*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 09:49:51 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Black Thorn Demo runs as mod on mac  (Read 2797 times)
Toby

« on: October 20, 2001, 11:43:43 am »

If you have Virtual PC, you copy the black thorn folder in the mods folder of the black thorn application to your mac, and then do the standard conversion on it - and it works - you only get three new weapons from what I can see (FN-p90/FN-P90SD/FN5.7 Pistol) oddly, the FN-p90 model looks a little small, but the sounds are great. And the included level (complete with helicopter) is v.cool. I haven't seen any texture problems so far at all.

Oddly, though, all Rainbow operatives are the same - I thought one was meant to be the mastermind behind the opposition this time...

Also, the loading screen of the campaign shows the interior of an airport - the mission I believe they've now cut from the game.

I'm going to try the lone wolf multiplayer game later, I'll tell you if it works...

So if you have Virtual PC, get converting - and with any luck the whole package can be used on a mac.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged
SigSauer

Pop The Clip

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2001, 09:30:31 pm »

Ummmm.....
How does on go about converting?
Not all of us are up on all the intricacies of conversion.
Toby

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2001, 05:39:04 am »

I'll do a quick run-through of the way I did it - there are other ways, though.

First, download it. Then place a downloaded copy of the installer into a shared folder you've created in Virtual PC. Then install it. Once done, copy over the BLACK THORN folder inside the Mods folder onto your mac hard drive.

Then, using a text-editor (I use tex-edit, because it lets you do batch replacements) remove all .wav and line feeds (look like small boxes) from: Everything in the text folder, The mission folder, The actor folder, The kit folder, the file named rommel.cxp in the texture folder, and the files named .ass and .stp in the map folder.

Then using SoundAppPPC, another shareware programme, you convert all the .WAV sound files in the sounds folder to apple system sound files, and replace the .wavs with them - and that's it.

I'm not doing a great job of explaining, but it actually isn't that difficult, and as long as you don't mind the laboriousness of going through every single file listed above, you can actually use any text editor to eliminate the line feeds - just manually delete the boxes at the start of every line in the files mentioned. But both the files listed above should be available on versiontracker.com.

Hope that helps a little
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2001, 06:37:02 am »

You don't have to convert it I am just uploading it and in the evening Black Thorn Demo will be avaible at *DAMN R6/RS World together with the US TAC Mod and few map mods.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Toby

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2001, 02:15:15 pm »

Fantastic! You'll do a much better job of converting than me...I hope you can fix the missing explosions sound bug I ran into in converting the US TAC Mod.

Btw, if you download the version of the Black Thorn Mod from R6 Mod Vault, they've modded it to allow you to play with all the new weapons in the game...

Toby
Matt
Special Forces

?SWAT?

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2001, 06:11:29 pm »

AHHHHH i want black thorn so bad! first, i download the copy from mod vault to convert it... but there was an error with the EXE file in VPC, then i try the regular one, that didnt work either. now, i try to download the mod from fileplanet, and i have to pay $7 a month to download... whats up with that? i know mauti is busy, so if anyone has gotten it, could you please send it to me, i would aprreciate it

oh yeah, i was wondering if anyone was able to implement the 'Lone Wolf' MP option into the mod...

- Matt
SigSauer

Pop The Clip

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2001, 06:52:08 pm »

We need to send ?team to File Planet. They are holding Black Thorn hostage.
A team of 4 should do it. Make sure they are dressed in black and are using 45 slugs in all wepons.........
Matt
Special Forces

?SWAT?

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2001, 06:59:31 pm »

heheh good idea, we'll send in 4 SWAT's we'll use SD5's hehehe download the files the get out... Smiley

Well... i am downloading the PC version of black thorn (not the modvault one)... i actually got it to d/l even though it is going slow...

- Matt
Grifter
God bless the freaks

Detroit, where the weak are killed and eaten

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2001, 12:59:26 am »

The jungle map is the best map I've seen yet!  It even has my favorite gun, the P90!

Thanks for the conversioin Mauti!  You are the whip man!

Matt... if you still don't have it tomorrow... let me know and I'll just put it in my iDisk public folder.

"...to the last, I grapple with thee; from Hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."
Matt
Special Forces

?SWAT?

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2001, 03:32:57 pm »

ok, i am getting it now, the mac version... very slowly, i wont have a chance to play it though until later cause my brother is crying cause he wants a turn on the computer so he can listen to his rap and sit on aim saying "sup" and "nm". then again, i play RS Wink
enough of my bitching...

the P90 is awesome, its the only gun i use when i play the (cs mod i believe) i dont play mods much so i dont know exactly
i downloaded the pc version last night cause i am impatient but didnt have a chance to convert it on my own... its a lot of work though. do you use BBedit or some other program to automate that work? (not just the find/replace command) like opening multiple files and taking out the line feeds and .wavs

- Matt
Toby

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2001, 04:59:52 pm »

I use Tex-edit to convert, but I think it's now available from Fileplanet, wonder of wonders, so you can download the pre-converted copy.

The P-90 is almost TOO good in this mod, I have to warn you - and the model is nowhere near as good as some of those we've been spoiled with before - the other weapons aren't really anything to write home about - although the FN FAL and Steyr TMP are good, and the sound effects are fantastic for the pistols.
Matt
Special Forces

?SWAT?

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2001, 06:01:50 pm »

yeah i got it from fileplanet, slowly bu surely...

i wish lone wolf mode worked... i am sure it is feasable (sp?) toby mb you could figure it out, or mauti when he gets a chance... it must have something to do with the mod files...

oh yeah, where are the New multi-player kit items: land mines, mine detectors, trip mines etc...?

- Matt
Toby

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2001, 08:38:08 pm »

I have no idea how to activate the lone wolf mode in multiplayer. My guess would be that it's in the application itself, maybe. But I'm not sure. Mauti's the master - I am but a humble student in the art of conversion.  And not a very good student at that.

As for the extra items - I'm not sure there are any. This is a list (as far as I know) of everything new in the game:

Pistols

FN Five-seveN
Sig P228
Steyr SPP

Submachine Guns
Beretta M12
FN P90
FN P90-SD
Steyr TMP

Assault Rifles
FAMAS G2
FN-FAL
FN-FNC
GALIL ARM (Terrorist)
Valmet M82 (Terrorist)

Sniper Rifles
Sig SSG3000

Machine Guns
M60

I think (apart from the new maps) that's it.

And you can unlock all the weapons in the demo by fiddling around with the .itm files in the kit folder. I can email you the necessary files should you want.

Toby
Bondo
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2001, 11:15:50 pm »

So, I'm unclear about this, is it available for free download on gamespy or only for personal service people.
Toby

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2001, 02:36:12 pm »

It should be up and running for download on the fileplanet public servers, at least it looked that way yesterday evening...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads