*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 11:35:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  *DAMN should run *DAMN site
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: *DAMN should run *DAMN site  (Read 2072 times)
zak

I stopped giving a fuck a long time ago

« on: May 03, 2002, 12:33:25 am »

I got a msg from a respected r6 player, about a really interesting proposition (which should of been doen from day 1), which is, the *DAMN battle league, and all *DAMN forums, should be run by *DAMN members. There most likely wouldn't be as much arguing with rs players saying its unfair decisions by bl admins becasue their clan or person hates this person blah blah blah. And the forums would be more respectibale, you mother to be able to look at, or to some degree, cause after all *DAMN means respect, responsible and mature.

-zak

"We shall defend our island whatever the cost may be; we shall fight on beaches, landing grounds, in fields, in streets and on the hills. We shall never surrender!"
-Churchill
AK_Rap1d
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2002, 04:08:06 pm »

well, after all the drama I been going through in here, I think that would be the best thing. ?*DAMN running *DAMN and not members of other clans that come in with biased judgement. ?BTW, Bondo is doing an excellent job of investigation and representation. ?Good example how good things run when ran by a *DAMN;)
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged
Grifter
God bless the freaks

Detroit, where the weak are killed and eaten

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2002, 07:31:31 pm »

Except for him jumping the gun against Nixon.

"...to the last, I grapple with thee; from Hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."
AK_Rap1d
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2002, 07:39:41 pm »

See Grifter, you can't get it through that thick skull.  Bondo did proper investigation into the Nixon Matter before talking out.  You have chosen against him for matters yet not clearly explained by yourself other than Bondo deleting Nixon's Spam Threads.  Yes, the same post in different places in these forums.  While Bondo has all good reason on why Nixon should be booted, you have yet to prove why he should stay.
Grifter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2002, 08:06:21 pm »

There you go showing your reading disability again Rapid....

I never said Nixon should go or stay.  I said before he is hung out to dry we should hear the whole story.  That Bondo isn't Judge, Jury and Executioner....

Learn to read, would you!

"...to the last, I grapple with thee; from Hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."
AK_Rap1d
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2002, 08:47:54 pm »

Well Rocket Scientist, have you seen that no action has been taken against Nixon yet, since he's still on as a Moderator? Also I noticed you have avoided giving your "reasonable input" on his Punishment and there has been more than enough time for Nixon to say his piece being that he did this Last Sunday. ?Also, have you considered all the evidence Bondo brought forward, or have you just not accepted any of it? ?Being that there is so much evidence, why are you still on Bondo's case, and not Nixon's?

Time you give your opinion on the Punishment brought forward against Nixon by Bondo. ?Both sides have been given a lot of time, and only one has a clear case. ?The other has "buddies" on the inside he's hoping to get him out of this one. ?Voice Your Opinion on the real Problem, Nixon, and lay off Bondo, for he's already explained all his actions.
Grifter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2002, 09:05:04 pm »

Man Rapid, if you would read one of my posts you would save me a lot of time repeating myself. ?Mauti has now gotten involved in the Nixon and AK things. ?Mauti has my opinions on it.

But, that has nothing to do with the fact that I still think Bondo is acting wrong as well...

As for delaying it a few days... GOOD. ?That will hurt nobody. ?Rushing to justice never served justice. ?And sorry, but I don't think your opinion on this being enough time for a decision to be made is a good reason to speed it up anymore either. ?But, if you like, go talk to Mauti and tell him to decide faster, since the ball is in his court, as he stated before.

The thing you and Bondo don't seem to get is, I'm not trying to pass any judgement on AK or Typhy or Nixon. ?I've been expressing my opinion on 1) that clans should be punished, not individuals. 2) That all the BL moderators should be in on the decision. ?3) That Bondo and Nixon have neither been working well with the other moderators here. ?And 4) That Bondo's crusade to remove Nixon was over the top, and he should do exactly what he was asking Nixon to do and talk to his peers. ?Nowhere in there will you see what should happen to any of them (including to AK). ?Hell, I told Typhy what I thought should happen after the whole thing was decided. ?If you want to know... it was that AK should have been deducted some amount of points (like 20, but I didn't give it much thought), and that dealing with Typhy was AK's deal.... if AK chose not to deal with him in any way, I would just have rememberd that for the next time (assuming there is one).

And, if you really want my opinions on Nixon... just read back a few posts.. you'll see them. ?I wont speculate on what to do about him (or Bondo) to you, as that is a matter for Mauti as well. ?I have faith that Mauti will do the right thing as he always has. ?If that includes saying I've crossed a line, you better bet I'll listen to him, as he's earned my respect, along with most of the other moderators here.

Oh, and I haven't been a scientist since my first year out of my undergrad, when I was a chemist (not meaning pharmisist like in Europe, but like in screening hair for traces of narcotics and such.. I hated that job).  And it was never with Rockets.. just Chemistry.

Bondo
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2002, 09:18:06 pm »

Grifter, it is my opinion that Nixon needs to be kicked and I've presented my case.  The reason I'm upset is no one has presented a different option with any significant proof so it frustrates me that the stronger defended option isn't being carried out.  I'm not trying to be the person with the only say, but I think that if my view is strongest like it is here, that it should be the one considered.  I am talking to Mauti about it and I'm sure he'll come to a decision soon.
Grifter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2002, 09:31:09 pm »

Bondo, if you had been reasonable to start with, instead of the comments like "I'll not stand for anything less" and deleting his posts, this probably would be over by now.  A few of us have said we wanted to hear more... instead of arguing with us and then deleting posts before we read them (for ourselves, so we could see if it was nonsense), we could have talked it over and just sent Mauti a nice recomendation.  Not spun our wheels.  Learn to work with your peers.

And yes, I've talked to Mauti as well, and I agree, he's taking care of it.  

Bondo
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2002, 09:41:03 pm »

But I don't need to confer with all the others to decide if a post is nonsense.  Why have moderators if we can't fucking moderate.  I think I can be trusted to know what is relevant an not.  The posts I deleted of Nixon's weren't talking about his defense they were just deriding insults of AK or me.  This being the BL Forums where everything doesn't go, they were deleted.  And even from the start I had enough proof to show that Nixon deserved punishment, my very first post on the matter is just like later ones with my suggested punishment and the reason for it.  Just because I was able to come up with that quickly doesn't mean it is any less correct or fair.
Grifter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2002, 10:15:57 pm »

Bondo, you are asking others to judge Nixon without being able to see the same posts as you... and that sounds right??

You admonished Nixon for deleting posts from Rapid... even after he said they were nonsense (not so kindly)... what makes this different?  Why was it wrong for Nixon to do but not you?  You were both wrong in that... flat out.

Your other BL admins can't be expect to take your word for everything, can they.... if so, why are you judging Nixon and not just taking his word??

Play fair.  Play by the same rules.  Moderation is moderation, but you made a bad choice.  It has nothing to do with the fact that the posts were nonsense.. it has to do with the fact that Bondo was accused of something by you... so you should not be editing or deleting any of his posts....  I'll give you another example... when Rapid was insulting me and you snipped his posts... you did good moderation there... but I couldn't.  I would have been improper for me to touch the posts of someone I was disagree with.  Which is why I didn't do it.  

Don't you get the difference?

AK_Rap1d
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2002, 11:11:10 pm »

I really do hate how Grifter double talks and still says nothing. ?Maybe he's hoping people take his side on how much he talks. ?He wins if that's the case. ?But since it's evidence and facts, Bondo wins here.
Bondo
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2002, 01:03:54 am »

I admonished Nixon for deleting rapid's nonsense?  No, I believe I admonished Nixon for deleting complaints by Rapid, complaints and cussing antagonism are two far different things.  I myself was doing the deleting of Rapid's nonsense just like I delete every other person's nonsense regardless of situation or rank.  If the point is hostile with no other point but to be so then it gets deleted in this forum.
Grifter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2002, 06:32:13 am »

Ok Bondo, I see that you don't get it.  Nixon said the posts were nonsense... you say the posts were complaints.. I say you are both wrong for deleting them when you are accusing them (Nixon in the case of AK, Bondo in the case of Nixon).  

You should have moderated your moderation in that case because you were to involved and it smacks of abuse, even when it's not.  Since you are the fan of crime analogies, I'll give you one for this.

If a cop shoots someone... even if is some scumbag crack head that is holding a lady hostage... he is no longer allowed to touch evidence or be immediately at the scene, but is seperated.  Why?  not that they think he'll tamper with evidence... but because they want to show without a doubt that that they are acting in the best of faith.

Oh, Rapid, sorry that I use too many big words for you.  But the truth of the matter is, I'm only trying to convince one person here.  Other people who's opinions that matter to me in the case don't need convincing.  Bondo is the only one I'm trying to make see anything.  So if you confused by the bigger words, just don't you worry.  Because I said a whole lot.... too bad you stopped learning at such a tender young age, maybe you would be able to tell.  Since there was no double talk there.. and you are always free to go back and find it in the old posts.... not that you can, since the only thing you are doing is trying to discredit me to defend Bondo.

Oso
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2002, 06:24:38 pm »

uh speaking of repeating things rapid........

look into it...
214_Mad_Moose

It be Toe Joe

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2002, 11:24:09 am »

WOOF GIMMEEE A DOLLAR!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads