*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:00:35 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Razer Tarantula & Piranha announced, Keyboard and Headset for Gamers  (Read 5394 times)
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2005, 03:39:51 pm »

This is just a normal keyboard with a couple of stupid gimicks, im sorry but talk about a waste of money - what exactly is going to make this keyboard so much better than the one i use now ... a little strip that lights up and glows in the dark? gimme a freaking break. A Couple of little joystick/jog wheel things and a few extra programmable buttons - ok sure...

These are just standard keyboards with a few cheap and useless gimmicks, they arn't going to make you a better gamer or anything close. When someone actually designs a keyboard that works ergonomically and has genuinely useful features then i might take a look, but to be quite honest i think this is crap.

This is what I thought when I saw it - the left side of the wolfclaw basically seperates all the keys that you would use for an FPS - it would take the place of my nostoromo speedpad.  If an updated Speedpad came out I'd probably get one because I rarely use my keyboard for gaming anyway.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2005, 04:50:50 pm »

If there was a right handed Nostramo thingy gamepad id be tempted- but thats completely different from a keyboard with a glow strip on it!! Smiley

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Civrock
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2005, 05:09:47 pm »

It's not about the glowstrip (although it makes an additional light unnecessary for gamers who like to play in the dark, like me)... you're just completely overlooking everything else. Roll Eyes Check out the presentation, it's not just some "normal keyboard with a couple of stupid gimmicks"... you obviously don't have a clue about this area.

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2005, 05:31:29 pm »

If there was a right handed Nostramo thingy gamepad id be tempted- but thats completely different from a keyboard with a glow strip on it!! Smiley
Aren't you left handed?  Do you mean "If there was a Left handed Nostramo thingy"?[/size]

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2005, 05:37:51 pm »

It's not about the glowstrip (although it makes an additional light unnecessary for gamers who like to play in the dark, like me)... you're just completely overlooking everything else. Roll Eyes Check out the presentation, it's not just some "normal keyboard with a couple of stupid gimmicks"... you obviously don't have a clue about this area.

It serves the same purpose as a normal keyboard - because of this Synapse technology you say it doesn't have to use an external application but it doesn't need one anyway because keys can be changed in game.  Plus the Nostromo software is not a pain to configure and it can be configured seperatly for each game.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2005, 06:26:29 pm »

Aren't you left handed?  Do you mean "If there was a Left handed Nostramo thingy"?

Left handed... therefore use my left hand for the mouse - right hand for the keyboard...

hence why there are mice for people who are left handed (but just not enough or very decent)

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2005, 06:41:34 pm »

Your right civic i really don't have a clue. Lets look at the amazing features you listed, ooh ooh we could also quote that amazing press release etc.... a quick break down of which highlights the fact it has a little tiny screen so you can see scores etc, the fact their keyboard has keys (wow this really blew me away) oh and the fact that "A unique feature is the cool ambient illumination light source running underneath the keys, enabling the keys to be adequately lit for gaming in low or no light conditions...."

-1 OLED high resolution screen
 fantastic, my computer dosn't have a screen so that will be handy, finally i can see the game...

- 116 keys, 95 programable
Amazing! A keyboard with keys on it what will they think of next!!

- zero acoustic enhanced stroke keys
Yeah the keys i don't have on my keyboard are so loud that i am defend every time i press one and thus cannot hear the game at all so thats an excellent feature

- USB 2.0 HUB
Yes and?

- Mic and phone jacks
Astonishing, i was struggling so hard to have my headphones plugged into the back of the comp.

- Dual jog dial
Handy for those Close quarter gun battles in AA... Ok great if your a old school Arcade gamer

- Leader wrist rest
Fantastic

- blue ambient illumination
Brilliant... so let me get this straight. if i want to play ini the dark this is a light that will stop it from being dark? Any one else seeing the irony there?

- Razer Synapse: onboard memory with up to five storable profiles
And why would i want that? Because i have 4 other friends who are going to need unique keyboard profiles for when they come to play on my mac? suuure

- Open source/developement kit
For what? Programming keys? brilliant - id love to be able to set up the keys i don't have on my keyboard to do different things in games...

- Price ~ 20$ over competitions products
Don't get me started 

The sleek design of the Razer TarantulaTM is specially engineered for competitive gamers looking to get their hands on cool-looking Razer gaming peripherals.

Or rather

The unoriginal lack of design of the keyboard is exactly the same as every other stupid freaking keyboard out there, but we figure that enough dumb kids will belief that they will be l337 gamers if they have a keyboard thats called the "Razer Tarantula" cos it looks cool...  Gimme a freaking break.

Civrock

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2005, 06:58:22 pm »

Does your Apple keyboard offer any of these features? Roll Eyes You didn't even read what the screen is used for, you obviously don't care about comfort and you really have NO CLUE about the advantages of the other features like USB 2.0, Synapse, etc.

Sure... whatever. Let's not argue.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2005, 07:36:36 pm »

Ok fair enough...

The screen - yeah ok it can tell me if i have email... presumably if i have mail running that is... and most of us turn off all our apps before gaming. Then again personally i don't care if i have mail - it can wait till i finnish playing.

Programmable keys - i have no need for anything more than what i can currently do either through ingame customisation or through apple script and keybinds

The USB 2.0 HUB - Quite honestly how many people here need a USB 2 hub? honestly...

the mic and phone jacks, - most people i know have USB headsets - kinda rendering both those features irrelevant - ok nice if you don't have USB but personally id prefer to have the cable tucked round the back of the computer - not plugged into my keyboard.

Dual jog dial  - absolutly correct, my keyboard certainly dosn't have it. then again i don't need it - and again id ask apart from classic arcade gamers who in their right mind is going to either need or want a duel jog dial?

My keyboard is very comfy thank-you... if it wasn't comfy enough id get a little wrist pad to make it more comfy.

The lights... well if your working/gaming in the dark normally i find the screen illuminates your keyboard enough to see... but i don't find it some awesome feature (nice in the PB keyboards though but i bet it doesn't look that good)

Razor Synapse: onboard memory etc  - as i said before.

But your absolutely right. I have absolutely NO CLUE about any of this - ive never used a computer before or a keyboard, let alone know about programming keys on a keyboard and i cannot begin the comprehend the amazing gaming advantage you will suddenly have with your leet setup of having a USB2 hub in your keyboard

i think ive had enough of this topic.

Civrock

« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2005, 07:55:12 pm »

You still didn't get it... it's not about the USB 2.0 hub, it's about the keyboard supporting USB 2.0 in general. Faster transfer rates etc, I'm not gonna get into details.

And who needs a USB 2.0 hub? I do, and I have one by Belkin already. My Razer Copperhead is connected to it (which supports USB 2.0) and a USB 2.0 harddrive (even faster transfer rates than FW). And not to forget, all new iPods come with USB 2.0 (not FW anymore). Standard USB is slow as hell compared to it. Sure, I don't need it because I have one already... but in general, many people don't have one and it's certainly easier to, for example, connect your iPod to your keyboard than having to go under the table or so everytime, especially since it only has 1-3 USB 2.0 ports (if any at all, then you need a new Mac which has USB 2.0 in the first place).

Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2005, 09:07:28 pm »

If you want to play without speakers the best way to go is to get real headphones and get a separate mic. "Gaming headsets" are usually horrific in terms of sound quality and ergonomics.

I fell victim to the mighty marketing slogans.  Lips Sealed

Civrock

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2005, 09:17:45 pm »

That's because you got a fugly Logitech headset, n00b. Tongue Try one by Sennheiser or Plantronics...

God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2005, 01:57:34 am »

Faster transfer rates for a keyboard? - it already registers every key I type just fine I don't understand what else it can do for me.  I see no lag between when I hit the key and when it shows up on the screen while typing this.

Maybe there is and I just don't know.

jerkasaur

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2005, 08:40:43 am »

What you fail to realize BFG, is that if you spend $100+ on new keyboards/headsets, not only will you be slightly better at gaming, but you'll be better at life. Here's a simple little equation to prove what I'm talking about -

Money = New Stuff = Smiley Life

See? Don't you get it now?
Civrock

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2005, 08:45:44 am »

Pfft! Ignorants! Philistines!

Showing my ass

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2005, 09:44:09 am »

Ahhhhheeeaaaaaahhhh a ray of light has fallen and i can see clearly now, must go buy cheap gimmicks to make my life complete!!

Hehe Ty for that enlightenment Jerk, now at last i can be better at life.

ok ok i've finnished now civic Wink enjoy Shaving your Spider and bity fish!!

God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2005, 10:05:25 pm »

I'd say from being a cqb-mate with BFG that he does pretty fucking well with a crappy apple keyboard and two button microsoft mouse.

Proof that sexy hardware does not make a better player.

theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

the first mexican-american idol

« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2005, 03:51:38 am »

BFG, why are you fighting with Mommy?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads