*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:37:46 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: MOVED: Why i cant see a post about Netfon and GR ....  (Read 1391 times)
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« on: December 11, 2003, 10:08:47 am »

This is not a Battle League issue, it's more for the community at large.

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~damnr6/yabbse/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=5270

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
ghost.fr

http://monks.4yu.fr

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2003, 03:35:23 pm »

well u moved my post about NF but this will affect the BL league and the final

Cause if using NF is an issue its also an issue that the clans that have anouth money to pay for premium will have an advantage.

Using NF will be tacticaly better for the clan that has the most money to pay for every member premiums account

this is not general gossip like why peannuts should be bigger or smaller this is a big issue and on some other league its taken more seriously!!!

looks like the mutisme of some clans about the NF problem come alot with the fact that some have coders in the clan that change NF codes so it cant be recognized by GR

They take advantage of that!!!

this could be seen has a cheat and ruin the truth of the score!!!

Will u like to win like that just cause u have more money or because one developper in ur clan changed few hexas in the NF data fork

Well i think its a big issue buccaneer and u should have this argument in a real room and not in the gossip shit!!!

Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2003, 05:58:23 pm »

After about 2 minutes of work, I think I finally understand most of your post.

The clans who have the most members with premium will have an advantage? Yes.

The clans who have the most people with high end computers will also have an advantage, the same goes with connection. Should we require everyone to play with 56k modems and cap their framerates at 20 FPS?

50 bucks will get you an advantage in a CB; you could buy premium or some more RAM for your machine, which would improve your framerates. Fact is, everyone won't be on even ground, unless the battle league starts distributing top of the line machines and paying for nice connections for everyone.

Also, Ghost, what would Bucc's motive be for moving it? The only thing he did was place it outside of his own control. I'll go check it out, but I'm pretty damn sure that if he moved it, he had a good reason.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
ghost.fr

http://monks.4yu.fr

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2003, 06:05:37 pm »

i was also trying to get attention and u know that this section got it

not the other one

And having a high end computer is a choice u have but beeing forced by some jirk to bye some thing when all u have is anouth to play and have fun is an other story

u trurn all arround cause its in ur advantage thats fine, but if I have a good code maker in my clan and i ask him to cheat GHR tectures or application then u would screammmmm whou wha ghost is a cheater, when u use a voice application that may help u to win, and others cant then ur cool!!

AND sorry for my bad english, u know i guess i will never write again here if it disturbe u so much
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2003, 06:18:02 pm »

Ghost not everyone has a microphone so not everyone can use NF.

And having a high end computer is a choice u have

Sorry and you don't have the choice to buy premium!? You have! Further If you want NF you can use it. The NF workarounds are posted in the General Gossip forum where everyone can read about it. So same chances for everyone if you really want to use it.

The BL always allowed voice communication who can/want to run it. Of course you have to meet the requirements but that is definitive not a BL issue, that's your business as well as you have to own a Mac. It's up to you. Cheating gives you an unfair advantage by modifing the game or using glitches.

Nuff said,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2003, 06:32:57 pm »

Mauti, I think what he's trying to say ( I found it hard to understand too ), is that he doesn't want to give money to someone like Evill.

Ghost, you may dislike Evill. I may ( I don't, but it's a nice example ) dislike Steve Jobs. Should I come here and whine if I'm a multi-millionair with a 333Mhz iMac? You ban NF, what about telephones? We going to require everyone to have a web-cam that shows that they're not talking on the phone?

Ok, I've wavered a bit off topic, in conclusion, Netfone is an advantage, just as a high end computer is. If you don't want to give your 50 bucks to Evill, give them to www.memorytogo.com and max out your RAM. That'll improve your framerates, giving you an advantage.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Noto
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2003, 09:01:37 pm »

Hey Ghost, just a quick thought for you.  I got my first real Mac in June 2002.  Before that I was on my mother's 333MHz iMac with a max fo 256MB Ram and an original ATi crap card.  Basically I wasn't able to play certain games like Warcraft 3.  Those fuckers playing WC3 had an advantage over me.  Did I complain? Nope, because I knew it my problem.  When I got my new system, I was able to play games like WC3 and Ghost Recon.  If I would have bought a crappy computer, I wouldn't be playing GhR today.  It is your choice to play the game, and if your computer hinders that, or the systems of others in your clan, then you just have to deal with that.

Please do not complain about the level of the playing field.  No matter where you go, there will always be someone out there with better chances and better systems.  You just have to make due.  As for NF, there was a topic posted about a NF workaround.  You can also do that with KDX.  You don't have to buy premium, but it does go to support the virtual community that you play with.  Imagine if GR wasn't here.  You might have bigger issues that NF.

I'm not trying to bash you.  Just think a bit more before you "speak" and try to put yourself in other people's shoes.

.::|N| Noto
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don&#039;t make me smack you.

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2003, 10:48:14 pm »

I am locking topic sence this has already been moved once and has been discussed for the past 2 months in other topics.

Djing isn&#039;t realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it&#039;s about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ&#039;s:they love it, they live for it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads