*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 04:03:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season X: when shall we start?  (Read 3053 times)
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2005, 05:01:26 am »

Why not allow improvements during the season again?

Cause that just screws everybody up.  They decided a season or two ago not to make changes in the middle of the season because it always pissed everybody off.

P.S.  I have retired from Team Gaming for the time being, so these things really don't bother me, and I'm not trying to change things to suite my preferences....I simply wanted to help.  I will remain in the BattleTek Squad with a .ret tag on the end of my name, but I will probably remain active in the GhR FFA Ladder.[/size]

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2005, 05:04:21 am »

Back in old days we liked updates.

P.S. You got a PC?

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2005, 10:06:49 am »

Why not allow improvements during the season again?

Back in the old days People wore loin cloths and battered animals for breakfast. your point being?

People like updates, they don't like them coming mid season however when they are trying to concentrate on whooping their oppolents. Changes mid season became extreamly unpopular so we promised we woud refrain from making them mid season - hence why we have this periiod between changes for feedback and to make changes.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Brutha
Forum Whore

Assumption is the brother of all fuck ups

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2005, 10:36:10 am »

You sound so old that it might be time to retire and let us "young folks" take care of things. The old days are over myst, replaced by the "new". Changes mid season screw thing. You want to know why? Last time we saw the introduccion of a map pack, some clans had played them before they got entered. Not good. The season after, nearing the end of the season :MoD: was leading the ladder and suddenly the season got longer...we werent too happy about that. Had that happened with MP5 on top I bet I would see Typhy make "Damn admins" threads again. Hang on...I did that back then Wink

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
Ein

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2005, 05:39:54 pm »

No one is saying that we dont like updates. New rules are always good as well as new maps, however if you start a season with one sety of rules and/or maps, it simnply is not fair for all concerned to finish the season with a different set of rules/maps. For instance, say it was basketball, or better yet for euros, football(soccer). Its half way through the game and one team has a large lead. The rules change and goals are worth 2 points now and instead of playing on grass, the ground is switched to cement or astroturf. Now is that fair?

depends which team your on right?

Maybe that wasnt the best example to get my point across but still, it just messes things up to add updates mid season

Ein
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2005, 08:19:59 pm »

On the day before voting closes I say that we wait because I think we could get some more improvements in the league as in a new mappack possibly with large maps and not small CQB maps like there has been in the other *DMP's.

BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2005, 09:13:00 pm »

We should have democracy in the DBL. Of course right now "elected officials" doesn't line up with DAMN MS style of product release.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 01:21:11 pm by Mysterio » Logged

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2005, 05:08:00 am »

On the day before voting closes I say that we wait because I think we could get some more improvements in the league as in a new mappack possibly with large maps and not small CQB maps like there has been in the other *DMP's.

Downtown is cqb because it is streets, shade is talking about more open maps like red square and tank

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2005, 07:47:22 pm »

We should have democracy in the DBL. Of course right now "elected officials" doesn't line up with DAMN MS style of product release.

Myst, please do not delete my posts. I will remind you again that if you have a problem, make a thread about it. Otherwise, please stay on topic.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2005, 09:44:46 pm »

Spike, please do not edit my posts when what you have to say is more useful in another reply. I made topics on this many times in the past and DAMN every time simply says no with no real reasons, I don't suppose there was any reason you decided to pick me after all those other threads which just became one, with everyone going off topic, but sure.

BTW, the vote looks pretty even recently.

John Lennon
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2005, 09:52:14 pm »

I picked you because I didn't like the persistently negative tone towards *DAMN that has pervaded many of your posts, not only in this thread, but in others. Also, you were going off topic.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2005, 09:55:52 pm »

Read the admin BS hand book or something? There's nothing negative about wanting the season to be fully complete with all planned changes. Or supporting the sheep system. Hell, there's not a damn thing negative about wanting the people to be able to vote for their admins. Change isn't negative, change is inevitable.

John Lennon
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2005, 09:58:21 pm »

Mystero your posts will be edited as are all posts i they go off topic like you did on this kind of thread - they are edited to keep posts down to stop the threads from being distracted from the topic. You post was edited by a Mod for a reason and should not be deleted simply because you do not like having your posts moderated.

In future please post your complaints, criticisms and questions about the status of *DAMN and democracy  here

This thread and the other concurrent threads regarding the coming season are here to give people the opportunity to have their voices heard and have important discussions about these issues, they are not here for you to post your complaints about how damn and the Admins operate.

Anything else off topic in this thread will be removed.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 10:01:40 pm by :MoD: BFG » Logged

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2005, 10:05:59 pm »

I would like to request this poll be re-opened. There was obviously still many voters voting, and regardless of the outcome they should get their chance too.

John Lennon
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2005, 10:21:08 pm »

I would prefer the most complete version... and judging by what I hear that won't be the 100% despite it's name

The poll was opened only for 3 days because we also need time to adapt to the outcome of the poll and base our shedule on it.

However about your worries - the season will be complete and all necessary changes will be implemented, only some bonus additions won't make it into season X, but will be added in season XI. To sum up all flaws  and problems we experienced in the last seasons should be fixed. Some surprises and the map pack merger won't make it into it.

Tomorrow I gonna start the next row of season X topics. Just had a few tests already this week so I wasn't much online.

Bye

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads