*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 03:08:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  *DAMN Battle League(*DBL) (Moderators: BTs_Mysterio, *DAMN Hazard, BFG, Civrock, BTs_GhostSniper, ~Po~ TiroFino, [a] LYNX, Phara, mesa)
| | |-+  A lil idea...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A lil idea...  (Read 10202 times)
PUNiSHER™

« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2006, 06:50:09 am »

Tin and Clay I feel your frustration, the clans signed up are mostly from the other side of the world and its easier for them to get an unscheduled CB going than it is for you guys.  It seems the only clan on during the same time that you guys are is [Tribe].  If the league sticks with this system next season and its hurting you guys from getting CB's I would suggest merging with a clan in the US or recruit more US players.  The way I see it right now though you guys seem to be in good position for making the top 4 when the season ends and then you wouln't have to worry about it when the Finals weekend comes.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 07:08:20 am by PUNiSHER™ » Logged

rageasaurus rex

« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2006, 11:16:53 pm »

Quote from: tin the bimbo
We tryed tried everything and we had thought we would get it done in time. Honestly, I don’t think that(YOU DONT NEED THIS HERE) we could have done any better with your support. With [a] huge effort we got only 6 of 8 cbs to play we only played six out of eight cbs. We had serveral talks with the clan leaders, we posted on their forums, we stood up stayed up pretty long every night just to catch someone to play to cb (what the hell...). I'm not saying it's their fault at all. It's just the big time difference which makes it hard for both sides to work something out. Even if we would have brought our issuse to an admin earlier, you would have not would not have been able to help us. That's mostly the reason why we didnt bother to contact one of you.

Jesus fucking christ I havn't seen English this bad in years. You fail at getting your point across because your English is so bad, I couldn't even get past the mistakes. I read your entire post and have no idea what it was about. Congrats. Try going back to school.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 11:19:35 pm by rageasaurus rex » Logged
rageasaurus rex

« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2006, 11:31:57 pm »

Quote from: Tin's sig
The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent. Now get out of here.

Quite the contrary. The ability to communicate (speaking, writing, reading, etc) is the only thing that makes us intelligent. Speech is the only thing separating us from our predecessors (cavemen, apes, etc). The shear stupidity of that statement is enough to prove how ignorant and feeble-minded you are. Your lack of common sense is as blatant as your terrible grammar. Your flaunting of that quote like it's some axiom is even more pitiful than the quote itself.

You seriously need to think about what you say. It's extremely apparent that you do nothing of the sort and is detrimental to the validity of your posts and your credibility in general.

That is all. Good day sir.
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2006, 12:27:52 am »

lol, I love it lol

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
PUNiSHER™

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2006, 02:15:30 am »

That looks like a flame ban to me, I know I wouldn't take bullshit like that, if nothing is done about what was said there World War 3 will be starting on these forums very soon.  These forums are a joke, some people are trying to make improvements and a point with the DBL and we have jackass's who don't even play on the ladder making sarcastic remarks.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 02:26:29 am by PUNiSHER™ » Logged

rageasaurus rex

« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2006, 02:45:43 am »

For one, I'm not flaming. I am trying to get a point across to this kid. You're displaying the exact same fatousness that sparked my previous posts. Secondly, threatening people only worked in kindergarten. Cut the crap and grow up. I used one profane word in both posts and that was to express my deep resentment toward the way he types. I thought my point was explicit, but apparently it wasn't coherent enough for you. The point of such posts as this is not to "flame" as you called it. Rather, the point is to emphasize issues in hopes that he will address them. For some people, being as brash and rude as possible is the only way to divert their attention to the problem at hand.

I hope you have a better understanding for the purpose of my post.
rageasaurus rex

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2006, 02:49:25 am »

I am far from being sarcastic and who said I don't play in the league? Stop making assumptions without thinking first. Here's a little lesson:

smurfing(v): changing one's alias online to increase anonymity

Obviously I don't play as rageasaurus rex.
PUNiSHER™

« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2006, 04:05:15 am »

No, your posting information completely off topic with the intended purpose to flame.  I don't think telling someone to shutup and speak proper english is what this topic is about or what were supposed to be discussing here, and why hide yourself with an alias, are you so ashamed of your posts that you need to post under a different name to keep yourself from being known as a jackass.  Any admin can just check your IP address and match it up with who you really are and they should tell the rest of us so we know.  You should be responding to the suggestions people have made or make your own suggestions, I think Ein's idea is a great solution for the problem Clay has expressed, your just totally ignoring what people are trying to acomplish here and its cowards like you that should be banned from these forums.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 04:07:56 am by PUNiSHER™ » Logged

Hunter

« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2006, 05:25:48 am »

No matter what this league tries people are not going to play because there is not much interest in playing anymore.  There is really no solution.  The Admins have put in enough thought and effort into the issue. 

If you have a clan with low activity, then that is your clan's problem, not the DBL's.  Perhaps you need to recruit more players?  If you have a clan with players who don't want to play anymore,  you're shit out of luck as a clan.  Po is sorry for you.  We all need to take it for what it is, and play, or we can bitch about it and not play.  I for one, will play.

As far as you Pun, stay on topic, you're acting like a French man I know.

Cheers!
Kangaroo

« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2006, 08:12:44 am »

Jesus fucking christ I havn't seen English this bad in years. You fail at getting your point across because your English is so bad, I couldn't even get past the mistakes. I read your entire post and have no idea what it was about. Congrats. Try going back to school.

Always a good idea to check your own spelling when critiquing another.
KGB

what's going on

« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2006, 09:46:20 am »

clapping hands
Nice one roo

Brutha
Forum Whore

Assumption is the brother of all fuck ups

« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2006, 10:11:22 am »

This thread was NOT about language barriers, but it was about an idea on how to improve the league for all. To all those complaining about the language used here... Not all writers on this forum have English as their first language so do not use bad grammar as reasons for complaining. If you have a problem with what is said, as the poster to clarify what he/she meant to say. Try to go to a forum using your second language as their main language, and post activly there. Some of you might do well, but others will struggle.

To the Europeans that post here... Try to read through your post one more time before you post and read it out loud... if it sounds weird, it most probably is weird... this is constructive critisism, so do not interpret it as anything else.

Now get this thread back on track before we close it. I, and the other moderators of this forum, enjoy constructive discussions on how to run the league... we do NOT however enjoy a thread getting sidetracked and end up with the flaming we are starting to see here.

Brutha

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
Tin

« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2006, 10:06:23 pm »

Oha, rageasaurus rex! You hurt my feelings! I'm going to cry myself to sleep.  Nade
Rex, as some ppl already metioned, this is NOT my native language. Whatever, thx for correting my bad grammar. Maybe we can meet up at GR and you give me some private english lessons.
 We need more love

@topic.

Hunter, you are right, there is no real solution. But ignoring clans with low activity won’t make it any better. GhR is dying. The activity is decreasing in general. This has been discussed so many times  …… We cannot do much about this.

That's why the new schedule system was created. It works great so far expect this one rule.
 …… I dont want to repeat myself again. Nevertheless we should reconsider this rule next season as suggested by Ein.
I have a sugestion that might work for next season... Have the scheduled days for the cbs as you did this season... But for the unscheduled cbs, allow the clans the entire season to get them done - not just the 2 weeks between the scheduled ones. This will give clans longer to set up the harder cbs and also allow them to play clans who have members on who they are not necessarily scheduled to play for that week .

Just an idea.

Ein
rageasaurus rex

« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2006, 01:52:33 am »

Another idea would be to talk now about scheduling next season (as you are now) but to have no (zero) unscheduled matches. Have a default time (say x:00 PM/AM on a Saturday) and schedule every single match in advance. If one or more teams can't make it to a match, rescheduling will take place between the two teams. However the match should be completed and the results submited within a week following the original time. That way if something comes up for someone in Europe, the match is flexible. Again, this is just a suggestion.

EDIT:
Also, if a clan cannot scrounge up enough players to participate in the CB within a week of the match's scheduled time, they FORFEIT the match automatically. That leaves room for another rule. Every clan gets x amount of forfeit losses (let's say 3). After forfeiting 3 matches, the clan is automatically disqualified from the league. The idea is to merge the unscheduled CBs with the scheduled ones by making the scheduled ones more frequent and more flexible.

If you need more active players, then recruit. If there's no one to recruit, then you might want to think about merging with another clan. Ghost Recon is, as previously stated, dying. I've known many games to which this has happened, and there's no easy solution.

I feel these ideas support both sides equally. Again, having a default time gives everyone a heads up before the match. It should be relatively simple to come up with a time that works for both US and European players. This way, everyone can assume they'll need to be prepared to CB at an exact time every week, giving them a chance to check their schedules and start rescheduling matches as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 02:08:51 am by rageasaurus rex » Logged
rageasaurus rex

« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2006, 02:20:07 am »

Always a good idea to check your own spelling when critiquing another.
There is a big difference between horrendous grammar and a simple typo. It just so happens that this keyboard has extremely stiff keys and pressing them down to the point where it types the character requires a surprising amount of force. Whereas I'm used to a laptop keyboard, getting used to this one has proved rather difficult. Excuse you, sir.
rageasaurus rex

« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2006, 02:21:24 am »

clapping hands
Nice one roo
Save the peanut gallery comments for the cafeteria kid.

WeedWacker

« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2006, 02:42:34 am »

Rageasaurus is a bitter spiteful person.  I don't think the "three foreits and aclan is eliminated" rule would do anything to spur more gaming.  The simplest rule would be:  "every clan must cb every other clan twice (for example) during the season."  Simple.  Scheduling doesn't work since most of us are students, have jobs, have families, etc.

WeedWacker's guarantee:  "if I don't kill you within 3 shots, the next one's free."
Clay

« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2006, 03:03:38 am »

Rage, it seems like you have lost a way too much time making up a new account to flame people on that thread... Your comments are totaly useless, and offtopic...Maybe you should use your real name, people are not paying attention to useless flamewhores such as you...

Krush, gg on being dumb again...I thought you were gone, too bad that you are back, you are gonna keep noobing this thread with useless and flaming comments.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 03:20:46 am by Clay » Logged

deumrabbit
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2006, 03:11:23 am »

No, your posting information completely off topic with the intended purpose to flame.  I don't think telling someone to shutup and speak proper english is what this topic is about or what were supposed to be discussing here, and why hide yourself with an alias, are you so ashamed of your posts that you need to post under a different name to keep yourself from being known as a jackass.  Any admin can just check your IP address and match it up with who you really are and they should tell the rest of us so we know.  You should be responding to the suggestions people have made or make your own suggestions, I think Ein's idea is a great solution for the problem Clay has expressed, your just totally ignoring what people are trying to acomplish here and its cowards like you that should be banned from these forums.

Well... I don't know about you punisher, but it took about 6 times of reading what Clay typed and a little surfing around in this thread to understand what he actually wanted. I don't think rage's post is "completely off topic". If I can't even understand what the topic is about or what some people are trying to say because of their bad english, then how am I supposed to make a reply or state my opinion? How are you supposed to stay on topic when the topic is impossible to understand? And anyways, why are you playing "let's save the league" when last season you kept saying "This league sucks" and "I never want to compete in this stupid league again"? (just in case you say "no i never said that", here's a link http://www.damnr6.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=9712.0)
Not to mention the other time when you started a poll with a title something along the lines of "Do you think this stupid battle league is worth playing in?". So please stop acting like you care at all about this league, because it's very obvious that you don't. And stop with the "righteous tirades" about flaming and spamming.
Back to the topic... I think we should take out the unscheduled cb's, but leave the scheduled cb's the way they are. If a clanmember can't commit to comming on once a week (it's on a frigging Saturday too!, it's not like it's at 3am on a Monday night) to cb for 3 or 4 hours, then maybe that person should not be in a clan. And to small clans with 3 or 4 members, try recruiting more members or merging with a larger clan. And for the clans located in Europe, why don't you try recruiting more US players, or tell all your clan members to be on at the right time on Saturday. Every clan had over 3 weeks of notice on the date (I remember after the update the date got swapped a few times but everyone still had plenty of notice), and the exact time of the cb, if you can't get your members on, too bad.

EDIT: Link fixed.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 04:41:28 am by deumrabbit » Logged
deumrabbit
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2006, 03:13:43 am »

rage ? big time lost in creating an account just to answer this thread ?
To my eyes, you are  just a lamer with a serious lack of balls, post what you want to say under you true indentity, you'll just sound less like the lil coward you are...Moreover, man you are going out topic and you should think twice before correcting another grammar's issues. Your post is so freaking useless it should be erased, you are an out topic whore, go post elsewhere.
Anyway, maybe you have something interesting to say under a true name ?

Krush , that's for you, you are making a total whore, and a brainless faggot of yourself, your posts too are going off topic, though you left, too bad you came back.

I have absolutely NO idea what the hell this means... at all. Sorry Clay.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads