*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 08:22:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Invincible Armies in Iraq  (Read 1239 times)
Brian
« on: June 30, 2003, 10:28:23 am »

I've played the Iraqi Freedom mod and enjoyed it. The scripting of the allied UK and US squads is nifty. However, the allied soldiers are invincible to enemy fire, player fire, and even their own grenades.

While I understand this may serve the purposes of the mod designer, I'd like to make the allied squads mortal. I think it would add another dimension to the missions to have to protect them, rather than just keeping up while they do 90% of the work.

Does anyone have an idea how the mod files could be altered to allow the allied soldiers to be injured? I think giving them protection equal to the highest rated armor would make this a first class mod.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2003, 08:01:00 am »

Just contact the PC creator who probably could help you! But I think it can't be done by simply text editing but who knows...

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2003, 04:40:49 pm »

yeah that is strange how someone would make a mod where you were basically invincible.  You would think sense he would put all this time into editing a new mod for Ghost recon that he would also make it somewhat playable.  Oh well.

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2003, 12:58:57 am »

Ya know, I have been thinking about this mod.  What if someone were to make all the armies with the same stats?  Hmm, well it seems like a worthwhile effort and maybe after I am done with the project I am working on I might head on over to this one and change it so that it is playable.  Leave the page where to download this mod and I will take a look at it and see if I can fix this problem for ya

+MOD+Saberian

P.S.  It might take some time but of course to determine weather or not I can change it I would have to see it =D

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
Brian
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2003, 05:16:17 pm »

You can find it in the *DAMN "Mac Downloads: section.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads