*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 11:49:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  (SiX)Dancer love
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: (SiX)Dancer love  (Read 8029 times)
(SiX)Geminis

« on: October 09, 2006, 05:32:18 am »

Hi Guys.  We wanted to give everyone who played with (SiX)Dancer over the years the opportunity to leave their thoughts for our online group of friends and Dancer's family.  We plan on sending this thread to Dancer's wife Joanie.  When she left the message on Friday that Dancer had passed away, it was with an overwhemingly positive energy.  She wanted us to know how much Dancer had valued his time us, how much fun he had with us, and how important we all were to him.  This is not a thread to mourn our colorful friend, but to remember and appreciate him- and also a reminder to us that Dancer would want us all to realize that what we have is a very cool thing to be able to play together, and to never to take it for granted, and enjoy every minute of each other.  Joanie said Dancer had regretted not being able to play with us over the last several months due to complications from his illness.  She also wanted us to know that he was with people, and was talked to, and loved, and touched until his last breath.  Feel free to leave your thoughts, comments and memories below.
Kapiti

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 05:59:05 am »

Well, I didn't know Dancer very well but one thing I know for sure was that he was a nice guy.I think the whole Raven Shield community wil miss him.

Abes

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 06:13:56 am »

I will miss Dancie very much, he was a great person and the only person i know besides me that plays WoW and know all the words to the West Side Story!  I will miss him acompanying my off key voice!
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 06:17:25 am »

well damn.
I personally suck at this whole death and eulogizing thing, so i'll just say my piece and let you take what you will from it

i've probably known of dancer since i started playing in this community, and long after i  stopped being an active member on the forums, though to be honest, or relationship was mostly me often shouting  DAMMNIT DANCER WHY WON'T YOU JUST DIE WHEN I SHOOT YOU!, while i waited for the round to restart.

i unfortunately never knew that dancer was ill and the thought that the time we spent together (or more accurately the time i spent lying dead due to errant head-shots) helped a great guy have a bit more fun in his time here on earth puts a whole new perspective on this community as a whole

i'll miss the man.
here's to you dancer Cider

also, WillieTell sends one last shout out for our man
"he will always be remembered as my TINY DANCER,.. DANCER FOR MONEY..."
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 06:21:47 am by Brain » Logged

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 06:17:58 am »

Been a long time since I visited this site, but this is one of those times you just need to suck it up.

Dancer, I cursed you often when playing against you, and laughed deep when playing with you.  You will be missed.  

You are never truly gone as long as you are remembered.  And I, among many, will remember my friend.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
mab

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 06:20:03 am »

Danial was one of the most positive people I have ever had the opportunity to know.  I always enjoyed talking with him at every opportunity.  He always had such an enthusiasm for life and his work.  You will be missed Danial and there will always be a place for you in my heart.  Farewell my friend.
Michael Bailes
(SiX)Corpseater

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 06:23:49 am »

Daniel and I had many things in common...aside from being clanmates for almost a decade, aside from taking it to those who fought against us in any game, we laughed together, abused each other and reflected on many things more pertinent in our conversations than just gaming.
You can't be anymore of a solid human being when your focus is living and being, or enjoying the time you have with others. Dancie was ALL that and a bag of Chips... Please keep the love going and remember, if not only Dancer, the people in your life RIGHT now that make it all worthwhile. I don't like to cry, but I can always shed tears for a man I loved. "Ready-Up Dancie!"

Corpsey

Additional: Here is a Pic of Ash(Marrow) and Dancer from last spring - Sharing the love
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 10:25:31 pm by (SiX)Corpseater » Logged
mesa
BL Staff

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2006, 06:44:52 am »

One of, if not thee, nicest person I got to know on GR.  Thanks for all great times you brought us Dancer.  Thank you.

~Steven Johnson (aka mesa)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 07:30:04 am by mesa » Logged

RVS FOR LIFE!!
SEALs Ghost

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2006, 07:10:12 am »

I don't know if i knew dancer better then everybody else, but dancer and i were friends for a very long time. I would give him computer support as well as opportunities to defeat me in rb6 and he would be by my side as we took out noobs. Dancer aka SEALs Dancer was an artist and a skilled person. I remember meeting him for the first time when he performed a show in New Jersey.. after months of him inviting me to come see his show i finally told him i would and sure enough watched a very well choreographed masterpiece. Joanie by his side, they were amazing to watch as they danced around stage like he did to some of the players on the gaming community.

Our video chats and movie downloading, i just wished we could of had one more rb6 game, to reminice of the good ol' days. I still laugh on the days him and i used to go for hours playing mods of ITF for RB6, i would snipe him out of no where. He was Elite, and probably one of the best players out there. That might not have meant much to the real world, but it sure meant a lot to everybody in the gaming community including myself.

I was probably one of the very few that knew of his illness.. but i told him if he died on me i'm going to kick his ass, he laughed it up and sure enough assured me that he wouldn't so i let him go for the moment. Dancer i know your in a better place now... but i'm sure your up there playing god in rb6 and winning.

Daniel Shapiro, you are Elite and will be missed! I hope your spirit stays strong and that people will remember the laughs.

Good-bye mf (my friend)

-Tristan Carneiro (aka Ghost)

P.S. I remembered this after i posted, but i remember when Dancer sent me something from Hawaii. When i walked up to my big ass mail box and opened it, and saw a huge coconut! i started laughing. The guy actually put a postage mark and a note on a coconut and mailed the dam thing. It wasn't in packaging or anything it was a actual coconut. I told him to send me something from Hawaii but i was thinking more of a postcard, but a coconut? I never laughed so hard in my life. I had that coconut for about 3-4 years before it started to fall apart. Dancer and i Joked about that dam thing for the years that followed. I hope there are plenty coconuts where you are mf. Thanks for the laughs.

March 1st, 2001
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 04:36:51 pm by SEALs Ghost » Logged
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2006, 07:13:55 am »

Agreed..one of the nicest people Ive had the pleasure of becoming friends with.

I respected him for the following.

He looked out for people..was protective, and loving.
Sensitive when no one else gives a shit.
He laughed a hearty laugh.
He stood up for his principles, and the only time ive ever seen him angry , was in defence of those principles. He was protecting someone.
He loved what he did, and the people he worked with.

And that man loved his wife. You could hear it anytime he said her name.
Several times I could hear her laughing in the background in mock horror at some of the hilarious, (and slightly disturbing) interchanges between he and Gemini..

He actually came online several weeks ago to play. And it was pure joy to hear him laugh.
He had a great time...we all did.
We ran our routes on Garage...where he rushes the kitchen.... nades, and second man prefires the hallway.

(i was the second man)

I shot him....
right in the ass.

Ive never heeard him laugh so hard, and honestly.
He sounded very tired..and i knew what it meant.
He came by just to be with us..it was profound.
Ill remember that.

I began grieving then..because it seemed so very unfair.

He would make fun of me, for the depth of my grief..im sure.
Dancie, I'm mostly sad for Joanie. Such a sweet loving supportive woman...
and I know how much she'll miss you.

Yeah Dance...ready up.

Michael Anthony

p.s. Thank you for inviting me into SiX, and fighting Nixons 'no' vote to confirm me. We need more love

I discovered why the buddha laughs.
The truth is so horrifying, it's funny.
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2006, 07:25:26 am »

I can't say I had the pleasure of personally knowing Dancer but I am truly sorry to hear of his passing. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
Angel

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2006, 07:50:08 am »

I met Dancie through Gem, and the first conversation they ever had in my presence was all about the intense-to-the-point-of-violent manlove they shared for eachother.  And their love endured all the way from the early days of rainbow six to the WoW days and nights Smiley.  Being part (by proximity) of the SiX clan on GR and then the SiX guild in warcraft gave me a chance to sing showtunes with Dancie, talk about love and life, and commiserate about how I had lost Gem to Bio and there was no reclaiming him.  Dancie would do anything for anyone (including logging on when we would call his cell at 2am cause we needed a tank in van cleef).  My favorite dancie memories while gaming usually started with him saying things like "whoops," or swearing cheerfully.  And in WoW he used to take screenshots he called "Family Portraits" of us running around together.  I hope he enjoyed his time with us as much as we loved spending time with him. I thought he would be with us forever because he never seemed to doubt that he would be.  That is what made him such an exceptional person- I have never known anyone with such a positive drive.  We will all miss him and I am so happy to have known him.
Bye, Dancie and much love from your punkster.
-Angel aka Punkie
(SiX)Dishwasher

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2006, 08:04:01 am »

If Terry Fox was a dancer instead of a runner, his name would have been Daniel Shapiro.

From Eagle Watch to Warcraft, (SEALs) to SiX, I have known Dancer for 8 memorable years. He had one of the most amazing attitudes I have ever seen. He was a great prefirer in Rainbow Six, a marksman in Raven Shield, and a fantastic warrior in Warcraft.

When it all comes down to it, Dancer was the model gamer. Skilled, humble, friendly, sportsmanlike, funny, the list goes on. He taught us all that gaming was more than just about winning. It was about having fun with friends, winning or not, bottom line (and believe me, it can be very easy to forget that games are for fun when you get wrapped up in it like we all sometimes do  Wink ). I can honestly say that we are all better people just for having known him for as long as we did.

I will never forget the hilarious tk moments we had, from grenades to line of fire to claymore camping to straigh up blue dooring.

I will never forget the times we shared in Warcraft. One of the funniest moments i can remember with Dancer was making a 5g bet that I could make a very long leap over a gap in Blackfathom Deeps. I guess it was one of those you had to be there moments to see me go face first into a wall and fall right into the muck. What a great laugh that was.

It was never a dull moment with Dancer. I thoroughly enjoyed the time i knew and spent with him and he will not be soon forgotten.

"anyday now... that helm of yours is going to drop"

r up.

James Goldberg, Team SiX.
-aka Tical aka Dishwasher aka Citizen.
Blind_Eye

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2006, 08:11:55 am »

Being realatively new I didn't have the opportunity to experience what must have been a tremendous asset to the gaming world we know. Dancer will be missed but never forgotten. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
PloKoonPma

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2006, 08:25:28 am »

I will miss u dancer, it was great to have u back more often and share with u jokes & gunfire. All I can say its  he was a great player and i liked him and always had fun playing with him. My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

Te voy a extrañar un monton, me enseñaste muchas cosas en poco tiempo.

[a] FrOg

Panama, Central America
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 08:27:56 am by PloKoonPma » Logged
|ÅK|*Deora*

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2006, 09:51:26 am »

Well, I knew Dancer thru RvS.  We had many many many good games.  I really liked Dancer.  He didn't take a biased look at me, which showed me he was a great person, who was not judgmental, upon the he say/she say.  He was very competitive, and a pleasure to play with, and against.  I feel fond for him especially, because he was one of the few fellas, that really stood up for me, when all were against me.  I know I had missed him not playing RvS for the past while, and now I know why...   Dan, you're in God's Hands, and we'll always treasure the moments we shared together here, online.  You made many friends, and you touched their souls with your kind words.  We'll always remember good honest players like you, and cherish the good times.  Keep looking over us, and know we'll always have you in our hearts.  I know I will, and I know all that posted here will.  You were a good competitor, and a good man.  Our community, simply lost one of the good ones...   

God Bless You.

alaric
Forum Whore

What good is life if you don't have freedom?

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2006, 10:21:11 am »

Dancer, I must admit that I never knew you very well, though I knew of you. And after reading many of these posts I can honestly say that I wish I had taken the time to get to know you better over the years.

Here's to GGs in the afterlife...

"I would rather have incompetence and abuse of power than a group of people who want to bow down to the French and the United Nations." - BTs Ghostsniper, June 17, 2004, 01:44:16 PM
(SiX)Ben
Forum Whore

I love my *NADS

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2006, 10:28:02 am »

Ugh. how frustrating. I posted but I forgot to input a subject, so my post lost all it's content.

Anyway, Daniel was simply one of the greatest guys I had ever talked to on earth. i first got to talk to him about seven years ago, back in Rainbow 6 days. He defended my and my noobish ways, because I was a crappy player, and pretty young and immature. Time went on, Rainbow 6 died and ravenshield came out. This was when i really got to know Dan. I becamed a follower and joined SiX, which consisted of every old rainbow 6 vet still playing on gameranger. I got on voice comms and got to talk to dancer. I got to know him, his voice, his laugh.

We moved to World of Warcraft after a while, and I got to know him even more. No matter what game we played we relied on eachother. I was his rusher, he was my cover in shoot them up games. In WoW he was my tank, I was his healer. I remember, Joanie, him showing me picts of you on KDX after the dog messed you up a bit. i could hear the concern in his voice. he loved you.

Dancer and I talked about everything under the sun. he was the best of the best when it came to dirty talk. He was a huge comfort for me when my uncle died of cancer last year. One thing I never got the chance to express to him is how much he's affected my life. He was always optimistic, looking on the bright side. He would make a joke at the most irrational times, and his laugh was downright infectious. I knew he had lost energy and whatnot from reports via Nick, but I never thought he was going to die. i don't know why that never occured to me. To me, Dan just seemed something so surreal that he could never be beat. I really wish i could tell him how much he impacted my life. That's the one thing I regret never telling him. how awesome of a man he was and how much he has done for me without even realizing it.

But I suppose I should focus on memories, eh? Well, my favorite Rainbow 6 memory was being schooled by him in Road Ambush repetitively. He'd type random things like *smooch* and stuff after killing me. it made me giggle. tehehehe. He was always good humored like that. In raven shield, by far my favorite memory was getting to hear his voice for the first time and actually having the chance to talk to him ear to ear, so to speak. He would randomly pull amazing kills out of his ass in the most opportune times. And would never EVER get upset. Finally, World of Warcraft, every time I heard Dan say something like "Whoops" I remember nervously giggling to myself.

I feel blessed to ever have been given the chance to know Dan. He was one of the greatest people I had the privilege to meet.

Love you D

"Hey. You see that button there.... the one everyone else pushed... it says "READY"... you never hit it. maybe you should now, eh?... Being as we're all waiting on you and whatnot.."

~ Ben Odell
aka (SiX)Ben & TheBenners
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 10:56:49 am by (SiX)Ben » Logged

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."
Benjamin Franklin
(SiX)Dema

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2006, 03:49:06 pm »

It's wonderful to read so many kind words about Dancer.  I greatly miss the old r6 days of taking FB's and using them all to blind dancer, nixon, and pretty much any other SiX on my team as much as possible (:  I played a bit with him on rvs and listened in on the man-fest kdx orgies back when i was without a mic, and now (of course) i deeply regret my dissent from the mac gaming community.  It really is something special to know that the simple pleasure of playing games with him helped him through rough times.

My best wishes go out to his wife, and I hope the words of everyone here will help her through this time.
SiX.Nixon

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2006, 07:41:49 pm »

Dancer and I go way back on Game Ranger, he was a great R6/RVS player and most importantly he was a wonderful person.  This is one of the nicest guys you could ever meet man i am telling you.  He played fair in Game and in Life, and fought to the very end!  He will be missed by me and alot of others I am sure, Dancer helped me out in RL more than once and even more (in game), a man you can only remember with great intence feelings. Long Live your Spirit my brother!

Nixon
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads