*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 03:59:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mainseason Winner additionally awarded  (Read 6571 times)
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2005, 10:26:10 pm »

I know that I feel safer in an FFA with an hbs. Without it I would def camp.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
BTs_Mysterio
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2005, 04:14:13 am »

You use HBS when running around?

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2005, 06:25:58 am »

If you know that theres only one or two other people left on the map, and you can't hear anyone, why not run, stop, use your hbs? Of course, this could be the reason I'm ranked close to last on the ffa ladder Grin

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Daf|Raven™

Ready to fight to the death!

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2005, 03:11:25 pm »

lol spike. You oddball. I really hate hbs, but at least they aren't as cheap as they used to be on rogue spear. Man it showed things too clearly on that and made it dumb. I still think they are, but surprise and quick reactions are what makes the game more fun and skillful if you ask me.  Grin Then again sometimes you have nothin else to resort to.

Oh ghost, I didn't know ffa were restricted to 8, sorry bout that. lol.

What can we do about making maps without camping abilities? You'd have to make an open field with nothing to hide behind. Maybe... hmmm have you seen those maps with glass walls? You can see every player, but you can't shoot through the walls and well hmmm. Maybe you could do that, lol. Maybe you could make the maps like a paintball coarse with small bunkers. All in all, you can't stop campers from camping, it's just impossible. I know that in rogue spear camping was less in the smaller maps. it wasn't always that possible. You never know, maybe during the off season you could have a "practice season" on such maps to see what people think of those maps. It's worth a try.

I'm not that blind, i'm not deaf either, make a sudden movement or sound and I don't miss it, you're just dead
BTs_Mysterio
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2005, 07:40:49 pm »

HBS let you know the exact location. You can do the same by learning the sounds of RvS. They put a lot of effort in that. HBS are extremely close range, more so than your ears in that game. There's no point for close range sensoring unless you have a trap set.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
Daf|Raven™

Ready to fight to the death!

« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2005, 09:37:28 pm »

I'd have to agree with Myst, HBs do have a pointless use, and if somoene is coming your way and you pull out your hb to find them, it's too late, you could've surprised them greater by waiting for them, that hb only makes extra sound for listeners to use to find your location. The sound effects in the game are awsome, why throw away the chance for a better surprise by using a cheap hb

I'm not that blind, i'm not deaf either, make a sudden movement or sound and I don't miss it, you're just dead
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads