*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 02:06:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cheating witch hunt  (Read 5706 times)
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2005, 02:41:30 am »

I would like to respectfully request that the admins recreate (again) and post their proof (in multiple views) that rabbit was actually cheating in the form of a replay with AnonADMIN as the player name.
Had we been asked on Typhys hack we could and would have done so to avoid the doubt of our accusations.

Prudence at this point Demands it.

This will not in anyway encourage it, matter of fact it will show that it can be spotted in replay, and then we'll all know for CERTAIN either way if the ban was righteous.

Its only FAIR, and its the RIGHT thing do do considering the volume of protest.
Witholding this critical peice will only encourage the suspicion,
and not end it, as Im sure the admins would like.

I guarantee that will absolutely shut the debate down.
Becuase this debate here, is accomplishing nothing,
and the naysayers  are making what sound to me like legit points.

And I bet, to a person, on being shown multiple view reproductions of the supposed hack woud cause the naysayers to immediately withdraw their Rabbit Appeals..and perhaps apologize to the admin staff for the anger on the issue.

In the intrest of Justic, please post some admin replays.

What he said, please give us teh proof.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2005, 02:46:19 am »

I would like to respectfully request that the admins recreate (again) and post their proof (in multiple views) that rabbit was actually cheating in the form of a replay with AnonADMIN as the player name.

For all the public knows the proof was no greater than the proof originally brought from the public to the admins... and that proof (the replay) showed that he indeed lagged off the ramp and was not shooting through a wall as it seemed. So unless the admins know something we don't I don't think they have any 'proof' that will prove deumrabbit guilty. Which is why this issue is still being argued.

(And I'm not saying they have no other proof... they could for all I know)

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2005, 02:47:38 am »

oh, and for the record, i 100% defend the notion of posting that video in the first place..i would have done the same, and feel that the poster would retract his accusation if he were proven wrong, I believe him to be fair and objective, and do not fault him for feeling that something was amiss...

I discovered why the buddha laughs.
The truth is so horrifying, it's funny.
Liberate

« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2005, 02:49:51 am »

We bought the game the day it came out for Mac. GG!

If you'd like to explain in greater detail how it works, by all means, fucking enlighten us.
That's what they make school for. Where do you think I learned it? Yeah, I was born knowing it, right.

Go look it up online or something. There's plenty of ways to teach yourself all this shit. Half of it you get from experience. The problem with your experience is it's lacking a real game. GHR is a good game, don't get me wrong. The thing is, it doesn't display your ping. It doesn't have built in VoiceCom, and it doesn't let you change rates for upload and download. You can't tweak your rates so you get the lowest ping possible on a server with whatever ISP you're using. Apart from that, half the people that play GHR on gameranger are all over the world. You get servers hosted from europe with US and aussie players on it. You get American servers with euros and aussies on it. You get aussies hosting with americans and euros playing. Each one of those is 250+ ping in addition to whatever you normally get from local (national servers, not international) which for Rabbit is 160+. It's ridiculous, but here's the facts. There's 2 ISP's where we live. One is this DSL that is on all the time, but you get shitty ass pings and download rates. The other is Comcast Cable over which we get around 20 ping within the US and insanely fast download speeds. The problem with Comcast is it drops the connection every 5 minutes. In other words, you lose internet every 5 minutes (you get disconnected, your downloads stop, etc).

Even if they post the replays and you guys claim he hacks, I'll be here flaming away. Why? Rabbit didn't hack, it's that simple. I'm dead serious. I will make a copy of his hard drive without modifying it at all and send it to whoever. Why should you believe me/trust me? I'd pay for the hard drive and the shipping in order to clear his name on some crappy graphics mac game. Who in their right mind would waste the time and money to do such a thing if the guy was hacking?

I'm going to have to say the same thing. I guess you have to start somewhere, even if it means making hackusations against good players. Sorry Ive.

~Lib

Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2005, 02:54:33 am »

It doesn't have built in VoiceCom
premie chat, netphone, ichat... why does it have to built into the game?
I will make a copy of his hard drive without modifying it at all and send it to whoever. Why should you believe me/trust me? I'd pay for the hard drive and the shipping in order to clear his name on some crappy graphics mac game. Who in their right mind would waste the time and money to do such a thing if the guy was hacking?
do eet! not that it would prove anything, I just think it'd be a funny waste of time and money. But I agree, rabbit is innocent unless/until the admins come up with a better explanation and more evidence.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 03:23:22 am by cO.krush » Logged

-ViP-PUNiSHER
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2005, 03:12:20 am »

The Deumbrabbit incident should have never been posted on these forums.  That game had nothing to do with the DBL league so it shouldn't be an issue with the league,  it's complete bullshit that you prevent this guy from playing.  The only people I blame for this inncident is "{E}TheOneCapt and the Admins".  You should of posted this on your {E} clan website or in the Mac gaming Forum because this has nothing to do with the DBL league.  Yes "TheOneCapt" it may appear like rabbit is cheating in that replay but you don't know for sure do you?  So why would you even post that as "Deumbrabbit caught cheating"?  He just payed for a premium account before all this started, and now you screwed him out of using it in CB's.  Since when does the Battle League get involved in gameranger public room games.  I posted a replay of Pharah cheating in a practice CB game and was told this isn't an issue because it's not a league game.  
I have seen and heard clan people have retextured some of their Ghr maps.  Does that mean I should post pictures and proof of that in here because they could be cheating?  Even though it has nothing to do with an actual DBL league game.  There's no proof of a hack so how can you ban for using a hack?

I am calling out the admin's right now to post the proof they have that shows they could recreate what happened to rabbit.[/b]
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 03:39:46 am by =US=PUNiSHER » Logged
RoeM

« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2005, 03:20:01 am »

$50.- spent by a 14 yr old that wanted to cb in the leugue wasted for a year. That to me is equivelant to $999.- wasted as an adult. (not that I'm rich) Darn shame that he wasted all that money only to be made an example of without proof.

C'mon, benefit of the doubt? Innocent untill proven guilty?

(keep the hope alive!)
cO.twist

« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2005, 03:22:19 am »

the evidence Ghost said there was about Rabbit does'nt get shared with me as clan leader of =US=

i got no evidence!!! i said what can be done or not, i have no authority in judging and no wich to loose  time with it
got nothing pro or against rabbit i hope he is clear and that soon all people will be

That's all the evidence that the admins have...if you can even understand it.
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2005, 03:22:27 am »

That game had nothing to do with the DBL league so it shouldn't be an issue with the league

that is false... he's a member of a clan competeing in the league which makes it a *DAMN issue.

But let's see the proof... and if there is no proof, let's get a formal apology to =US= and especially Deumrabbit... and a reversal of the original punishment.

And no... I'm not "turning on the admin team" lol mearly pointing out a bad call. And it is a bad call unless proven otherwise with proof, proof which should have been released to the public in the original arguement.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 03:27:26 am by cO.krush » Logged

(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2005, 03:32:42 am »

Wow, if the pro and con guys woud stop fighting each OTHER, and took a minute to ask respectfully for consideration, you JUST might get a respectful and meaningful response from the admin team.  They are pretty reasonable people who are (in my opinion) making an effort to be fair and subjective, while protecting the integrity of the CB season...

Stop insulting them, just becuase you disagree with the ruling, (for all WE know, they DID prove it to their own satisfaction) and ask politely as I am trying to do, to enlighten us that know less than others, and I stand by my route to get this accomplished.  I stand by my assertion that while you may not see it, they are trying their best to be fair, while doing their job of protecting the league.

And the WHOLE point of any of this is to protect the game,so even if you think Rabbit was clean, have the foresight to realize how it could seem fishy.....and yes since there werent multiple examples of Rabbit, the case is harder to prove off that replay....but i see how it looked bad...and if they DO send up the replay proof, then Rabbit will have some serious explaing to do,for allowing this to get out of hand.

Just ease up,and calm down a bit.

I discovered why the buddha laughs.
The truth is so horrifying, it's funny.
cO.twist

« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2005, 03:38:06 am »

none of the admins have said anything about it since the ruling...what makes you think that they are even thinking about changing the decision?
Malign

Kill or be Killed!!

« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2005, 03:48:25 am »

theweakspot. Idiot. IF YOU WATCH THE REPLAY, HE LAGS (he can't move, turn, shoot or anything ACCURATELY) FOR ABOUT 5 SECONDS. WHEN HE STOPS LAGGING, HE WARPS INTO THE GLITCH. Honestly, you all have experienced lag in GHR before, you teleport all over the fucking place. Rabbit has said it countless times and if you want more demos to prove it happens all the time JUST SAY SOMETHING.
ok from myreplay that i have watched over and over countless times, i see nothing of rabbit lagging warping ect. and run staright into that corner after going up the other ramp on left side of map. especially for 5 secs. im running an imac g5 1 gig even if u dont care. i dont know about the rest of ppl cept kit that has same comp but more ram if he sees the same thing i do. id like to know.

as for shooting thru walls... ive seen some glitches that u look thru walls and still shoot pplbut the other person still sees them next to wall and can shoot them as well.

for replays and what u see are 2 differnet things u only see what the host computers seeslike if u were in a  glitch u can see thru walls but the other person sees u as normaland all textures being there. mb its just a glitch and not a hack. since im just a noob i really could be talking out of my ass. but from my veiw i see rabbit shooting thru the wall and hitting trees next to stern guy or what ever his name was and missing while firing . so he took his noob stick (gl) what ever u want to call it and blow him awya with it.

im not really mad at him and leave or anything when he joins  room, im just there for fun. but at the same time im in the bl so i have to obide by there rules in cb's.

cO.twist

« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2005, 04:02:44 am »

im just going to say this then i'll stop talking.

That replay will look identical on any comp that you watch it from..  Its the lagless game from the host's point of view, which isn't at all what was going on from rabbit's pov.

as for shooting thru walls... ive seen some glitches that u look thru walls and still shoot pplbut the other person still sees them next to wall and can shoot them as well.

That's right..the ONLY time you can shoot through walls on someone else's host is if you are in a glitch.  There is no other way.  Period.
theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

the first mexican-american idol

« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2005, 04:04:51 am »

theweakspot, I may be a loud mouth, but at least I'm correct and well-informed which is much more than I can say for you, as sad as it may seem.

Dude... slow your roll.... breathe.... take a breath.... calm the fuck down..... no one stole your cloudsong... In these forums, like in life, I talk to rational people.  So calm down.  OK, ready?

Well informed?  Well, I was here the day it happened and posted the replay that shows that he did not even try to go up the steps.  Punisher should me a replay he was able to get that showed he did.  So I changed my mind about Rabbit.  But you weren't here for that, were you?  Now tell me, still think you are well informed?

=US= Punisher can inform you about all of this, since i talked to him a lot about this as it went down, or even DeUmRaBbIt himself.  Go inform yourself.

Find me where I am now accusing Rabbit of glitching or cheating...... IM NOT.  If you had read things sensibly, you would realize that I was on your side.  I don't think it was lag--- that was my well informed opinion.

I won't recount everything with you-- you are well informed and have already read the original thread on this board and the special forces board where this all got started, right?

My comment about being a loudmouth was simple.  But let me break it down further.  Punisher did a GREAT job of showing people where it might be possible that Rabbit did nothing wrong.  He took his time.  He TALKED.  He didnt belittle people.  He was rational.  He managed to convince lots of people.

You, my angry friend, have pissed many off and are hurting the cause you are trying to push.  You are being a grade A loudmouth.  Calm down and state your case.  You say you are some sort of admin and seem to know something about computers.  Take a tip from me regarding interpersonal relations.... calm down, state your case and let people decide.  It's called be rational.

Or is yelling to get your point across what your life has taught you?

Liberate

« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2005, 04:07:31 am »

They are pretty reasonable people who are (in my opinion) making an effort to be fair and subjective, while protecting the integrity of the CB season...
Right. They're so reasonable they banned Rabbit for not hacking.

ok from myreplay that i have watched over and over countless times, i see nothing of rabbit lagging warping ect. and run staright into that corner after going up the other ramp on left side of map. especially for 5 secs. im running an imac g5 1 gig even if u dont care. i dont know about the rest of ppl cept kit that has same comp but more ram if he sees the same thing i do. id like to know.
No..shit... How thick can you get? It's a G5. I would be terribly disappointed if a G5 lagged on something like GHR. Another thing, the GHR demo system is shitty. As I exlpained before, it looks different for whoever watches it. Difference in comp specs and internet quality between the server and the player and the person watching the demo causes the alignment and timing to completely fuck up. I would FRAPS you a demo of how it lags for us here, but FRAPS is a PC app and GHR runs perfect on my AMD.

He warped right to the edge and then fell off which is a glitch. From there you can lean INTO the wall and shoot through it. I've done it myself on maps like dust and such. It's an exploit with many maps. Map bugs and exploits are meant to be fixed, but that's another story. The host doesn't see a player lagging because of the way GHR works. The reason you warp in ghost recon and no other game is simple. The server tries to compensate for your ping and attempts to predict the path it thinks you would have take and updates your position over time depending on how bad you're lagging. If you want, I'll open MSpaint and show you what I mean. This is what causes the warping as Rabbit calls it. The server uses the teleport cvar to update your position, hence the teleporting. That's why you can't see the lag. I can might be able to use SnapzProX or whatever the hell it's called to get a movie of what it looks like on his comp. I don't know though. It can barely handle GHR and I don't know how it would respond to Snapz recording in the background.

weakspot you idiot. Read what I just typed. Just read it. Your demo shows absoluetly nothing. What you see on the demo is not what Rabbit sees when he lags. Get over your fucking bullshit demo already.

Twist sums up the hacking part.

~Lib
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2005, 04:08:17 am »

Is anyone saying anything new in this thread, or are you all just yelling?

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Malign

Kill or be Killed!!

« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2005, 04:09:38 am »

then how come he says that didnt u see the lag for about 5 secs? i sure didnt so if im wrong then how did someone else see the lag? just wondering
theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

the first mexican-american idol

« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2005, 04:12:19 am »

weakspot you idiot. Read what I just typed. Just read it. Your demo shows absoluetly nothing. What you see on the demo is not what Rabbit sees when he lags. Get over your fucking bullshit demo already.

you cant read, can you... i said im not against you   lol

Spike, lock it.... everyone is saying we want proof for Rabbit, but liberate insists on just being a dick.

spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2005, 04:13:47 am »

yep, nothing is being said here that i havent seen 20 times before. im locking this for now.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads