*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 12:24:27 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Class sheep vs FAT ?  (Read 980 times)
~Po~ TiroFino

« on: February 22, 2005, 06:07:10 pm »

Mauti, sorry to bring this up again.... but how can a FAT be higher on a team with a much lower Sheep Class...

How are each determined? And how does higner Sheep Class affect a clan in order to win FAT?

I know you may have posted about this already, so just re-direct me to the link if that's the case !
« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 02:56:45 am by TiroFino » Logged

"Ask not what your Mac can do for you, but what you can do for your Mac"
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 06:22:28 pm »

Honestly, I've just tried to stop thinking about how it works and just accept it for the way it is.  I've got two college degrees (albeit neither are in game scoring), but it's just too confusing to me.  Trust me, you'll sleep much better at night if you just forget about trying to figure it out!  lol

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2005, 08:04:32 pm »

No problem Tiro as long as you spell me with T and not D  Wink

Please just dowload the BL rules I have modified a few weeks ago with an updated and simplified explanation of the ranking.

The sheep class should just help you to bet the right amount of points, because they show your hypothetical chances to win the cb, nothing else. It's a help if we don't show it, it's still working.

The FAT value represents what you have made out of your chances. It's the skills you have shown in combat not just on the paper.

The reason why a clan with a lower sheep class can lead is simple: the class doesn't consider if you say today I let my B players play or try out new tactics and bet only a few sheep, while on other days I bet a lot sheep. Contrary to the FATpoints which consider this fact.

Class(hyptothetical skills) >< FAT(practical skills)

So just concentrate on the FATvalue in terms of ranking and consider the sheep difference as a kind of diet(fat) plan for your sheep according to the *DBL rules I reuploaded a few weeks ago. . It's just a help from us so you know how many sheep you should bet in a cb.

So to speak as GS said - don't think about it too much - it's like in the FFA ladder, nobody thinks about the points if they play. It just helps you to see how well you do compared to the others afterwards as do the FATpoints.

If you still don't understand it, let me know and I gonna give you an explanation on the basis of a horse race.

Bye,

Mauti
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 08:07:04 pm by *DAMN Mauti » Logged

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
~Po~ TiroFino

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2005, 02:59:20 am »

Rgr, I think I understand it a little better... not the math calculation part.. but the theory of it!  It's cool!

Thx... Mauti  Grin

"Ask not what your Mac can do for you, but what you can do for your Mac"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads