*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:50:32 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip
| | |-+  Tech Talk (Moderators: *DAMN Hazard, Civrock, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | | |-+  Round two: Apples October 19th Event
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Round two: Apples October 19th Event  (Read 10312 times)
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« on: October 15, 2005, 11:40:40 am »

Apple Computer is once again gathering the press together as it rolls out new innovations. The latest invitation-only event will be held in New York City on October 19, 2005 on the eve of PhotoPlus Expo. Apple doesn't say exactly what the press conference will be about, but the invitation sent to MacCentral asks to join them as "we unveil Apple's latest pro innovations."

This will be the third special product focused event that Apple has held in just over a month. On September 7, Apple launched the iPod nano and just this week they unveiled the video iPod and new iMac

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Civrock
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 02:49:18 pm »

Apple schedules special event for Oct. 19

Apple is continuing its trend of holding special media events to unveil new products, this time with an invitation-only gathering on Wednesday, October 19th. The press event is scheduled to take place just one week after the company used a similar conference to unveil a new video-capable iPod, updated iMac, and iTunes 6.

As with past special events, the Mac and iPod maker only hinted to what it might introduce. The invitation sent to members of the press indicated the company would use the New York City conference to "unveil Apple’s latest pro innovations." The invitation for Apple's October 12th event was event more vague -- it teased recipients with CEO Steve Jobs' famous "One More Thing..." line.

More revealing was Apple's September 7th tease, which alluded to the launch of the original iPod, stating, "1000 songs in your pocket changed everything. Here we go again." At that event, Apple unveiled the 1000-song iPod nano.

Sources have said that Apple is ready to unveil new Power Macs and PowerBooks at the event next week. The machines were originally expected to debut at Apple Expo in Paris, but unexpected issues in the development process delayed their launch.

Sources have also hinted at a photography-related announcement, but very few details are known.

It's worth noting, however, that the Apple event is scheduled for the eve of the PhotoPlus Expo, also in New York City.

Apple Photo Pro?

Adobe recently solicited feedback from a number of its customers on the direction and potential features of Creative Suite 3. Sources who participated in an online survey passed along word last month that one page specifically compared Photoshop CS3 with what purported to be a yet unannounced Apple product, Photo Pro.

It's not clear whether the Apple Photo Pro identified in the survey is conjectural or based on Adobe's market intelligence. While Think Secret sources said they have heard rumblings of such an Apple product—which would more resemble iPhoto on steroids than a Photoshop competitor—none could confirm the product's development status.

The Adobe survey presented Photo Pro as a product geared towards photographers who handle numerous images regularly, offering extensive batch processing features and several automated features.

Among those listed were one-click importing with automatic backup to a second location, batch processing of metadata on import, rapid image browsing, support for multiple RAW settings per image, integrated high-quality camera raw processing, automated multi-page prints, and flexible contact sheet creation.

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 04:24:16 pm »

I only hope that the rumors of an abandoned 12' powerbook aren't true: I would love to see a 12 or 13.3 widescreen PB with higher res with a powerful ATI card in it and maybe some Mhz more.

I also hope that the rumors of no speed gains aren't true. I would love to see a 1.9 - 2Ghz G4 7448 powerbook(7448 has been said to have 1.7Ghz but Apple always overclocks them).

My mom needs a powerbook so she could buy my beloved communtity sponsored one and I get a new one for just 100-200bucks =)

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2005, 07:21:37 pm »

I need a DP G5 (hopfully Duel Core) running 2.5Ghz or more (pretty please)... PCIe with a shit hot graphics card inside, 1GB of DDR Ram (as standard, and cheap DDR ram so i can triple it) Massive bloody fast HD, oh and costing no more than about £2000. Oh perhaps with a 23inch apple display chucked in for free Wink ... yeah well wake me up when i stop dreaming.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 11:43:50 am »

Todays the big day and yet the 'rumor sites' really havnt' managed to well... there are reports of stores getting deliverys of new powermacs and powerbooks, there are rumours of a new 'pro iphoto on drugs' app for photographers, and there are rumors that really nobody knows what the hell is going to happen.

on the good side the venue is different so we might actually get near live feeds of what happens as the guests will (hopfully) have phone reception / wireless net access.

I had a look at the NVidia 6600 and well it didn't blow me away - i guess id depends which version of the card we get, but considering it (considering the imacs have now) will be PCIe there are some much better offerings now available!

Anyway latest rumor links at thinksecret and mac rumors don't tell us much more... god damn im so inpatient! anyone heard anything else or know of any decently 'reliable' rumor sites?

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2005, 03:42:22 pm »

What time does it start? And if you can convert that to U.S. Central Standard Time, I would really appreciate it.  Wink

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2005, 03:55:33 pm »

lol.

Jacob K. Javits Convention Center at 12:00 Noon Eastern time.... which is 5PM GMT (/Zulu)

i'll let you work out the conversion Wink

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2005, 04:04:14 pm »

Jacob K. Javits Convention Center at 12:00 Noon Eastern time.... which is 5PM GMT (/Zulu)

Okay, then that's 11:00 am my time (I live in Zulu -6).  You can always give me Zulu Time...I have my watch set to it at all times (it's what we used in the military).

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2005, 04:07:41 pm »

Which makes life easy for me given that Zulu is exactly the same as GMT (which i of course run on!).

I can't work, i keep hopping  between going to the apple store and doing my 'fantasy shopping' session, reading up on all the Nvidia workstation graphics cards etc and the mac rumor sites...

my god this is one desperate BFG.

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2005, 04:47:38 pm »

my god this is one desperate BFG.

I'm desperate too...if they upgrade the PowerBooks enough I still have time to send my new one back!  Wink

Civrock

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2005, 05:45:26 pm »

We got new products in at the Apple Store yesterday... but I can't tell you which ones yet. If Hardware... or Software... which Hardware... Wink

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2005, 06:05:00 pm »

Ok its 12:00 Already... why hasn't the show started!

- think secret (server stopped responding)
- mac daily news (server stopped responding)
- mac in touch (server stopped responding)

its quarter past and i don't see any information anywhere... civic can't remember where u got your info from last time but are they up and running? or do we have a network/phone net black out like last time?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 06:14:42 pm by BFG » Logged

Civrock

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2005, 06:15:15 pm »

David Moody, Apple vice-president for international marketing of products just entered the stage and announced that there will be new hardware and software today.

The 12" Powerbook got discontinued, the 15" got a bigger resolution (as big as the old 17" Powerbook now, 1440x900) and the new 17" Powerbook has the resolution of the 20" Apple Cinema Display (1680x1050).
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 06:17:39 pm by Civic » Logged

Civrock

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2005, 06:20:15 pm »

New PowerMacs: All new configurations have Dual-Core chips, with PCI-Express and up to 16 GB RAM (533 MHz DDR2). Shocked The maximum HD capacity is 1 TB, still only 2 HD slots..

The 12" Powerbooks are still there, not discontinued, but there configurations didn't change.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 06:23:37 pm by Civic » Logged

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2005, 06:20:53 pm »

New PowerMacs: All new configurations have Dual-Core chips, with PCI-Express and up to 16 GB RAM (533 MHz DDR2).  The maximum HD capacity is 1 TB, still only 2 HD slots..

• Is that DP Duel core - or a single duel core processor?
• 1GB max is ok - just means having an external set up as well (which most of us have) (i smell 2x500GB drives in a RAID Wink )
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 06:30:22 pm by BFG » Logged

Civrock

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2005, 06:26:22 pm »

Prices: 12"-PowerBook 1.499 US$, 15" 1.999 US$ and the 17" PowerBook 2.499 US$.

Their batteries last 22% longer and they support one external 30" Cinema Display now. They're available from today.

It's not Steve Jobs who's doing the Keynote today.

The fastest "Quad"-System reaches 8 FPUs, 4 AltiVec-Engines und 4x 1 MB L2-Cache 76,6 Gigaflops! There's one DualCore-configuration with 2 GHz for 1,999 Dollar, a 2,3 GHz DualCore for 2,499 Dollar and a Quad (Dual-Dual-Core)-modell for 3,299 Dollar.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 06:31:40 pm by Civic » Logged

Civrock

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2005, 06:29:56 pm »

The prices of the Cinema Displays got decreased: 23" Display costs now 1.299 US$ (formerly 1.499 US$) and the 30"-modell is now 2.499 US$ (formerly 2.999 US$).

The new available graphics card in the new PowerMacs is the "Quadro FX 4500" by Nvidia.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 06:37:59 pm by Civic » Logged

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2005, 06:31:57 pm »

The fastest "Quad"-System reaches 76,6 Gigaflops! There's one DualCore-configuration with 2 GHz for 1,999 Dollar, a 2,3 GHz DualCore for 2,499 Dollar and a Quad (Dual-Dual-Core)-modell for 3,299 Dollar.

Back in a moment, i need to put clean underwear on.

THATS ONLY £1800 !! MY GOD WHAT SPEED IS THAT RUNNING 2,3?

Civrock

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2005, 06:34:34 pm »

Rob Schoeben, vice president of applications marketing, enters the stage and announces "Aperture". An application for professional photographs, post-production. "A kind of Final Cut Pro for picture editing." I'm not gonna explain all features of the app... too much text.

.mac users will be able to upload pictures to their accounts from the app and even order high res prints from Apple online.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 06:39:33 pm by Civic » Logged

Civrock

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2005, 06:36:24 pm »

MY GOD WHAT SPEED IS THAT RUNNING 2,3?

The both lower configurations have Single Dual-Core, only the top modell has Dual Dual-Core.

Little sum up:

- Upgrades to the 15" and 17" PowerBooks.
- 15" gets a new display with 1440 x960 resolution, while the 17" will get 1680 x1050. Both will be brighter thanprevious models and have better battery life.
- SuperDrives will be standard and all will support Apple's 30" Cinema HD Display
- Prices start at $1,499 for 12", $1,999 for 15" and $2,499 for 17".
- Powerbooks ship today

- PowerMac G5s updated
- Dual core processors, up to 16GB of DDR2 RAM, 1TB of internal storage, PCI Express
- Four new nVidia cards, including the Quadro FX 4500 - all four cards support 30" cinema display - PowerMac G5 Quad, with dual dual-core processors
- Single dual-core 2.0 GHz CPU version is $1,999; single dual core 2.3Ghz is $2,499; dual CPU dual-core is $3,299

- 23" and 30" cinema displays drop in price, 23" down to $1,299, 30" down to $2,499
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 06:43:14 pm by Civic » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads