*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 05:49:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season 6 rule additions(to be discussed)  (Read 3426 times)
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2003, 12:41:14 pm »

Yep good idea Gambit. The warning points would only be for the "my glitch doubt has been proved what happens" action.

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Noto
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2003, 09:31:39 pm »

In regards to glitching...

Unintentional vs. =Intentional?

How about this:

? If you glitch and kill someone = Forfeit the entire match (Same as before).

? If you glitch and do not kill = Forfeit that game. No replay.

We need to let glitchers know that either "form" of glitching is not acceptable. If you glitch and kill, then you are dumb, and the CB is forfeited. If you glitch, and no one is killed, you're still a dumbass, but only that game is forfeited.

I personally hate replaying a game because it's never the same situation. Different spawns, different kills, just different different different. I think replaying a round, which was being fairly played by one clan, is unfair to the clan who followed the rules.  Therefore, the game that was in question for a glitch, if found unintentional, should be counted as a loss for that game only, not replayed.  

I still feel that it is the clan leader's responsibility to make sure their clan knows about glitches, what and where they are, and how to avoid them.

As for giving warnings, should we not consider this thread as the one and only warning these clans need?  Giving warnings are much like a slaps on the wrist in school.  If the rules are stated clearly at the beginning, those who are breaking the rules were well aware of the consequences.  Warnings should only be used in cases where the rule is not clear enough.  The issue of a rule being clear or not clear could also be decided upon by the Admins in a 2/3 or 66% vote.

.::|N| Noto
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2003, 10:02:38 pm »

You can't judge if a glitch was made intentional or not. That just leaves ground for unclear admin decisions.

Further I think we should go away from forfeited matches. See my first post Noto. Only if a clan glitched twice the complete game will be auto forfeited otherwise it depends on how this single game would have affected the whole cb. There won't be any "replay" the game decisions anymore.

With such rules I try to concentrate more on gaming again.

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
Aramarth
Forum Whore

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2003, 04:25:24 am »

crypt, fah, billy, and bfg:

May I introduce you to the BIG DOPEY GRIN BROTHERS:  Grin Grin

They denote a joke, an element of humor, or a reference-to-a-controversial-topic-on-purpose-for-getting-a-reaction state of the nearby or in this case enclosed statement.  Thank you for totally swallowing my bait like the big-mouthed bass that you all are.  I end this post on a " Grin " note and suggest that the topic moves on, letting the joke sit where it was meant to.  Sad that it has to be a joke instead of reality though. Wink

P.S. Sorry for disrupting your thread Mauti.

The wOOt is your friend. Trust the wOOt.

The worst part of being an admin is trying to remember to color your text every time... Wink
I own the former VT supercomputer node 177 wOOt! http://www.tcf.vt.edu/
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2003, 11:19:58 pm »

I like the warning point system a lot and think it will be effective.

Hazard

P.S. And for the love of God what about forfeit weakening! I thought people didn't want cheap wins/losses!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2003, 11:20:54 pm by ?Hazard » Logged

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2003, 01:50:53 am »

Hazard please explain what exactly do you mean with forfeit weakening.

One step to make forfeits less happen is to have forfeits due glitches only if you get caught glitching twice in a cb but other than that where do you think we should change the rules so less forfeits happen?

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2003, 02:20:19 am »

Give less points for forfeit wins then regular wins. Make a "disputed win" reward half the points(amount is up for discussion) and a "disputed loss" make you lose double the amount(once again amount is up for discussion.)

I think no one will strive to get a win by forfeit if they have nothing to gain from it. People will be more likely agree to redo the game in question if there is a penalty for both sides.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2003, 02:29:51 am »

I see where you are coming from but the only problem is that we would have to rewrite major parts of the script to realize that.

since 13th June 2000
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2003, 02:32:50 am »

Gotcha. Just a thought I had.

~ Einstein
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2003, 11:27:19 pm »

I think in general also most clans really look to avoid having forfiet wins... theres no joy in it and well we play to play...
I think the warning system regarding glitching would be most effictive and gets my vote

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don't make me smack you.

« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2003, 11:52:38 am »

I also like the warning syst.

Djing isn't realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it's about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ's:they love it, they live for it.
=wL= Femme

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2003, 11:17:08 am »

... How about adding the s1-s3 maps to the required list of maps (a topic well discussed in the N forums, especially why it should be required instead of optional)?

Personally, I'd love to see these map packs added, simply for the variety. But, not in the middle of a season. 1) Too much work creating map mods; 2) Overwhelming for new clans. We would simply have to refuse playing them until we know them, which won't happen in the middle of a season.

I say banning sensors should just be it's own ladder, along with any weapon mods.

It would take too much away from what is already there.  These add different aspects to the game that may be better or worse for some people.

Agreed, banning sensors and/or grenades is too much of a change to the nature of team play. A large portion of what we train for involves that.

If it's that much of an issue for certain clans/people, let there be a mod written with single weapon kits, and have a seperate ladder for it to be used on. That would give everyone equal opportunity.

In regards to glitching...  
I still feel that it is the clan leader's responsibility to make sure their clan knows about glitches, what and where they are, and how to avoid them.

Agreement on this point, too, although there is a slight educational issue. In the official rules, there is a link to the Ghost Recon site about glitching... both of the links to explain glitching further are either broken or out of date. I would like this information, but it doesn't appear to be available. How can I furnish it to my clan if I can't find it?

Did I miss a rule or something on replays regarding dedicated servers somewhere? It appears that replays are not possible there. There must be another way to prove glitching by replays somehow?

I know that I'm sticking my foot in my mouth by even posting in this thread, as an inexperienced clan... but if you are wanting the ladder to grow, perhaps these things should be taken under consideration... such as:

If established clans resent replaying games so much, please do not require that for glitching. First, they won't want to cb us, and second, we are NEW and bound to have a couple of slip-ups somewhere along the line.

Point penalties would be preferential (at least, my first choice). If that is not possible, warning points are better than forefits, that way new clans can eliminate their repeat offenders from cb participation--and give the individual player a url to show him/her why.

Although, it would be almost too easy for a new clan to eliminate itself from future participation on the ladder if more than one player has a "slip-up." It seems too harsh to let mistakes made in a first season played by a clan totally eliminate it from current season and possibly a future one, too  ... that will either send them elsewhere, or cause them to disband and completely give up. With the current point system, a single cb could knock a clan out of play not only for that season, but for the next one, too (?!?). (I know you don't want to play with newbies, but we have to start somewhere.)

Thanks for consideration. That was my 2 cents worth. I'll put a sock in it now,  Wink

Men have a much better time of it than women: for one thing they marry later; for another thing they die earlier.
 - H.L. Mencken
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads