*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 09:41:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: :cO:. -vs- z][t Finals Dispute...  (Read 3907 times)
??z][t-VieiA..

wWw.Zero-T-claN.cOm

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2004, 03:00:43 am »

You know what, Lone Wolf, After Vilnius, the score was 5-3. We had it bagged, so We started playing VERY sloppy. -Like on 'Down Town', We had their last man trapped on the roof of the building, while He was on map, and with the WZ belonging to us. Acri could have just camped the exit of "his" building, while I could have backed him up, making escape impossible.. But Nope. -We didn't! -Coz, as said, 'We had it bagged anyway', so I went for the guy, and Acri was a good sport, NOT to camp him. -I got unlucky, and it actually resulted in :cO:. winning that map. (!)

What I'm saying is, that We felt comfortable from 5-3 to 5-5, and that's why We allowed this game to get to be a tiebreaker. -So playing ONE map, is not justice either.

I don't know if it was a accident glitch or not a glitch at all, but I DO know, that You are not too mature about it. z][t is gentlemen 95% of the time. The rest 5% is when provoked to much. Please be nice. It's not like We sceemed or in any way made this happen, right? So, again, please be nice!

Love,

??VieiA..

I am rawJah!
Stripes
Forum Whore

Zero Tolerance

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2004, 03:32:21 am »

hi all :  after checking the replay i got one fucking question :

why the fuck does it take 4-5 seconds to lay down and shoot back, when ur getting shooting at? i was like Gabe was shooting at vieia , vieia had his radar to check if someone was shooting at him but he still runs , and runs, and runs and until he finds a glitch? - if it is a glitch? then he lays down and kills him. ?

if i was vieia i would lay down just AS Gabe was shooting at me and then fight Gabe back ! but we all got our gamestyle... i guess?

i'm not trying 2 flame anyone, but it still looks stupid , from my view.

.iP. Stripes
« Last Edit: July 26, 2004, 03:35:47 am by Stripes » Logged

• - Stripes - •

- • www.zero-t-clan.com  • -

z][t - *DAMN Pre-Season Triple [ Winner Of GhR, GhR CQB, RvS Ladder ]
Blufire

teabag or bust

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2004, 03:40:13 am »

that's exactly what the rules say... we first started the cb on twist's server... we chose the first map because we were the guest clan... after that the guest never gets to pick again, always the loser of the last game (it doesnt matter at all if the host switches). that was us in your example, so we got to pick the map.
I think Gabe's point was about the non-standard process of changing hosts every 2 games.

Civrock
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2004, 03:46:37 am »

this has been agreed with Mr.Twist about a day before the cb to make the hosting of the last cb as fair as possible for both clans. Smiley

from my first response to Gabe:

first, because both teams, of course, didnt want the disadvantage of not starting to host twice, we had to figure something out... i SUGGESTED Twist that we switch host after every 2 games... he said ok and wanted to start the first two matches... i said np. it worked very good that way... no disadvantage for both clans, cO even got to host once more.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2004, 03:47:35 am by z][t-Civic? » Logged

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
SAR(VoLaTile)

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2004, 07:04:55 am »

You know what, Lone Wolf, After Vilnius, the score was 5-3. We had it bagged, so We started playing VERY sloppy. -Like on 'Down Town', We had their last man trapped on the roof of the building, while He was on map, and with the WZ belonging to us. Acri could have just camped the exit of "his" building, while I could have backed him up, making escape impossible.. But Nope. -We didn't! -Coz, as said, 'We had it bagged anyway', so I went for the guy, and Acri was a good sport, NOT to camp him. -I got unlucky, and it actually resulted in :cO:. winning that map. (!)

What I'm saying is, that We felt comfortable from 5-3 to 5-5, and that's why We allowed this game to get to be a tiebreaker. -So playing ONE map, is not justice either.

I don't know if it was a accident glitch or not a glitch at all, but I DO know, that You are not too mature about it. z][t is gentlemen 95% of the time. The rest 5% is when provoked to much. Please be nice. It's not like We sceemed or in any way made this happen, right? So, again, please be nice!

Love,

??VieiA..

I'm a bit confused, maybe I didn't read this...was vilnius the tiebreaker? or was it the eigth map played?

If it was the eigth map played then did cO wait the entire cb to accuse z][t of glitching? If this is so then there is no question of z][t recieving the win.

No pics in your sig pls - Your Forum moderators
bonfire
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2004, 09:29:54 am »

-Like on 'Down Town', We had their last man trapped on the roof of the building, while He was on map, and with the WZ belonging to us. Acri could have just camped the exit of "his" building, while I could have backed him up, making escape impossible.. But Nope. -We didn't! -Coz, as said, 'We had it bagged anyway', so I went for the guy, and Acri was a good sport, NOT to camp him. -I got unlucky, and it actually resulted in :cO:. winning that map. (!)

Me being that person on the roof "trapped" i would like a little credit. z][t had three men left, two of which watching the wz, one coming up to get me. I managed to get one of you that was watching the warzone, then the one that was coming up to get me, although he wounded me. And btw, Acri WAS camping an exit, but there were two, so i took the other. Then i advanced toward the wz, managed to get a shot off and won the match.

I know this does not pertain to our glitching conflict, but i think i deserve a little bit of credit, no?
Acri

I swat flies with a hammer. Redundant?

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2004, 10:52:47 am »

SAR, that is the way it seems to me. It was not the tie breaker. But on the other hand, we usually make sure the accusation is given before we save the replay.

And further more... what the... Oh my god! You sunk Portugal!
Acri

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2004, 11:25:41 am »

Gabe, could that have been lag? Not trying to say it was, but is there a possibility? When I experience lag that usually what happens for me. I shoot and bullets dont hit until either I end up dead or the guy I was shooting at SOMETIMES end up dead a meter away from where I shot him.

Interesting comment, Stripes. The answer is quite simple: I don't think VieiA KNEW where Gabe was until he went prone, and his chances were better moving. Smiley

Edit: Added new material to this post to avoid creating a new post.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2004, 12:05:16 pm by z][t-Acri » Logged

Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2004, 12:06:56 pm »

I remember when i was playing z][t with Ross in a 2v2, when Civic started accusing me of glitching which we checked in the replay and both agreed that it wasen't a glitch but we still offered them a redo of that round, which they accepted.. .

Just redo it, can someone hounestly say that this dispute would exist if Vieia would have been crouched instead of proned.. . Don't lay down on slopes, good thumb rule.

It's all about finding the better clan right? By any definition gabe should have been the winner of that shoot out.

Just my 2 cents

Acri

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2004, 12:18:51 pm »

Toxic-clan is a bunch of nice guys and pretty boys. Hard not to love 'em. Thx for the input, Joka.

Civrock
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2004, 01:05:08 pm »

I remember when i was playing z][t with Ross in a 2v2, when Civic started accusing me of glitching which we checked in the replay and both agreed that it wasen't a glitch but we still offered them a redo of that round, which they accepted.. .

i never played a 2v2 cb against Toxic, neither against any other clans you and Ross have been in. what are you talking about?

If you weren't involved in either of these two clans or if you don't have any constructive or helpful comments about the situation, then don't post at all.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2004, 01:23:46 pm by z][t-Civic? » Logged

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2004, 02:39:21 pm »

i never played a 2v2 cb against Toxic, neither against any other clans you and Ross have been in. what are you talking about?

Well now I'm confused, acri just thanked me for my input.. . And let me get this straight.. . You're calling me a liar?.. ok ok, well. Me and ross were in Core and Virus together, I'm sure if we check the BL database it will prove one of us right.. . Thats beyond the issue though and I'm sure you want to save your face.

if you don't have any constructive or helpful comments about the situation, then don't post at all.

Thank you.

The same goes for you as well, no?

Lets leave it at that and concentrate on the issue at hand.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2004, 02:43:49 pm by Toxic::Joka » Logged

SAR(VoLaTile)

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2004, 04:31:57 pm »

So why did you guys wait till the end of the cb to confront the glitch cO?
That can change the whole cb mentally for both clans.--->example: "Well we don't want to be accused of camping, lets rush."

This could have also chaged z][t's momentum because they have the glitch on their mind throughout the whole cb.

No pics in your sig pls - Your Forum moderators
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2004, 04:37:33 pm »

So why did you guys wait till the end of the cb to confront the glitch cO?
That can change the whole cb mentally for both clans.--->example: "Well we don't want to be accused of camping, lets rush."

This could have also chaged z][t's momentum because they have the glitch on their mind throughout the whole cb.

When you ask for a replay, you basically say warn them of potential glitch.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2004, 04:43:27 pm by CrYpT » Logged

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Aramarth
Forum Whore

« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2004, 05:04:36 pm »

You guys seem to be grasping at straws. Cmon now, a "one-time glitch?" I could call it a one-time glitch that I missed my rifle shot at someone too. If we do accept your logic, where does it end? Concievably, everyone who misses their first few shots could claim a "freak accident glitch." I do not want to live in a league that works like that. Do you gentlemen remember how this place was when everyone was asking for replays all the time? I'll be blunt, it sucked.

After literally hours on this issue, I find that I am completely unwilling to see it last any longer. In addition, it has really become a flame magnet. Lastly, I still do not see an impact on the accused glitching character. As previously mentioned, this is a real requirement for verifying a glitch. I know a few facts, and they lead me to my decision:
1. Glitches leave evidence. This may be crawling prone, right-angled textures (stairs), and/or visible impacts that are not "scored" as hits.
2. I see NONE of the above.
3. It is not in the interest of this league to give any value to the idea of a "phantom glitch."

Due to the absence of any other admins, and the need to end this immediately, I am making a final decision on this matter. There is no glitch. When watching from several angles, only two bullets are really shady, and both of those are explained by the trajectory of Gabe's bullets. The inability to score a hit is baffling, but we have all had those bad days I'm sure. I can answer specific questions in person, but other than that this debate is over. Please enjoy your time off until season 9.

The wOOt is your friend. Trust the wOOt.

The worst part of being an admin is trying to remember to color your text every time... Wink
I own the former VT supercomputer node 177 wOOt! http://www.tcf.vt.edu/
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads