*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 01:50:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Cocobolo Mods (Moderators: Cobra6, Cocobolo)
| | |-+  NED bug report. please post ONLY here
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NED bug report. please post ONLY here  (Read 12861 times)
Cocobolo
God bless the freaks

Audaces Fortuna Iuvat..

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2004, 10:29:32 pm »

You can play the mod just fine with out the expansions, either one, but you can't play the NED missions unless you have all 3. (gr, ds, it)
All other missions in GR will work fine!

Official Plankholder
DTD Pro Mod Team
Cocobolo Ops Modifications
http://www.planetrainbowsix.com/dtd

piksey
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2004, 01:22:25 pm »

I don't know if the following classify as bugs but they certainly seem to be a problem in the game:

1. muzzle flash for the grey wolf sniper rifle at a 90? angle from the barrel line up + not at end of barrel but at stock

2. muzzle flash for the urban m4 (i think) inverted.

3. single shot sound for ak 47s, sr 47, shot gun (+ maybe some other weapon) accesses the grenade explosion wav file and not their relative wav files as visualised in the gun editor for IGOR.

4. mp5 k SD disappears when not being used by the soldier.

so far these are the problems i've seen in this otherwise excellent mod (best i've ever seen infact). There may be others similar to the ones i've mentioned. any chance of correcting these mishaps??

cya and keep up the great work on the dtd mods (all 3 are excellent).  Huh       Roll Eyes
Cocobolo
God bless the freaks

Audaces Fortuna Iuvat..

« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2004, 01:36:08 am »

The muzzle flash issues and sound issues are corrected in the forthcoming 1.5 patch, thanks for the compliments!

Official Plankholder
DTD Pro Mod Team

Kristian
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2004, 05:43:00 pm »

Hi peeps at DTD pro mod team,

as it's shown in the first post of this thread the list of bugs that are addressed to in the 1.3 patch all seem to occur on my computer even with the 1.4 patch installed. I still have grenades that sound like my gun, I still crash when cycling through the MP kits on both rifleman and demo. The position and size of the LAW are still incorrect. I haven't checked for the other bugs actively yet, but i'm sure they are there.

So my question is as follows: "Are these problems fixed yet, or did I do something wrong in the first place?"

I downloaded NED full 1.3 about a half year (?) ago (Too long back to remember exactly but 1.3 was just out) and installed it back after reinstalling my whole computer (WXP, ghost recon (and DS/IT)). I then got the patch for 1.4 from a friend. I joined the server hosting the game and got a CTD while picking a nice weapon to play with. None of the others have this problem. As long as I don't cycle the full list of the weapons I don't crash.

Then I decided to do some testing on the integrity of my hdd (and do a disk-defrag while i'm at it) but no errors where found and with half an hour my disk was defragmented. I uninstalled NED 1.4 (and offcourse 1.3) and reinstalled it again, but had a new download running from fileplanet for both 1.3 full and 1.4.

As you expect, the errors where still there. The following day (today) I find my download completed and decide to reinstall it. But to my dissapointment nothing has changed and I'm still bashing my head to the wall as we speak. I tried to find some more details on bugfixes, but found no documents on that with the mod itself (Huh why not Huh) and also checking these forums and other articles on your mod did not bring me any closer to a solution.

How come I'm the only one suffering these problems (clearly) while I'm doing everything by the book?

(BTW: I know u guys are not a helpdesk, believe me, I know what a helpdesk is but this is just beyond me...so any help is much appreciated)
WardenMac
God bless the freaks

Life is tough, its tougher if your stupid

« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2004, 07:39:13 pm »

We dont mind anyone coming in and asking questions. Im not a file guy, so I cant help much. Coco is working on a update that should address everything. Im sure he can be more specific.....

Cocobolo
God bless the freaks

Audaces Fortuna Iuvat..

« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2004, 09:04:40 pm »

NED 1.5 will correct the frag/ak sound bug, the MP CTD's that were actually caused intermittently by the actor names in he MP files, now you will see your own name in the MP box. I have tested all the kit restrictons and no CTD's when selecting any weapon with 1.5 installed. There are a couple other small things that were updated, but nothing that affects gameplay. Aside from a few muzzle flash issues which can't be correctd without remodelling some models (original max files are not around anymore)
I also added the M1911 to the pistols only kitrestriction, and updated the m1911 texture.I am hoping that this patch will make NED bug free.

Remember, NED missions are SP only. All others should work ok. I have been LAN testing the mod this weekend and will test for several more days, then the 1.5 patch will be released. Hang on till then and you should be ok.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2004, 09:37:21 pm by Cocobolo » Logged

Official Plankholder
DTD Pro Mod Team

walnut
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2004, 04:53:23 pm »

awesome!

got an eta?  Grin

NED is a rockin' mod -- definitely one of my top 5.
thanks, coco.
walnut
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2004, 05:58:49 pm »

incidentally, will there be a single-file installer for this upgrade, or will it simply be "patch #3"?
Cocobolo
God bless the freaks

Audaces Fortuna Iuvat..

« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2004, 02:19:29 am »

The downloads page will be simplified, I actually have already redone it and just am waiting to upload it. There will be the 2 file 1.3  installer,  and the 1.5 patch. I may also add the 1.5 full install as a single file, I probably will.

Besides those, the only other available download for NED will be the Woodland Variation stand alone mod. So a lot less to look at as far as the confusion factor.

Official Plankholder
DTD Pro Mod Team

Kristian
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2004, 12:37:58 pm »

Hey dOOds,

I corrected the problem by downloading the full 1.2 (didn't even know it still existed) version and then applying patch 1.3 and 1.4. Sure there maybe some bugs still in it, but the most annoying, like a CTD when choosing your weapons Wink , are gone. Guess in my case (maybe in everyone's case) full install of 1.3 and then 1.4 doesn't solve the bugs mentioned being solved in version 1.3.

Oh well, I'm just happy to be playing this mod now with the guys at Ghostaholic.com (El nino clan) who claimed this mod to be their Mod of the Month! I can't blame 'm, because of the excellent characters, skins and weaps.

Keep up the good work!
walnut
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2004, 04:56:25 pm »

hello coco, is the NED patch/new version getting any closer to seeing a release?
Cocobolo
God bless the freaks

Audaces Fortuna Iuvat..

« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2004, 01:05:27 am »

Yeah it is, I just haven't had the same amount of time lately. I'll update with info.

Official Plankholder
DTD Pro Mod Team

kp7
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2004, 05:44:04 am »

I found a problem causing sniper Carlo Newport to crash DS maps.  There's a mistake in the XML for the face model in:

Ghost Recon\Mods\{DTD_no_easy_day}\Actor\MP Actor Files\Platoon 1\mp_plt1_snip.atr

8,9c8,9
<         <ModelFace>advdes3.rsb</ModelFace>
<       <BlinkFaceName>advdes3_blink.rsb</BlinkFaceName>
---
>         <DesertModelFace>advdes3.rsb</DesertModelFace>
>       <DesertBlinkFace>advdes3_blink.rsb</DesertBlinkFace>

ModelFace and BlinkFaceName are defined twice, but the Desert forms are not defined.

kp7
Suicide_Commando
God bless the freaks

-Sicut Nox Silentes-

« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2004, 02:41:33 am »

Coco, are you gonna post pics of the new stuff coming in the NED 1.5 patch or release anytime soon. I know you're busy with the new job and all, just curious.  Smiley
« Last Edit: August 19, 2004, 03:39:06 am by Suicide_Commando » Logged

Cocobolo
God bless the freaks

Audaces Fortuna Iuvat..

« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2004, 02:40:35 am »

Yeah, just have to get my crap together, lol I'll find some time and get some shots.

Official Plankholder
DTD Pro Mod Team

Suicide_Commando
God bless the freaks

-Sicut Nox Silentes-

« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2004, 03:27:41 am »

Cool, can't wait to see what you did with the Crye multi-camo. Thanks Coco.

walnut
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2004, 06:07:56 am »

same here!!!

i've been checking back here a few times every day.....

... released yet?
nope!
... released yet?
nope!
... released yet?
nope!
Tongue
walnut
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2004, 03:49:37 am »

... nope!
walnut
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2004, 01:52:02 am »

...nope!
Suicide_Commando
God bless the freaks

-Sicut Nox Silentes-

« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2004, 03:00:38 am »

lol, I'm sure Coco'll post news of the upcoming releases soon walnut. Just alittle more patience...  Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads