*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 01:12:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: :MoD: and :cO: cb postponed  (Read 2169 times)
Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« on: July 04, 2004, 12:54:27 am »

Hello admins,

Both :cO: and :MoD: had a talk about the issue with most of our guys gone because of the US holiday as well as it being in summer and the fact that this season was extended for some strange reason and we had come to the conclusion that at this time we cannot do the CB's.  We have both agreed to postpone this until the following weekend when all of our guys are online.  I know this goes kind of against DAMN BL and at this time we have both agreed that most of our guys arent even going to be online for this season finals start time because of the holiday and we have agreed to wait until then for the finals.  If there are any issues about this then plz let me know because there is no way that we can do these finals with the guys that we have online for either team.

:MoD:Saberian

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
Saberian 3000

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2004, 10:00:53 am »

I have just been told by Civic that he is forcing a time for us to finish the CB's between :CO: and :MoD: which is bullshit because he is telling me that he has the power over the admins as being impartial to do this.  Excuse me?  But who the fuck do you think you are Civic to impose that I in any way think you are non-biased.  Please man, you are far from being non-biased and I will not in any way accept your word about this issue.  You are completely biased for the fact that you stated yoursel, that your team was the only ones that were waiting for this cb season to end.  Therefore you are completely biased.  

Rule 32.1 that he was throwing in my face stated, "Should the deadline approach and the cbs are not yet concluded, any admin (recognized by both clans as impartial, picture the acceptance process of a jury) may extend the deadline to a set time that is agreed through him between the clans."  

He must be deaf when I told him the reasons why he was not impartial to this issue but insists that by this rule, a lot like president Bush BTW, thinks that he has complete Autonomy of the BL because of this rule.  Please admins have a talk with him about this.  I have copied the conversation for your approval on this issue because this is bullshit being told by an admin that he has complete power over this.  Now if another admin, that was not tied down to this issue was saying that, it would have been a slightly different issue.  I would have protested again, but because of Civic's direct involvement in the outcome of this I do not think he should be allowed to make a judgement like that.  He is not impartial and therefore should not be allowed to make a decision based of of something that will directly affect him and only his clan with the outcome. Well, as long as Po) loses another cb that is.

The sad thing is that both clans :cO: and :MoD: came up with this decision mutually and both clans gave eachother props for dealing with this issue peacefully. Then Civic comes along and tells us that we can't do that, and that we dont have the power to do that but he has the power to force us to play a CB instead.  Now this is not an issue where either side could not deicde of a time.  We have decided the times of our games.  It's just Civic has put it upon himself to make the decision of how we play for us, therefore fucking with the outcome of this cb.  Both :cO: and :MoD: dont want to be rushed into this and because of this we have decided the best time for us to be able to play these games for the finals.  And since we are not going straight into next season after this I dont see what the issue is about this.  We cordially agreed to do this next week, and it's funny how so far only Civic is the only one that is making a serious shit about this to me.   Well Civic, tell me, since you are the only one to have an issue with this why you are impartial to the outcome of this game?  And say your words carefully cause I have recorded your words as well, and will use them to explain my issues with why you are impartial in this matter.

Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2004, 10:30:09 am »

This is exactly why people are starting to leave the battle league.

Get over it. Move on. Have fun. Quit bitching.

This is the part that really did it for me:

Rule 32.1 that he was throwing in my face stated, "Should the deadline approach and the cbs are not yet concluded, any admin (recognized by both clans as impartial, picture the acceptance process of a jury) may extend the deadline to a set time that is agreed through him between the clans."

This isn't the supreme fucking court. Just play the damn game, and if you guys can't come up with a fair time, then who gives a flying fuck?

It's a game.

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don't make me smack you.

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2004, 10:43:32 am »

Hey sab welcome to our word from last season.... execpt it was the other way around... we were trng to follow the rules and stay in the alloted time that the cb's were suppoed to be done..... but an extetion was granted...

I dont see why an exstention cant be granted in this case.. it was last season when only one of the 2 clans involved wanted it to be

Djing isn't realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it's about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ's:they love it, they live for it.
~Po~ TiroFino

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2004, 11:47:50 am »

It is a bunch of BULL.

Yesterday, Po was forced to CB  z][t  while our best guys were unaware that we had to such CB. According to Civic, we either cbed or lost anyways... the majority of the veteran players of Po were not present to cb do to the holiday here in America.
Civic may argue that it is  our fault we did not know the rule that obligated us to cb this weekend.... I just wish he would have accepted a postponement of the cb in order for us to gather our top team together..... I guess they just want to win at all cost! What a shame....

This is not to say you could not beat our best guys, but why not be reasonable and allow the time to get our guys together for a more fair cb. -This win at all cost attitude borders with Not Playing Fair.

I would also like to request that the rules be more specific about this. I have read them and yes, they do mention the time, but they are vague!

Nonetheless, reason and sportsmanship should prevail, and if a clan was not ready to cb, such was our case, then why not agree and allow an extension.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2004, 11:52:02 am by TiroFino » Logged

"Ask not what your Mac can do for you, but what you can do for your Mac"
z][t-Magnetic

www.transistor6.net

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2004, 02:56:27 pm »

Tiro...I?m sorry to hear that you think z][t are poor sportsmen, and that we just want to win at all costs. I?m sure I speak for everyone in z][t when I say, that?s not the case. We want to win...everyone does...but we want to win on the battlefield, and not from reading the rules. That?s just as lame as some clans watching replays over and over to find something to report about the other clan.

I never heard any mentioning of the problem you bring forward here, when we played yesterday. I?m sorry you didn?t bring it up, cause then we could have postponed. Last season we had to postpone cbs against MoD because they wanted some specific players to be around...and that?s quite ok with us. We understand that you want to have the core team playing. We want that too.

All I know is that you had agreed to play at the time stated in the rules.

Tell us when your A-team can be online for the second semifinal cb.

z][t-Magnetic

BTs_Mysterio
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2004, 06:06:58 pm »

This is all just pure BS. There is a major flaw in the BL to force games to be played. For z][t to turn and go back on their word without any warning is complete BS for MoD, and if I read that right also for Po.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
Civrock

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2004, 06:24:12 pm »

You are completely biased for the fact that you stated yoursel, that your team was the only ones that were waiting for this cb season to end.  Therefore you are completely biased.  

how many clans are in this league? all clans who are not in the Finals are waiting for the next season to start... i did never say that we?re the only one waiting. it makes no sense, i?m not biased.

The sad thing is that both clans :cO: and :MoD: came up with this decision mutually and both clans gave eachother props for dealing with this issue peacefully. Then Civic comes along and tells us that we can't do that, and that we dont have the power to do that but he has the power to force us to play a CB instead.  Now this is not an issue where either side could not deicde of a time.  We have decided the times of our games.  It's just Civic has put it upon himself to make the decision of how we play for us, therefore fucking with the outcome of this cb.  Both :cO: and :MoD: dont want to be rushed into this and because of this we have decided the best time for us to be able to play these games for the finals.

you cant simply agree on a time yourself and, with that, delay the complete Finals without even talking to any admin before. the second round of Finals is next weekend and i told you that i?d give both, cO and MoD, time till even friday to get the first round cbs played (mainly becuz today, 4th july, is a holiday). i have this right according to rule 32.1, to prevent what happened last year (both clans have to agree, of course). nobody from cO or MoD talked to any admin about an extension.[/color]

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
Brutha
Forum Whore

Assumption is the brother of all fuck ups

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2004, 06:50:07 pm »

how many clans are in this league? all clans who are not in the Finals are waiting for the next season to start... i did never say that we?re the only one waiting. it makes no sense, i?m not biased.

The problem is not wether YOU consider yourself biassed or not....WE consider you biassed. This because you represent another clan in the finals, and therefore have an interest in this matter that extends your rank as an admin to your place as a clanleader. That means you have no say in this as the rules states. BOTH CLANS have to agree on the admin(whether he is impartial or not). We do not agree to you. But I am sure other admins have seen this by now and are thinking of solutions.

As for the end of the season. Last season the RvS finals were extended for quite some time because of an issue. And I do not see the problem with doing the same here. We did not create this issue. Admins did. But you are right, admins can set the time and date, if we agree on the admin that does so. So, please resolve this matter in favor of the battle league and the fact that games are supposed to be fun. And there is no hidden agenda from neither :MoD: nor :cO:, we just want to be able to play this game with players online.

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
Civrock

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2004, 06:54:23 pm »

yeah... i?d really like to talk about it with another admin. i already started a thread in the adminzone yesterday about an extension of the Finals cuz of the holidays issue... no other admin answered yet, though.

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
z][t-Magnetic

www.transistor6.net

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2004, 07:31:29 pm »

For z][t to turn and go back on their word without any warning is complete BS for MoD, and if I read that right also for Po.

Ehh? What are you talking about?
I said that z][t postponed cbs, so MoD could have their best players ready. What is the "turn and go back on their words" here?Huh I don?t see it. Looks more to me like the sportsmanship you should expect from any clan on the DBL (or any upcoming ladder for that matter).
Please clarify your comment.

Po)| Murdurah
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2004, 07:51:32 pm »

Just to throw my two cents in:

As a noob leader I accept a large amount of blame for our situation on Saturday - we should have been more prepared.
Nevertheless I feel chapped about it, and believe me, I'm happy to lose in a fair fight, its the Lawyer-ness of the whole affair that pisses me off - isn't it about having a good challenging game, rather than using the rules?

A.) We were railroaded into playing and there was never suggestion that any other option existed, in fact I was told by Civic that we would have to play shorthanded if enough players didn't show up in time.
B.) Maybe I'm a retard but I contend that the rules are not that clear - why aren't specific dates of the cb's listed, or an email, or something - why require extrapolation from 5 point type? And how could everything have gotten so messed up for 3 out of 4 teams if the rules are so clear?
C.) As an admin, Civic has a greater obligation to explain the process and options...I argued less than I should have, hell, I should've refused to play, but for the fact that I figured since Civic is an admin he would be totally transparant about the options available. So I tried to make the best of it with a smile when I should've been bitching and moaning.

Note: I certainly don't judge ZT on this experience, just a little sore at Civic.

I wasn't angry about it until I found out MOD and Co had delayed, then I freaked.
Anyway, it's partly my fault so I can't be quite as self righteous as I'd like.

murd.
Saberian 3000

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2004, 07:55:05 pm »

Umm, sorry to say but that is bullshit Magnetic.  We played the CB's on time last season and I wont even go thru this carp with you now, because again, you are trying to mis-inform others about what is going on with this issue.  IT's funny how you were saying that we were all good last season, even in your posts online after last season was over.  Then at the end of this season, when things dont go your way, you start this shit up.  Plz man, we played on time last season and fair.  So don't ever use last season as an example of us trying to stall things, because like I told Civic, this shit will bite you in the ass.  I have made myself very clear about what the issues are here:

1) We have foefieted to BOC because of the issues that I would rather leave out of this thread.

2) Both :cO: and :MoD: have mutually agreed to postpone the cb's untill next weekend because of the holiday's and our guys not being here.

So if you are going to use cb's that suppposively we postponed, please let me know which ones Magnetic, cause that is a load of shit.  All our cb's were played on the alotted times and for you to go taint last season with your mis-information when it comes to the games we played is complete bullshit.  Yo never waited for us to get our best players online.  We played ON TIME!  So for you to even  bring garbage like that up here shows what lack of taste you have in this situation.  Dont use us for any reason to how you are this sportsman, because your team has always lacked that quality. Otherwise I would have to sit here and deal with these bullshit lies about how we tried to stall last season to ge our best guys on.  If you even look at out guys online that were playing they were far from our best.  but we had the guys to do it, so we did.  That's all, just dont you go start lying about this as well to make yourself or your clan look better Magnetic.   This is a perfect example of z][t getting caught in a lie with Civic and Magnetic trying to cover it up with more lies.  Plz man, dont go there.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2004, 07:56:49 pm by :MoD:Saberian » Logged

Aramarth
Forum Whore

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2004, 08:15:29 pm »

I would like to go on record about the rule mentioning finals extensions. See, I wrote that rule. The intent is not that any admin can say when you play, thats just stupid. The idea is that MoD and cO can pick an admin to help them settle on a time that will work best for them. Civic cannot appoint himself as your admin. That said, I think we (the admins) can work on an overall extension, since this weekend is clearly not going to work.

The wOOt is your friend. Trust the wOOt.

The worst part of being an admin is trying to remember to color your text every time... Wink
I own the former VT supercomputer node 177 wOOt! http://www.tcf.vt.edu/
z][t-Magnetic

www.transistor6.net

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2004, 08:23:05 pm »

What is this forum about?

Every time I go here, some one is talking shit about other people and making hour long posts to make their point. This is more like a pissing contest on words than a constructive environment.

I have no problems with you Saberian or with MoD...but why do you feel the need to talk like that about me? I?m not talking about the finals games last season, which we played according to plans. I?m talking about some other time, where we had set up a cb, and then it couldn?t be played anyway. It was just an example, not anything that you should take any offence by. I?m not pointing any fingers at your clan. As I wrote...it was ok that the cb was postponed.

That said...I?m signing out of this forum. My life is too short to get my mood ruined every time I come here. I will cya all later on another league.

And if you feel like answering me Sab, do it on Gameranger, as I won?t be checking in here anymore.

z][t-Magnetic

Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2004, 08:33:48 pm »

No matter what the decisions by the admins, :MoD: and :cO: will not be cbing this weekend. Because the League length was extended it fell on a U.S. national holiday and since all of :cO:. is U.S. we cannot be cbing this weekend. That's that.

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
Aramarth
Forum Whore

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2004, 08:37:17 pm »

Relax guys. Your admins (all two of us) are doing what we can. More to come when we decide what to do.

The worst part of being an admin is trying to remember to color your text every time... Wink
Saberian 3000

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2004, 08:37:40 pm »

My apologies then  Magenetic, I was just getting the feeling that what you said was being portrayed as a fact that we purposely postponed last season's finals.  If it was not made that way then my apologies. To be honest I wish I didnt have to write these posts but the simple fact of the matter is that we are used as targets for other peoples assults, and for that it is my job as the leader of this clan to uphold our honor and explain why we did not do what is obviously being said.  So Unfortunately i have to waste my time in her explaining for the clan because if I dont then I dont feel that our clan can be expressed in the way that it should.  So because of the way the admins have this setup I must do this in this fashion.  i dont know what is being said on the admin side, but I do know what is here, and by making myself perfectly clear in these scenarios that are brought up in these forums I make it totally clear where we stand.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2004, 08:44:03 pm by :MoD:Saberian » Logged

Brutha
Forum Whore

Assumption is the brother of all fuck ups

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2004, 09:05:40 pm »

What pisses me off is that this is an issue between :cO, :MoD: and admins. Not zt, not po. And the reason for this topic going sour, and others like, it is that ppl that have nothing to do with this issue voice their oppinion. And oppinons are basis for misunderstandings. So ppl get pissed and hey, we got ourselves a flamewar. So....If you are Admin, :cO or :MoD:...then by all means, take a part in this thread. If not...shut up!

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
Aramarth
Forum Whore

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2004, 09:38:11 pm »

Nothing useful left in this thread. Please be patient for a decision (which right now looks like a week extention for all clans, not just mod cO and BoC).

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads