*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 03:18:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season 6 rule additions(to be discussed)  (Read 3424 times)
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« on: November 19, 2003, 04:34:25 pm »

Alright here are some changes that gonna make it into season 6.

I just post them and you can comment on them and/or make other suggestions.

One of the main issues in season 5 was that at the beginning we had lots of glitching issues/discussions some justified but other were just started to get a cheap win as a consequence I would come add this rule:

If the doubt that someone glitched has been proofed (replay) the affected game will be turned into a win for you. If the endresult of the cb changes to a tie, your clan wins the cb. If it doesn't affect the endresult of the cb only the score will be modified(doesn't change anything at the combat points). If a clan is caught glitching? twice in a cb you get a forfeit win by 6 - 0 and the other clan gets a penalty

Something I need your help/input is about the penality: Penalty yes/no. If yes should we give a static penalty(e.g. you lose 50pts) or a dynamical one(e.g. you lose 20percent).
If you say no to penalties should we introduce warnings and if you have 3 warnings your clan get banned for the rest of the season!?

I think this rule would prevent or at least reduce the "I'm watching each replay to find a glitch" guys.

About other forfeits: I think we should eliminate those cheap wins e.g if a clan doesn't appear to an agreed time . Just give the clan a warning or a penalty and not a cheap win for the other clan. See above.

In the final cb ! vs N the default times have been discussed. Well I still think the default times are fine, especially now where the finals get complete played on a weekend. But I'm open for changes if you think you know better default times.

I can't remind other critic points except the "admin structure" which will discussed in another thread. So if you other suggestions just post them but I think all in all everything worked fine in season 5.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
th.Sentinel

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2003, 05:33:39 pm »

Good new rule!

My suggestion: penalty of 20% for 2 times glitching in a game, 2 penalty's > 1 warning, 3 penalty's > 2 warnings, 4th penalty 3rd warning > 5th penalty, ban from league.

Not showing up in time, no warnings, maybe penalty of 10% but how are we gonna do this? Is it only for the finals?

+    + +    ++[+] +     ++[+]
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2003, 05:56:32 pm »

For the finals: If a clan doesn't play in the finals we may should ban him for the next season.

Currently you can challenge clans and agree on times during the main season. This rule would give the clan that doesn't appear a penalty instead of giving the clan, which is waiting, a cheap win.

(We didn't have such an issue yet.)

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
[one] Gambit

Protector of llamas everywhere

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2003, 06:08:18 pm »

Once again, Mauti rides to the rescue Smiley

Overall this seems like a more reasonable method of dealing with glitching. It doesn't address the 'inadvertant glitch' directly, but that would require a degree of subjective analyisis that might be worth avoiding.

The issue of post-match replay scanning for any glitches not actually witnessed in the match could be further addressed. Perhaps the following might help:

During the course of the match, after the game in question, a screen shot including the statement 'it appeared so-and-so was glitching at this location at roughly this point in the game.' A specific reference to a specific situation. Nothing else would then be open for investigation. This by itself might be enough to eliminate the replay scanning.

I think the idea of 'three strikes and you're out' might be a bit harsh, but what about a combination of penalty points and a sliding scale? First offense, 50 pts: second offense, 100 points: third offense, 200 point: fourth offense, 300 points, etc.

Also, under whatever system is adopted, would the infractions only be counted on the ladder where they occured or would a clan have a runing total encompassing all the ladders? Maybe a running total, points deducted on the ladder where the infraction occured.

Due to the rule about forfeiting for not showing up to scheduled cb's, our clan has almost NEVER had scheduled matches. I don't know if we would schedule more matches if the penalties were less severe for flaking, but I always thought that was kind of harsh, given the fact that most people don't seem to give the same respect to an appointment here online that they do to face-to-face appointments.

The overseas cb issue is one with no easy answer. On paper, the default times are a reasonable compromise, especially on weekends. In reality, the default times leave me on the west coast of the US trying to play matches during peak usage times of my cable network. I thought the maga-match Network and Core ended up playing was a unique solution that might be seen again. I personally would have pushed for 3 consecutive best-of-fives.

Looking forward to a chance to see what you have to say on the Admin structure, Mauti.

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2003, 06:28:16 pm »

Another thing that was discussed during the season are the CQB map list. All larger maps will be removed as suggest.

since 13th June 2000
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2003, 07:26:17 pm »

Mauti, I know I heard someone else say that this may be a good idea for a rule but what do you think.

"A rule stating that there is to be no fireing of weapons untill 5 seconds have passed from the start of the game. The reason for this is so that no one can get cheap kills with shooting off the Gl from long distances into the possible insert areas."

I have seen more and more players use this method. I think this would be a good idea, maybe for all ladders.

vood's

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
.::|N| DIESEL

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2003, 09:00:02 pm »

LMAO@!

Mauti can we also just BAN Gernades, Im sick of getting throwing them at me during clan battles....  LOL!  
« Last Edit: November 19, 2003, 09:02:17 pm by .::|N| DIESEL » Logged

_D
"I'm #1 so why try harder."
Noto- "I'm sorry The .::|N|etwork isn't there to pump up the season like we have in the past.  You'll just have to wait for your shot next season."
Aramarth
Forum Whore

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2003, 09:13:18 pm »

Discussion... ok I can do that.  Ideas I throw at the mercy of the league:

How about adding the s1-s3 maps to the required list of maps (a topic well discussed in the N forums, especially why it should be required instead of optional)?

and/or

fixing the *DARN (pardon my pun) 4 broken kits which issue a second set of binoculars?  Shouldn't I be allowed to use the claymores with my m60 or sensors with my FAL?  Who is red storm to tell me I cant by not fixing this bug in one of their updates?  (I have the files fixed already if you would like them)

Grin Whos up for banning sensors, like every other respectable Ghost Recon league? Grin

and finally, my favorite and most joking of suggestions (i mean it DO NOT flame me plz!), make a rule that whenever SAR starts voicechatting in a game, everyone mutes their sound and starts chat spamming "sar's a frootcake"

The wOOt is your friend. Trust the wOOt.

The worst part of being an admin is trying to remember to color your text every time... Wink
I own the former VT supercomputer node 177 wOOt! http://www.tcf.vt.edu/
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2003, 10:58:44 pm »

I agree with VooDoo on this issue.  With the BTs Command Maps showing spawn points, some of the clans have gotten very good at nade spamming the spawn points for easy kills.  It's not a matter that deals with skill so much as ethics.

*COUGH* *COUGH* Red Square *COUGH* me and sar *COUGH*
 Grin

I totally disagree, if nades are banned or the launching of them at the start is banned too, then this league is no different than communism.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2003, 11:02:54 pm by BTs_CRYPT » Logged

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2003, 11:05:00 pm »

Grin Whos up for banning sensors, like every other respectable Ghost Recon league? Grin

Eh, I don't know how crazy you are, but I personally would hate to see sensors go, It was overruled once, and it'll be overruled again, sensors will stay.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2003, 11:07:00 pm »

How about adding the s1-s3 maps to the required list of maps (a topic well discussed in the N forums, especially why it should be required instead of optional)?

I agree, this game needs some spice added to it, and no other better way than adding new maps, how about new guns too? Wink

BTs_FahQ2

shit stinks, don't touch! drink more! beer shits!

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2003, 11:16:53 pm »

I say banning sensors should just be it's own ladder, along with any weapon mods.

It would take too much away from what is already there.  These add different aspects to the game that may be better or worse for some people.  I like the idea of original and X-tra Tasty Crispy, oh wait, I mean modified.

"Forgiveness is between you and your God, My job is to help arrange the meeting."
www.rmgraphix.com
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2003, 12:23:50 am »

If both clans agree any modifications can be used.

So... about weakening forfeits, it got lost in some other thread amidst flaming.

Should we give less points for a forfeit win? And lose more points for a forfeited loss?

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
c| Spetsnaz.
*DAMN Supporter

American Anarchist.

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2003, 12:37:18 am »

I totally disagree, if nades are banned or the launching of them at the start is banned too, then this league is no different than communism.

Interesting comparison, do you mean Marxists-Leninism or the classical Marxists theory of communism? Limiting nade spawn spamming, in my opinion is a good idea, because maps have been overlooked and forgotten because of the chance of getting killed in the first second of the game. It takes away from the game. If only this league was more communist, to quote the Communist Manifesto "The communists are further reproached with desiring to abolish countries and nationality" this would take care of the U.S. vs Euro dispute. I think a more proper comparison would be this league is an Oligarchy. For if it was truly communist in the Marxists sense the "proletarians"(common GhR folks) would have more say and the "bourgeoisie"(admins, community pillars) would heed to their call.

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
 ~Voltaire

"Politics is the womb in which war develops."
~Carl P. G. von Clausewitz
Noto
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2003, 01:04:07 am »

I will address a few posts within one.  Look at that!  I'm being efficient already!

"A rule stating that there is to be no fireing of weapons untill 5 seconds have passed from the start of the game. The reason for this is so that no one can get cheap kills with shooting off the Gl from long distances into the possible insert areas."

I don't think this happens as much as you might think.  I can only really think of a few maps where this might be a problem: Small River, Small Docks, Creekbed.

?   Small River - Nading the waterfall is almost like a pasttime now.  I think the majority of times an enemy actually spawns there is not enough to enact a rule.  Also, what about rockets or support guns?  Would it be a bad thing if I laid down on the trigger of my M60 into the waterfall, or would I have to wait 5 seconds no matter what I selected?  

?   Small Docks - Nading spawn points on Docks is more like a scare tactic than anything.  I have personally seen it work only a handful of times.  Besides, if you nade the wrong spawn point, you just gave away your position.  Also, if you plan on spawn nading on Small Docks, good luck.  Since there isn't really a clear line of view, such as the Small River waterfall, I really don't see the advantage.

?   Creekbed - I've seen the spawn nading done on Creekbed, and it doesn't work.  One of the most important tactics in Creekbed is to take as much ground as possible and as fast as possible.  

If anything, spawn nading takes guys away from moving, as well as gives your position away.  It bascially becomes a sever disadvantage to the clan who uses it.  Besides, the clan that do use it probably do not win that many CB's because of it anyway.  If the clan's tactic is to give your position away at the beginning, good luck.
Also, 5 seconds on my machine might be different than yours.  No real way of proving it, but you know the game timers sucks immensely.  I can see it now... "MAUTI... HE SHOT ME 4.5 SECONDS AFTER THE START, NOT 5!!!

I agree with VooDoo on this issue.  With the BTs Command Maps showing spawn points, some of the clans have gotten very good at nade spamming the spawn points for easy kills.  It's not a matter that deals with skill so much as ethics.

It's not like BTs changed the spawn points.  They only pointed them out.  I knew where the spawn points were before those maps came out, and so did most everyone else.  Like I said, I think it hurts the clan who is doing it, not the clan they are doing it against.

NEXT!

If both clans agree any modifications can be used.

The problem with only allowing modifications when both clans agree is that both clans never agree!  Imagine if Warzone would only be played if both teams agreed upon it??  I can tell you that Warzone would most likely have been avoided like the plague for the majority.  BUT, since it was required, clans had to learn it, and then become proficient at it.  If something as simple as new maps were allowed, we would be opening GhR, not confining it.  We added Warzone, so why not offer more maps in which to play it on?  The map packs are relatively small downloads.  I do not condone IT of FB maps because you have to download the entire expansion altogether.  IT and FB are way to buggy and way to big to implement as a requirement.

That's all for now... more to come...

.::|N| Noto
GEN BILLY

Go Damn

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2003, 01:13:56 am »

Mauti, I know I heard someone else say that this may be a good idea for a rule but what do you think.

I have seen more and more players use this method. I think this would be a good idea, maybe for all ladders.

vood's

Thats the dumbest fucking rule I heard all year... if you find yourself involved with nades coming over your head then duck and move. We dont need a stupid rule like that tarnishing this great league.

This was brought up in a previous season discussion... I dont believe sensors should be banned its part of the game if you dont like the game then dont play it.

GEN BILLY
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2003, 01:27:53 am »

You can't ban sensors, and you can't ban nades - you might as well ban the guns if you do this, it would simply get rediculouse pulling the game to pieces....

5 second hold a the beginning of the game maybe would be nice to stop those GL bombers... but how on earth would you inforce it... and well its a skill and a part of the game isn't it?!

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2003, 09:46:49 am »

Yea, drop the 5sec rule. It would lead to ludacris situations where you find yourself face to face with the enemy but you cant shoot them until 3...2...blam - Hey you shot too early!  Grin

The maps... For a different ladder yes, not for the main ladder. I'm not really for implementing 3rd party mods for the main ladder.

I suggest we make de_dust a required map for the cqb ladder and maybe a few more small maps.

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2003, 11:59:54 am »

Guys please read and don't stiffen on small points that are only undecided suggestions as Voodoo's 5sec rule was which will come for AA for certain reasons.

However back to penalty points for glitching. I slept about it and I would rather give out warning points that are entered on a list here in the forum. This makes  the whole envirment friendlier than giving out penalty points.

Some ideas: not all players are registered on the BL site: 0.5 warning points.
You don't appear to a sheduled cb in the mainseason: 0.5 warning points
You don't appear to a sheduled cb in the finals: 1.0 wp
You get caught glichting once: the rule in my first post will apply + 0.5wp(no matter if accidently or not but all in all 0.5 isn't much).
You get caught glitching twice: 1.2 wp

If a clan reaches 3.0wp he will get suspended for the rest of the season. I think that sounds fair and doesn't invites clans to search for glitches in the end of the main season so a clan gets 10% off in the last week so misses the finals.

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
[one] Gambit

Protector of llamas everywhere

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2003, 12:29:26 pm »

Mauti- I'm not sure this adderesses the 'replay scanning for glitches not affecting the game' issue adequately, if your intention is to eliminate that practice. Maybe something about a glitch needing to directly affect the outcome of a game? That puts the responsibility on the Admins to  determine if a glitch affects the game. I still think a glitch should be noted in the debrief period and a screenshot taken of the accusation to remove all doubt about where the glitch was and when it happened. That would eliminate that practice quite thoroughly.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads