*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 06:12:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Admin Structure/Council Discussion  (Read 2761 times)
[one] Gambit

Protector of llamas everywhere

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2003, 02:16:48 pm »

I am for the provision creating rotating admin seats rather than a council. Seats could be good for one season, with half being replaced at teh end of each season, All seats would be replaced over the course of 2 seasons.

My only reservation is: are there 24-36 ppl available and capable of doing the job?

I have some reservations about the 2/3 rule. First, it's asking a lot that all admins vote on every issue (if I am reading the thread properly). Especially if there is a time limit on issuing a decision. Here is what i propose:

Senior Admins (those in permanent seats or those in their 2nd season) will look in the problem drop box and when there's something there, select 2 other admins based on who isnt already working on something else. These 3 will deal with that specific problem. This would be for basic rules interpretations (glitching, improper substitutions, etc). This would greatly speed day-to-day 'minor' issues. Time limit for verdict: 24 hours

For issues which deal with subjects not covered in the rules, the full admin pool would be consulted, with teh 2/3 majority required to create new rules. Mauti would have input and  veto power. Because people go out of town, a quorum could be set- 10 admins, say. A minimum of 10 voting admins on any issue. Mauti would hold the tie breaker vote. Time limit for verdict: 48 hours.

Thanks for reading

.::|N|SOC

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2003, 07:26:39 pm »

I'd like to apologize for not responding sooner as well. Work has gotten very hectic here. Anyone know two or three architects in nyc that need jobs? jk...

I think Ara cleared up what we had discussed regarding council vs. admin responsibilities. The council makes the rules, the admins enforce them. The council are elected, from the pool of clan members/leaders. The admins are appointed...more like 'professionals' than politicians.

I agree that the council idea needs more work, especially if it needs to be integrated into the existing heirarchy here.

My underlying interest in the council was that the whole rule-making and rule-enforcing apparatus be made more transparent on the one hand, while certain issues be more closed on the other.

For example: an issue comes up in a cb, which brings to light a previously undiscovered issue. The admins consider the issue, and realize that they cannot rule upon it due to the lack of rules on the matter. The admins bump the issue up to the council, who have an open discussion on the forums, with different viewpoints addressed, and a vote of council members is made to decide the new rule, which then bumps the issue back to the admins to enforce.

I grant you that this is different at all from how most issues have been handled in the past. However, it is not how ALL issues have been handled. Also, it would be beneficial for ALL council discussions to be held on open forums, while the admin discussions are held privately. Here's why:

In another cb, something happens which suggests to team-A that a member of team-B is cheating somehow. If they want to go 'official' with that allegation- meaning that they want the match forfeited and the cheater suspended/ejected from the league, that should be done privately, not in public view. Too often in the past, calling someone a cheater becomes a massive flame-fest, with no productive purpose except tarnishing the name of a person and their clan for all time. That's a serious thing, to me. Someone should not be able to call someone a cheater unless they have proof, and that proof is validated by the admins. There should also be a penalty for making public allegations that are later proven false.

I feel that glitches could be dealt with in a similar way. Making them public just gets messy. Why not have the issue looked at quietly by the admins, who can call in 'experts' to review the data if need be. Making it public just gets ugly. Once a decision is reached, sure, let everyone know what happened and what not to do in the future so we can all benefit from the lessons.

The underlying concept is that the making of rules is a public act, which welcomes wide participation. The enforcing of rules is private, and should be limited to the interested parties. The results of enforcement should be public, so everyone benefits from understanding the rules.

Hope this is a productive contribution. I agree that this needs more discussion to be useful, so maybe this is season-7 material.

"I'm #2... and #1 is waaaaay overrated"

NETWORK :::: http://cwdim.com/forum
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2003, 07:56:47 pm »

Thanks for your posts guys.

In response to Eight: there aren't 4-5MP admins now(except you count Grifter and Destructo too) and further Ace, Brain and Voodoo weren't in MP when they became admins. In short MP didn't excist when they became admins.

However for season 6 I'm looking for another 3 - 4 admins. At least one, preferable 2, should be from Europe and 2 others from US clans that were active last season so if you still want to become an admin for at least season 6 post in the thread I gonna post soon.

All in all when you made your first post about Noto being an admin I said to you wait a little bit, because I would have asked you personally if you are still interested but obviously you can't wait so I make it again short: if you are interested chances are unfair high that you will make it  Wink

Dinner now see you later,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2003, 05:54:13 am »

Wow.... make it 0 MP battle league admins.

Eight's attempt at making a point ----> pwnt

Cool

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads