*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:28:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Cocobolo Mods (Moderators: Cobra6, Cocobolo)
| | |-+  The Five Yard Line.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Five Yard Line.  (Read 5046 times)
Ejl2001 @ School
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2003, 04:58:51 pm »

i'll have the videos for u all to see sometime this month... the only vid's from during the game were a quick mission briefing and a FUNNY AS HELL potential spy interrogation... everything else was segments from the car ride up there and the bonfire at the end b4 we left.

IT WAS COLD. 2 feet deep was the snow, EVERY ACRE of that field. i have a couple good war stories, im sure jay has some too, but i dont know how he did cuz we all were separated for the most part. i didnt get hit once. not a welt on me whatsoever! cuz im just that good... =]

since we left early (it was a blizzard by the time we left, so we needed to leave sooner rather than later to ensure a safe drive home) cuz if the mountainous winter-like wether, i dont know which side won. it was way fun tho.

got myself a red-dot sight for my gun, some badass knee pads and a new mask (JT Spectra) .... so im happy.
Ejl2001 @ School
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2003, 05:00:38 pm »

im sure jay has some too, ...

um ... oops, sorry bro Sad
Whisper_44
Forum Whore

Mac's Bitch

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2003, 06:52:02 pm »

The truth comes out....

Suicide_Commando
God bless the freaks

-Sicut Nox Silentes-

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2003, 07:03:21 pm »

Uhm, how was it though?  Did you guys have a good time, etc.  Details, we wanna hear details.    Grin

Ejl2001 @ School
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2003, 03:19:08 am »

i just found out today that the Germans ... ... *ulp* ... won. fuck.

alright tho, it was freezing and we couyldnt fiht as well as we ormally could have because of the 2 feet of snow everywhere. so next D-Day, hopefully the allies will get their act toether.

me and one of my friends (along with 3 other ppl) ambushed a german supply convoy close to the allied insertion and we wiped them out one by one. it was great. they dropped their supplies and walked to the dead zone. without a doubt we went to take what they dropped and among the "boxes of supplies" was a long 4 foot long black pole. when we asked a ref what this prop was, he said it was none other than a bazooka. now, i didnt et demolition cuz by the tme we got there that day other ppl grabbed all the roles b4 we did. so they said we had to find a demo guy and give it to him. this was like looking for a jap in china. they were hard to find! so we got to the castle and gave it to the demo uy there. the castle was alreay under attack by a tightly grouped squad of germans, so when mr demo was finished telling the ref who he was "blowing up", there went the erman offensive for the time being! when we got tyo the castle tho we were like "merrry christmas everyone look what we found!" and with lee our comerads foun a use for our one shot rocket launcher.

that was the highlight of my day.

the fiht for those supplies was awesome, we massacred them.

quote of the day 1: American interrogator: "How do u spell spy?" ... Potential Spy: "S-P-Y?" ... American Interrogator: "No, thats wrong! It's spelled G...E...R...M..."

quote of the day 2: "UR NOT GETTING IN TILL U IVE US THE PASSWORD!" ... "FUCK YOU!" ... " Ok he's good.... he's American!"

LOL we had a blast Cheesy

Ejl2001 @ School
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2003, 03:22:53 am »

omg the keyboards suck....

lee = glee
ermans = germans
tyo = to
et = get
fiht =fight
foun = found

lol sorry
Suicide_Commando
God bless the freaks

-Sicut Nox Silentes-

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2003, 05:03:54 am »

omg that sounds soo cool. Damn, wish I still had a pball gun. Ah well I look forward to seeing the video.

{E}LuSiVe

too late! viva taco bell...

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2003, 05:11:35 am »

the video is a 2 minute long ibnterrogation of a potential spy.... no action in it, cuz if there was any action that day (believe me there was) ... i was busy, hehe.... the interrogation is FUNNY tho.... it reminds me of an episode of cops! be aware tho that when u ppl DO see it, it may be a lil blurry (ive adjusted the camera since then) but basically everyone in the castle in the background has their gun pointed at this poor guy... lol

when i do finally get the video for u guys, listen carefully; one minute the guy sez he brought the rocket launchers there cuz the ref sez he needs a demo guy to use them, next minute they find another id tag on him that sez he's a demo guy.... so thats what tipped us off that he wanted to somehow use the rockets himself.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2003, 05:18:11 am by Ejl2001 » Logged

{E}LuSiVe[/u][/i]
---

---
"THREE DOLLARS! Cool, that gets me another scratch-off..."
Cocobolo
God bless the freaks

Audaces Fortuna Iuvat..

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2003, 09:28:27 pm »

Winter wars!
I trucked up there with my brother, met up with EJ and his team in the lot, DAMN it was a breezy 30 degrees out there. After me and my bro suited up in the OD US chemical suits I picked up for $15 each, (layer of foam inside to cushion hits, plus insulate) ranger vests and all the trimmings including our white parkas stashed inside a gasmask bag. We hopped on the bus and rolled out. The base camp was packed, about 800 plus people. We got our ID's (I grabbed Lt., my bro grabbed Jr. Sgnt, no more SF when we got there Sad), chronoed, and hit the shit!

The place was about 10 acres of dense woods, villages, castles, tanks, etc, but it felt like 100 miles. Snow was 2 feet at least most places, making running impossible (3 steps and you fall on your face). We flanked the 2 main villages and set up to ambush the germans coming up to assault the castle, US command post. With the parkas on we were damn near invisible when we were prone, but we had to get so close because in the cold, the paint contracts, and you lose range. I had to crank up the velocity, shhhhh Wink

We managed 7-8 kills before we were spotted, we'd relocate every couple of minutes. We continued to search and destroy for another 4 hours before going back to reload, I shot about 800 rounds in that time period. I had to put some plastic bags over my feet and throw on some new socks, my boots were soaked. It was so damn cold, plus we were prone half the time so we were soaked thru 3 layers. F it, we still went back out!

In the villages the action was intense. We were supposed to hold 4 villages and the castles from the germans, but they would use artillery/bazookas, etc, to clean out villages and we'd have to get engineers back in there alive to "re-build" the places. It was constant back and forth. Picture walking up the the command post with 30 guns pointed at you until your ID was checked! Spies were rampant, I set up and intercepted a spy with about 5 guys flanking from both sides, they had false ID's and armbands. You couldn't trust anybody. The last actions we took was raiding one of the holdout villages and taking 4 prisoners, then ambushing a smaller (5 guys) patrol, I used my very last 5 rounds on the last 2 guys in a shootout at about 20 feet, shot them under a log thru a 8 inch gap laying on my back! Woooot! Skirmish kix ass, every time. Roll Eyes

Official Plankholder
DTD Pro Mod Team
Cocobolo Ops Modifications
http://www.planetrainbowsix.com/dtd

WardenMac
God bless the freaks

Life is tough, its tougher if your stupid

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2003, 03:24:39 am »

Sounds like fun guys. Glad yall made it back safe

{E}LuSiVe

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2003, 04:47:40 am »

omg.... when sweat builds up in ur neoprene gloves....... thats it. ur hands are GONE!

but still, things u dont have to worry about in winter are the possibility of ticks, and the fact that ur balls break less cuz as coco said, they get smaller in winter. the thing is, the opening at the beginning of the barrel is barely big enough for a paintball to get thru, which is why they get pushed out by the air pressure at about 300 feet per second.

in the summer tho, ur hot, which means ur gonna sweat thru the tons of layers u may or may not have put on under ur gear to cushion the impact of the balls.... if u didnt do this, more power to ya! ... but if its hot enough it doesnt matter cuz u'll break a sweat anyway. another thing about summer; the insects are alive and kickin, so u better watch urself..... i came home with an unexpected and unwelcome passenger, if u know what i mean (f*ing ticks) .... and if u have no experience in the safe removal of one of these things the little bugger will turn into an expensive little bugger, depending on who yanks it out for u... doc vs. experienced friend, etc.... lesson? bug repelant! ... another thing about summer and paintball; the balls, as oppose to winter, expand. remember that little factoid about the small opening at starting end of the barrel? get ready for some ommelettes, as u will be using ur barrel squeegie quite often in response to a ball break.

but the one reason i preffer summer to winter; i like feeling my limbs, and i hate the cold. being able to move is a plus too ... =]

we had a blast tho, hopefully the allies will get their act together this coming d-day....
« Last Edit: March 05, 2003, 04:49:25 am by Ejl2001 » Logged

{E}LuSiVe[/u][/i]
---

---
WardenMac
God bless the freaks

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2003, 05:05:21 am »

EJ, for ticks just take a bottle of rubbing alcohol, or 80 proof works too, however I do not condone the wasting of good adult beverages for the extermination of insects.

Ejl2001 @ sch00p
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2003, 06:49:44 pm »

coco, yahoo wont let me upload this .avi file to an email cuz he file size is too big. i dont know how im gonna show this to everyone..... any ideas?
Whisper_44
Forum Whore

Mac's Bitch

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2003, 09:01:46 pm »

Ejl, How big is the file? you zipped it right?

{E}LuSiVe

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2003, 08:06:29 am »

havent zipped it.... lemme try again and get back to u tommorrow..... its 2am...

{E}LuSiVe[/u][/i]
---

---
{E}LuSiVe

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2003, 11:14:49 pm »

well it went from 6.2 meg to 5.5 meg.... not small enough. is there any way to make winzip compress it even more?

btw like my new sig? my photoshop skillz at work here: the gun in the pic is almost exactly what mine looks like (no hopper, mag lite or CO2 tank shown) .... i went and cut gun parts from manufacturer's websites to make what u see there. it is abit more accurate than i give it credit for tho, cuz im keeping the mag lite off now during the daytime cuz of the weight it adds. also cuz im getting rid of the coiled remote (gets in the way) and just keeping the CO2 tank attached directly to the gun - which means now that my gun is quite literally the size of my leg! long gun, hehe .... my next trip im wearing vietnam tiger stripe pants and black top with my camo tac vest and black knee pads...... lol it reminds me a little of one of the US Tac Trainer terrorists! =]

i joined the paintball club here at my college, so i'll be taking a trip like every month. coco if u wanna meet me and my buds whenever we take a trip i'll let u know when and where. and u can bet the camera is coming!

Wink
« Last Edit: March 10, 2003, 11:29:30 pm by Ejl2001 » Logged

{E}LuSiVe[/u][/i]
---

---
WardenMac
God bless the freaks

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2003, 07:38:37 pm »

EJ,
I would throw them neopreme gloves in the trash bro. I have a pair, wore them once hunting, I guess it was about 28 degrees, started sweating, had to take them off. Never wore them again.
I also have a pair of neopreme wadders for duck hunting, same thing. Has to be below approximately 20 degrees before your comfortable in them, and thats if you dont walk very far. Usually Im up to my waist in water in the middle of December just to stay cool in those things, hehe.

{E}LuSiVe

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2003, 11:46:43 pm »

yea the sweat from ur hands turns them into ice cubes.... i learned that the hard way.

{E}LuSiVe[/u][/i]
---

---
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads