*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 01:06:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: This is pathetic  (Read 9431 times)
BTs_Mysterio
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2005, 12:41:39 am »

Are you going to give the BL this anti-hack so they can distribute/make it standard?

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2005, 12:43:23 am »

well, if lee.harvey would like to host most of the rvs cbs, i think that we could get along fine(what with his amazing server and all)

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2005, 01:17:52 am »

It may prove difficult to schedule the CBs all for one server. Unless of course we went to a full-schedule CB set up.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
[a] kitkat

I've got tone...

« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2005, 01:18:25 am »

What would be especially entertaining is if Harvey catches someone who likes to talk about how cheating is bad and that 'they' would never do it.

That will make my day.
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don&#039;t make me smack you.

« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2005, 09:17:54 am »

Are you going to give the BL this anti-hack so they can distribute/make it standard?

they know about it.. but some of it is still in testing stages

Djing isn&#039;t realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it&#039;s about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ&#039;s:they love it, they live for it.
Brutha
Forum Whore

Assumption is the brother of all fuck ups

« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2005, 11:04:31 pm »

Well, at least someone is doing something

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2005, 11:21:53 pm »

Well, at least someone is doing something

Not that anything actually needs to be done.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Brutha
Forum Whore

« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2005, 11:24:58 pm »

You don't believe that, I do believe that...apparently a lot more are believing it. And for the record, the way you go on about there is no need, doesn't actually help your statement of being innocent(I do believe you are, but it might be seen as a very defensive statement).

Typhy

Woot

« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2005, 11:27:25 pm »

In my country, one is innocent until proven guilty. I have nothing to prove.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Brutha
Forum Whore

« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2005, 11:31:33 pm »

so, the damn community is different how? As I see it, you haven't been charged with cheating and recieved a ban at all....as for people? they make up their minds no matter how much evidence there exists against someone.

spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2005, 11:49:13 pm »

Officially *DAMN doesn't know of anyone who is actually cheating. We know what the hack is, and we have been exploring options in how to stop it.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2005, 01:04:23 am by spike » Logged

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2005, 12:10:51 am »

Well, Looking at this thread I just feel that I should post another opinion based on this circumstance.  I do think what Lee Harvey did is an excellent deterrent against hackers on his server and believe that it is a good point for saying that people do use Hacks.  Granted most people dont based on the fact that most people have integrity online to where they want to be the best that they can be and not the best that can be achieved by cheating.  In the end there really is no fun in cheating.  But there is obviously an issue out there with cheaters, no matter how small the issue may be, it is still out there. 

I am not saying that it is a big issue out there but it is obviously there.  As for the porting of the game and the support for it, it would be nice of Aspyr to put out all these patches for the game but in this case they cant cover every issue, especially ones such as this where people take the script of the game and try to benefit by hacking the software to play better.  As we know with our PC counterparts they have way more issues then we do when it comes to hacking so for the most part I think Aspyr did OK in that aspect.  Porting a script from PC to Mac is not always the easiest thing but I must admit, they are getting better as the company get's older. 

Now about using RS as an example of people not cheating.  Well, RS is kind of a poor example to use for the reason that most of us that were playing when RS was the hot thing were somewhat new to the Mac Gaming experience and because we were using a different platform then the PC counterpart is why we did not assume that people were really making hacks, but people were.  otherwise why would they have an anti-cheat mod for that game, which I still have on disk heh.  In any event ANY game can be hacked. 

So If someone believes that they are cheating on their server, I do believe that they have the complete right to kick anyone they want off of their server.  Just dont play on that server.  That is the beautiful thing about setting up a server to play is that you can make the rules.  Would it matter if they kicked you from the server because they think you are cheating or should they just say that they dont like you and kick you?  Either way it sucks but it is their choice.  I am pretty sure myself that you dont cheat but you will never know for sure, no matter how good they suddenly get or how good you always play.  But it's not like you cant get onto another server, right?

Keeping it as being a game in perspective is a hard thing, especially when someone is testing your honor within the clans or outside of the clans, since most of us try to be who we are to keep things somewhat real, but in the end we have to remember that it is only a game.  I have not always followed that principle myself but I do try and keep a firm perspective of where I lay within that realm.  So as long as you are comfortable to knowing that you dont cheat and others that matter know as well then there really shouldn't be an issue right?

Saberian

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
NiKLoT

« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2005, 02:16:31 pm »

nice statement, but your hole text resumes just this thread nothing really new and ur messge is: fucking hackers stop this shit, u cant always cheat just cuz u want to get better, imagin real life: you dont have enough money and instead og work u go and steal some money.  Sniper
 but i agree 100% with your point of view
Maniac

kill them all!!!

« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2005, 11:01:07 pm »

Yeah i agree too most people should want to just get good on their own, but some people are lazy and like to take the easy way out.

-MP5- season X winners RvS Team.
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don&#039;t make me smack you.

« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2005, 10:28:55 am »

Officially *DAMN doesn't know of anyone who is actually cheating. We know what the hack is, and we have been exploring options in how to stop it.

Dont you mean the hackS b/c there are about 5 major .u hacks and a few others that are even harder to detect. Lucky the PC community has changed the way they hack Rvs now to beat punk buster and the new way is a way that us mac guys cant use. so once we find a way to get all these hacks detected.. we dont have to worrie for a while.... unless someone out there figures out how to make new hacks just for the mac ver.

Djing isn&#039;t realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it&#039;s about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ&#039;s:they love it, they live for it.
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2005, 01:57:28 pm »

The DBL has looked over one of the major hacks, and I would be interested in looking into the other ones.

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Lee Kirton
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2005, 04:02:09 pm »

just outta curiosity, what do these cheats allow players to do?
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2005, 05:03:12 pm »

Oh come on... is this for a 'friend' who was interested? Wink can you make yourself appear any more dodgy by not logging into your account and then asking a question like that!!!  Cheesy

... what do the cheats do? spoil the fun for everyone else.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2005, 08:43:38 pm »

Wall Hack - Glowing figure behind walls
Reticule lock
no recoil
a few others.

The real nasty ones have aim bots. You shoot anywhere and it finds your head. Most of these I havnt seen work properly on the Mac side. Lost of wierd code will be displayed in the console for all to see.

BFG is right, It makes for an unpleasent game and for lots of Paranoia in the community.

voo

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2005, 10:01:10 pm »

Wall Hack - Glowing figure behind walls
Reticule lock
no recoil
a few others.

The real nasty ones have aim bots. You shoot anywhere and it finds your head. Most of these I havnt seen work properly on the Mac side. Lost of wierd code will be displayed in the console for all to see.

Thats just the start in fact, there are a whole host of others but vood's has certainly highlighted a couple of the most common/

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads