*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 12:16:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  (SiX)Dancer love
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: (SiX)Dancer love  (Read 8031 times)
DEA

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2006, 08:11:17 pm »

Our thoughts and hearts go with Dancers family and friends through this difficult time, a sad loss to everyone whom knew him. 

with deepest sympathy
                     {DrK}*DEA & {DrK}*deadred      aka  Dylan & Dawn
:V:*Beast

don't try Norton on me... it won't work...

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2006, 09:09:49 pm »

"To the few who love you and whom you love
to those who feel rather than to those who think
to the dreamers and those who put faith in dreams as in the only realities"

Edgar Allan Poe

As I woud say: To the MANY who love you and whom you love...

I remember Dancer when I played one of my very first games online on GR. Eagle Watch, map: Killhouse Double. I saw Dancer, Dema and Nixon flashing eachother for fun. As beeing new to R6 back then, I had no clue what they were doing. All I can say is that they were just having fun.
I never had the chance to know Dancer better but I'll remember him as Flash-Dancer.

My thoughts and prayers go with Dancers family and friends...

Reginald,
aka
The...Beast

quote of the year:
(quoted by Ace:) unknown: If idiots could fly, GR would be an airport.

vanitas vanitatum, omnia vanita est...
GeT iNfEcTeD!!
(SiX)Redbaron

When I enter a room all you see is Red.

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2006, 09:20:05 pm »

Hi,

I have laughed, chatted, and played video games with Dancer for eight years. The clan which we were both in before (SiX) was called (SEALs), and it is there that we developed our initial and lasting relationship as friends and teammates. Dancer hung on to his (SEALs) tag for a long time but when the time came to depart from that team I decided to initiate Dancer's induction into team (SiX), and I'm sure that none are suprised that he was recieved so well. I will always remember Daniel as someone who was always happy to see me, and someone who I was always happy to recieve as well. People like that are so important in personal development, and as I've grown I am certain that some of Dancer's good nature has manifested itself into me. He wasn't a preacher, he was one who taught by example, a person who expressed his opinions and held his ground like an aged tree. Each branch of friendship which this man has extended bore healthy ties and loved and appreciated respect. Dancer and I have logged many hours in the online gaming world, and it is because of this world that I have become connected to such a great person. He wasn't just a gamer to me either, he is a person who has helped me with issues in my life, giving advice, and explaining how he went about making his own decisions as a source of comfort. Dancer and I once chatted for two hours over our headsets while he and I wrote a paper in which I was to write a Dialogue between two characters, which literally became a conversation between Dancer and I. To truly mark this moment in time and to set in the reality of this to me in my life, I spoke with my family about Dancer, told them what he meant to me, and mentioned a few stories which did the trick to make me smile. This helped me to reflect on him externally. Personally I'm happy that I have logged so much time with Dancer while he was in his playful element, having fun and laughing with friends. He rests as one of the best friends I have ever had.

He will be missed and remembered, and whenever I move in the smooth and rhythmic ways of life's dance - a dance which he taught and furthered - I will think of him. To the friends, family and dance company of my beloved friend: may you accept my deepest sympathies, thoughts, and prayers.

Redbaron, Team SiX.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 11:58:37 pm by (SiX)Redbaron » Logged

Red.
we:ASSGOBLIN

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2006, 10:04:48 pm »

I am very much in shock that Dancer passed away. He was a great player and moreover a great human being. He has been one of the most nice and thoughtful person on GR. I have known him since I started playing RVS. And all the (SiX) and Dancer taught me how to have fun playing this game. I am truly sorry for his family and I wish him R.I.P.. Thank you, Dancer for the great fun and the great memory which lives forever within us. We will miss you very much.

Yohei Goto (we:ASSGOBLIN)
:V: Stripes

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2006, 10:30:55 pm »

Dancer, RIP m8.

You were a respected player as i bet you were in real life. ( a shame i didnt get to know you close )
Many will miss you around here, take care where ever you are!

We wont forget you.

Yours,
Stripes (Imad)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 10:34:35 pm by ViRuS - Stripes » Logged

--------------------------------
Stripes (ViRuS Clan Predator)
stripes@virus-clan.com
--------------------------------
GeT iNfEcTeD!!!
http://www.virus-clan.com
http://www.virus-clan.org
http://www.team-virus.org
autriche

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2006, 11:10:53 pm »

those with familiarity know the pain is immense, and so the end becomes almost joyous, it is the beginning of something better, something were all here waiting for. but still im fighting sorrow and i truly wish i had one last chance to say farewell... i guess this is it. insightful and wise, many positive discussions ive found in you over the years, i could always count on a cheerful disposition... and a quick draw. looking back it has been a long time but still it seems so short... you will be remembered with fondness dan, much love my friend.

-j
(SiX)Ben
Forum Whore

I love my *NADS

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2006, 02:29:06 am »

Oh. one more of my favorite memories from Dancer. Anytime anyone said the word "gay", Dancer would totally go crazy. I love that about him. How he stood his ground on that.

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."
Benjamin Franklin
KoS.frizzle.

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2006, 02:46:52 am »

All I can say is that he was the nicest person on gameranger. Rest in peace bro.

7.Dr.Cheap Shot

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2006, 03:42:30 am »

Wow, this is very sad news.  My condolences to all that new him.  We will say a special prayer for him and his family.

One of my favorite memories of Dancey is when I first got on comms, he invited me in his kdx room with Sheix, Mesa, and Blake.  He was so cool man, I mean I was a bit nervous talking to people on the internet for the first time, but he just made you feel like you've known him all your life.  He will allways remain on my buddy list.

Danial,  may God welcome you in his kingdom with open arms.

Someday Mac Soft will get sick of my emails and make Rogue Spear OSX native.
SiLviO®

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2006, 04:10:18 am »

My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and family, he will be missed, he was a great asset to the gaming community, not just for his skills, but also for his attitude.

May he rest in peace..............

Let Your Skills Do The Talking........and STFU !!!!!
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2006, 05:03:17 am »

Oh. one more of my favorite memories from Dancer. Anytime anyone said the word "gay", Dancer would totally go crazy. I love that about him. How he stood his ground on that.

i remember that...
that was when I started saying heterosexually challenged. just to be funny about it.

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
(SiX)Dema

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2006, 05:15:14 am »

Haha yeah man I remember that as well.  Classic Dancer.
Rogue

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2006, 05:21:55 am »

Wow man, I can't believe what I'm reading.  I've been gone from the r6 community for a long time, but I'll always remember playing rainbow six with that fantastic motherfucker during the glory days of online mac gaming. I've been playing games online for a good 7-8 years now and the greatest, tightest cyber community will always be the old mac rainbow six family. And now a major component of that family is gone, wow. Peace man.
(SiX)Easy Kill

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2006, 05:33:30 am »

For some reason having Dancer stomp a mudhole in my ass and walk it dry for damned near 8 hours a night playing Eagle Watch helped ease me through the longest period of depression I’ve ever had.  His infectious sense of humor and tutelage in our chats helped me through a pretty low point in my life, for that I’ll always be grateful.

I never had the privilege of meeting Danial in real life.  We schemed on several ways to get the dance company out to Seattle and lamented the state of arts funding in this country, but life proved to be too short.   I will always be envious of those of you who were blessed enough to have actually seen him on stage doing what he loved. 

I didn’t find out about his illness until very recently and having lost several close relatives to cancer makes this news especially tough to take.  But I know dancers, and I know they are physically and mentally some of the toughest SOBs walking the planet.  Our Dancer certainly proved himself to be tough as a railroad tie.  Somehow I know Danial would just tell me to stop being a wuss about his departure from our ranks and rock on, if he could.  It was a privilege and a pleasure lobbing flashbangs at you Dancer, I am honored to have been your “bullet catcher”, but most of all I’m very lucky to have been your friend.

Easy Kill (Mark Santa Ana)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 09:08:10 am by (SiX)Easy Kill » Logged
Monk

I'm a llama!

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2006, 09:21:08 am »

I didn't know Dancer as much as some people, but from my few experiences with him, I could tell he was a genuinely nice person. My first personal experiences with him can be described in the least as interesting and fun. I remember we were playing Raven Shield. As other players were concentrating on getting kills, Dancer and I stayed back to do some online dancing. I must say that we were equally impressed with each others skills. We made our characters move in ways I never thought possible. But seriously, he made me laugh and smile and I think its these little moments in life that are the most important. I will definitely carry these memories with me. My best to his family and friends.

It is better to give than to recieve.
a2daj

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2006, 09:33:06 am »

I didn't know dancer very well although I was familiar with him as a member of SiX from the early days of the R6 Mac community.  Unfortunately, it seems I missed out knowing a wonderful human being.  My thoughts go out to him and his family.
11.Dr.5150

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2006, 10:14:42 am »

Dancie you have really made an impact on my life. You would always make us pots for our raids though you could not alway make them. No benefit to you. Just you being a loving team mate. Always giving away your mats to anyone that would ever ask. SiX in wow is history and I am so happy I was a part of it. I know this was mentioned before about you getting angry when someone would say the word gay but that actually touched me. Made me think twice even today about saying it. You on coms and all the dirty convo's. I matured pretty quick with you and gem. I will really never forget it. I love your sexy voice too. Love you forever. See you someday...

Love, James Sullivan

ohh and when we saw

we knew to get on coms for a load of laughs and a good time
c|Dubtwist

« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2006, 11:08:29 am »

Dancer made everybody feel like his best friend. He always stuck to his guns and stood up for anyone who deserved it. From ravenshield dance parties to world of warcraft adventures we always had a blast. Daniel's power and influence will last for much time to come. That is one amazing soul.

Ill miss you forever and will never be without your influence, Ready Up bro, Good Games.

Dublet
yraen

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2006, 03:23:03 pm »

I met Dancie through Gemni and Punkie in WoW. He was always fun to play with and this news made me very sad. I talked with Punkie/Allison recently and she made me feel better about the whole thing. Everyone reacts differently to this sort of thing. For me, it reminds me that we are only human. Even though we lost a very close friend, he is in a better place, and knowing that makes me feel better. I'm going to miss Dancie very much.  Sad

~Yraen
0 Duncan Idaho

Crucify the ego, before its far to late.

« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2006, 11:00:23 pm »

I've known Dancer since he was an R6 newb, and spent far too many hours to count on coms with him. In that time, he never once did anything but improve my mood and brighten my day. I consider him to represent most of the good things we humans can offer the universe.

Judging by his impact on the virtual world at GameRanger, I can only imagine how much better he made life for all of those around him in his offline world. Despite the pain you all must be feeling now, I still envy his true friends and family for being lucky enough to know him much better than I ever had the chance.

Scott B.

Little angel go away. Come again some other day. I'll never hear a word you say. The devil has my ear today...
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads