*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 11:55:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  (SiX)Dancer love
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: (SiX)Dancer love  (Read 8032 times)
Maniac

kill them all!!!

« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2006, 11:28:17 pm »

Wow it's a shame something like this has to happen for all you old guys to show yourselves. It's great seeing some of you, but now is the time to remember a long time player and friend on GR. Trust me guys no matter what religion you are, or what you believe Im sure Dancer is in way better place. Rest in peace dude you will always be missed.

-MP5- season X winners RvS Team.
Daf One

gloop, inc.

« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2006, 04:19:13 am »

heh, Dancer brings me back to the R6 of "dancing" or running around crazily not being shot, but anyways I didn't know him that well, but Dancer was a great player and I'm sure a person as well.  Best of luck to him wherever he may be, his family and his friends.

-one

Enjoy the Classic.
we:JollyRoger

Make Love Not War

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2006, 04:51:51 pm »

Eventhough I don't know Dancer personally, but we had played together quite often when SiX was active more than a year ago. From the conversations he had with us, I can tell he's a nice, patient and loyal person. Eventhough it's virtual in GR, all players share a kind of bonding, be it bitter or sweet. His presence will be missed and I sincerely hope he's in a much better place.
DEA

« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2006, 05:04:11 pm »

We are so sorry to hear of the sad news, we had only played with Dancer once or twice before. Our thoughts and love go out to his family and to his friends. I know that the GR community is grieving at the sad loss of Dancer, may all fellow members remember him for the great player that he was.

With deepest sympathy
 {DrK}*DEA & {DrK}*deadred    aka Dylan & Dawn
(SiX) Mephisto

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2006, 02:55:44 am »

Dance - One of my best friends on GameRanger. Actually, most of our conversations took place outside of GameRanger and had nothing to do with WOW or SiX. He was so personable, that he'd chat me up about anything that was on then on our minds.
I never knew that Dance was sick. He never told me and it never came up during casual conversation about politics, his fancy feet, or my being nerdy. Any allusions from others, about his not feeling well went completely over my head; He never complained of of being unwell to me, goofy as our chats were.
I still haven't truly registered that I can't message him online and talk about how business and life is going. I still have memories of the love that Dan had for Mephi, his chocolate brother and everyone close to him. He will be deeply missed.
Ender:0

« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2006, 04:13:21 am »

I didnt get much time to play with Dancer either, but what I do remember is that he never liked to see us bad mouth each other personally.  He didnt mind the game smack talk that we all do but once it got personal he didnt appreciate it.  He seemed to really love life himself and had a respect for it that more people need to have.

We will all need to be better people in order to make up for losing someone like Dancer.

I wish I had more time to get to know him especially considering looking at all these posts and the way people liked him.  He certainly made an impact.  I can't imagine how much better the people who got to be with him day to day in person must have been influenced by him.  Way to go Dancer!!  I will feel my life meant something if half as many people are touched by my presence.

Good Bye Dancer!
mesa
BL Staff

« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2006, 04:47:07 am »

Also, i wanted to add something about Dancer.  He truly set a standard on how to carry yourself in GR.  A person that treated EVERYONE with respect. 

Something i often wondered...if i died tomorrow, would these people say the same things about me?  Or maybe you can ask yourself this question.  Dancer's passing has brought the Mac community closer together i feel.  He has shown us all how to have fun and be respectful towards others.  He might never know what he did for a lot of us, but it's our duty to carry on what he has given us.  Thanks again Dancer.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 09:48:37 am by mesa » Logged

RVS FOR LIFE!!
x|p.modified

« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2006, 06:41:11 am »

i would like to say that i was sorry to hear of the sad news of dans passing,
my thoughts go out to his family and friends

i played with dancer some a little while ago and he was ownin me i remember !

he will be sorely missed and i hope he is in a better place.

love anthony

ps dancer is a legend and like all legends he will live forever in the harts of his friends 

ggs Dancie ggs
(SiX) AliasUnknown

« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2006, 06:50:04 am »

I remember Dancer from the haydays of Rainbow Six.  Before all those fancy pants graphics cards came out, and the better your gear was, the better you were.  This was back when grit and skill took the match, and Dancer had planty of it going around, and then some.  Back when I was a (SiX) n00b, dancer took me under his wing and was always cordial and had something positive to say.  Then I took gemini under my own wing and their love blossomed just like i had hoped.  I havent played rainbow six or been on gameranger in a while now, but im sure the owning that dancer mastered 8 years ago hasent ebbed a bit.  You will be missed by all dancer,  and ill be sure to put your name on the first flashbang i throw when i get downrange.  Take care buddy.

"(SiX) AliasUnknown"
Morgan Keane
SEAL Team 5
cybershark-x

Semper Fi

« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2006, 08:44:51 am »

I wish it was under better circumstances that I'm here replying. Please bare with me on this post for I'm not the greatest in gathering my thoughts during this momment in comming to terms with all that has happened. It seems I lose touch with a lot of things whether its in this forum or in life, and I find it always leads me into being last to know anything.

It was June 2000 when I started playing and back then the gameranger world was still in the works but already had a decent following as far as mac gaming was concerned.  It was funny clans came and gone, especially for me  Wink, but it was the community with the rag tag bunch we all were that kept me comming back for more each day.  So many fun times have been had that were lived throughout that  game. Namely our CSL skirmishes, hillarious moments of running out of ammo in the middle of a CQB and switching to your side arm and still missing your mark then retraeting downstairs to get pre-fired at the stairs, and the oh so well placed grenade launched 30 yards and 5 seconds before landing deadsmack in your lap as you sat in the stair well just exiting your side of the CSL basment. Feel free to take a breather from that last run on.   

You guys were like family to me, and after hard days it was great to have people there to make you feel that much better.   Back when I played R6 and some RS, it seemed everyone was a character and had something interesting that they brought to the table.  We all had our different personas and images we'd hold up and retain on the battlefield.  A handful of people always stood out from the crowd,  Daniel Shapiro was definately one of those people.  When he entered a room you definately took notice, for fun and happiness just seemed to radiate from him and to pick that up through a medium of an online game, well it's just rare. He was one of the nicest guys I've had the pleasure to play with, clan with, and just down right shoot the shit with.  I just wish I got to meet him in person, and more so at one of his shows to see him in action live.  We talked a lot during downtimes, and even recently about the possibility of coming to Boston for a performance.  It breaks my heart that I won't get that chance.  (Continued)       
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 10:06:35 am by cybershark-x » Logged
cybershark-x

Semper Fi

« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2006, 09:06:32 am »

(Continued)

Even when we talked months ago he never shed light onto the situation he was in,  maybe that was his therapy I'd assume regarding the circumstances, or just didn't want to change the nature of our chat, I understand.  I just wish I found out sooner I suppose. 

My heart sincerely goes out to his family, and to his wife.  He will be deeply missed, but not forgotten by any standards his charm and warmth alone had a way of sealing that deal long ago. 

To his wife: I realize it must be hard to find condolence via people you've never met, specially through online.  I find it special to see how many of us were impacted by your husband, and on so many levels.  He truly came off as being one of the most well rounded persons I sadly never got to meet.  His outlook on life was something special, and many people could benefit from taking a page out of his book.  My heart goes out to you during this time, as well to his family.

Take care Daniel "Dancer" Shapiro, you keep on dancing there in "Youngstown". I love you man and you'll be deeply missed.

(SIX)cybershark

« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 09:14:42 am by cybershark-x » Logged
(SiX)Ben
Forum Whore

I love my *NADS

« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2006, 10:23:57 am »

Not to get off track or anything.

i just wanted to take the opportunity to say a couple things.

First off: Alias, Cyb - I love you guys and miss you dearly. I hope life is well with both of you. And I'll miss you when you go oversees Al. Sad Cubby, get on gr more bud. Al. You're freaking hot.

I wanna thank everyone for their posts about Dancer. It's theraputic for myself just to hear some of this. So, again, thank you guys.

<3
Ben

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."
Benjamin Franklin
mimlim

« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2006, 11:10:37 pm »

Sad
i hope that his family is pulling through it.
mim
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2006, 06:38:53 am »

wow, such a very sad loss.  I really cant add anything else that hasnt been said already about Dancer.  I wish his family the best in this time of mourning.

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
dr.blake.
BL Staff

« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2006, 05:45:46 pm »

For some reason after months i decided to check out the forums today.. what a shitty thing to see.

I think everyone here has summed it up pretty well - human beings do not get much better than our friend dancer. I honestly wont forget all those nights i stayed home to get on kdx with dance and gemi and willy and aut and sheix... some of my fondest memories, really.

..No fair.  Sad

love you dance.

-blake
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 11:36:16 pm by kos.blake » Logged

"...a winner... They win, no matter what. Their resources are greater than their opponents in any context."

-autriche
(SiX) Mr.Buffy

« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2006, 06:29:54 am »

Well, this was not what I was expecting when I checked into the forum tonight....

I haven't been on GR for a while now, do wish I would have been able to be on more often, even not to play (and because i don't have any games), but just to chat and catch up with some old faces.

I remember Dancer from the SEALs, SiX, R6 days.  The late nights of playing R6, chatting with Kordova, and even Johnnothing singing.  I was not as close to him as alot of you guys were, but my memories of him are with playing R6 (prefire + hbs! or you could be like spaz or Roy and just run around) and with team SiX.

clapping hands  Dancer!

(SiX) Mr.Buffy
Anthony Chan
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads