait for the next version of the OS to have a more.... LESS stable version unlike some owners of certain computer brands.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2005, 03:13:46 pm »

Well, I am the newest 10.4 convert!  Actually, the only reason I waited this long is because nobody on the Mississippi Gulf Coast sells mac software, and I was waiting until I could take a trip to New Orleans, LA, or Mobile, AL (both about an hour from me) to pick up a copy.  So that's what I did yesterday...I drove on over to New Orleans just to get Tiger.  I played around with it a little last night...I am in love with Dashboard!  lol

The biggest performance improvement I noticed is that opening multiple web pages in Safari doesn't lag like it used to.  I hated that...I would open a couple of things at once and I would get that little spinning circle for a few seconds until everything caught up with itself.  Now it works much better.  Havn't tried iChat AV yet.

Anybody have iLife?  I thought about buying it while I was there, but just didn't know if it was worth it or not.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

Civrock

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2005, 05:17:48 pm »

Anybody have iLife?  I thought about buying it while I was there, but just didn't know if it was worth it or not.

Absolutely for that price, especially the new iPhoto.

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2005, 05:57:40 pm »

I also recommend iWork ontop of iLife. You get keynote 2, and Pages can create some nice PDFs.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2005, 09:39:37 pm »

I'm not sure I'm going to upgrade, I just don't see the point in spending $129 when my current OS works perfectly fine.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2005, 09:58:22 pm »

I'm not sure I'm going to upgrade, I just don't see the point in spending $129 when my current OS works perfectly fine.

Oh, Dashboard alone was worth it for me.  How did I live without that before???

|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2005, 10:56:01 am »

I also recommend iWork ontop of iLife. You get keynote 2, and Pages can create some nice PDFs.

Agreed, although I haven't upgraded my OS, I did buy iWork a little while back and I started playing around with it, made a cool pdf file in Pages about a trip I took with a cousin and IM'd it via iChat to him in Europe, it was great.

The King of Pistoleros
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2005, 02:46:27 pm »

The biggest performance improvement I noticed is that opening multiple web pages in Safari doesn't lag like it used to.  I hated that...I would open a couple of things at once and I would get that little spinning circle for a few seconds until everything caught up with itself.  Now it works much better. 

Ah yeah i get that so often on 10.3 and it drove me loopy. Im a 'tabbed' addict, i'll open stuff left right and centre in new tabs but then have to wait for 3 freaking minutes for safari to stop the spinning circle of death! No such problems with safari 2.0 though Cheesy

This baby is having a spring clean as soon as ive finished writing this post. was going to just upgrade but i think it deserves a complete clean install - to many old prefs and support files and hidden yucky things lying around for my liking!

see you in a tiger Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads